“very bad hotel, very good location”

Hotel de Nevers Paris 11e
Ranked #1,641 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Budapest, Hungary
“very bad hotel, very good location”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel is very well located, very inexpensive, but the room was dirty, there was no toilet on board. They told me to take him in charge they said, failed. Thus, a good toilet rooms facing away we went. The rooms in some places it was as if it had been bombed. If there is no great need for someone just wants to sleep, then ennyiért not bad.

Room Tip: very bad hotel, very good location
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Imre V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with my dad - supporting my brother in a sporting event
October 2012

Easy to find, good location, plenty of shops ranging from basics like Lidl! to resturants, game/video shops, and a bit further of a walk retail stores. Great location for the Metro to anywhere, good bus routes.
Still quite a busy area, people always walking past and lots of moving traffic but that didn't seem to keep us awake of a night.

Upon arrival we were on time for check in but room wasn't ready, so our bags were locked away and we went for a walk.
First impressions were bad, there was only half a hotel. Walls were opened, titles and panelling were piled up everywhere in the reception area.
They say they were renovating.
Staff though sort of polite enough, didn't hold a conversation and were unkept looking..and there was only 2 of them as main staff.

Upon returning and going up to our room we found it to be very small, storage space was 2 small drawers by the beds and a table with a small drawer, also the shower head was hanging off the wall.
My dad immediately went down to reception about that and after some difficult gaps in translation someone was sent to fix it - they ended up buying a new shower head.
(at one point I was left in the room with the maintenance man and he spoke no english whatsoever as he mummbled some sort of instruction about working the shower)

The room was cold, with no way to adjust temperature, beds were very small, i'm 5 foot and petite and it felt quite skinny to me. The sheets were clean but the duvet was very thin and I did get cold. The only things added to the room were some soap and a couple of hangers. I lived out of my suitcase. Cleaning staff came every day.
Photos did not resemble what we saw of this hotel.

The bathroom wasn't the cleanest either and this too was a bit draughty. Nice view to a nice looking apartment across the street causing a bit of room envy.

The decor was ok, pretty basic in the rooms, the hallways, that were seemingly finished had nice deep red carpet and Im guessing for effect?: dimmed lighting also nice wide spiral staircases.. the lift was a thin, tall glass box about 2 feet by 2 feet to move in..barely fit the 2 of us and suitcases in it...

Hotel said free wifi, it was so poor it barely connected at all. Another hotel nearby had free wifi and although i could see the network it wouldnt connect as signal wasnt strong enough.
I asked about this and the receptionist told me to use a different network and gave me a password supposedly his own private one, but this too was terrible and not worth it, we were on the 1st floor.

The best part of this hotel was definately the new shower, once it was installed the water was lovely and warmed quickly and the pressure was fantastic not dribbly like some other hotels.
The location is the only other decent thing. Right between 2 metro stations.

We paid an extra 100 gbp or so for a hotel closer to central Paris and although that may not be much, it was compared to a 3 star hotel that probably would have been a lot better, so the quality did not live up to the price.

If you want luxury, this is not the place for you. (unless theyve drastically finished building work)
If you're on a budget, I say keep looking for better value : quality

Also, maybe its just me but their business cards have cats on, there are no cats and i cant think of a reason for a hotel to imply cats of any kind.. just odd to me.

I would stay here again only in a pinch and a hope of improvement but as im planning to return to paris with my partner we will for sure be shopping around....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BudgetGlobalExplorer

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Montreal
Reviewed December 18, 2012

In last October I booking from Montreal by internet with pictures that show you differents view of this discasting place....for three nigths....we stay ones...and live righ away....they give me one nigth back in my credit car and two weeks later when I was at home, they charge me again one nigth more?????..is very dirty, and the people that working there are THIEVES!!!!!..NEVER goes to this hotel.......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cocochap2001
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

LIKES: location, clean sheets. The access to the room was through a portal: there were no stairs and we had to jump into the wall to enter the room like in "the prince of persia" game. The location of electricity sockets was very convenient: just in the ceiling so that people 2,5 m tall could feel comfortable when charging their electronic devices. When entering the bathroom one could see a desiger's godsend location of the toilet bowl - slantwise! One could not actually sit on it because there is no way one's knees would fit into the bathroom. So the only option is climbing on the bowl and making oneself comfortable on it in like an eagle.
DISLIKES: It smelled like cockroach spray throughout all our stay and still the cockroaches were there waiting for us in the bathroom! I preferred locking my suitcases as i had a feeling my stuff could be stolen. The furniture is at least 40 years old.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ekaterina A
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed July 24, 2012

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PHOTOS... It's an absolute kip of a place. My boyfriend booked this online and when we arrived we took one look at the room and turned around and left. The wallpaper was hanging off the mouldy walls and the carpet was filthy. I was afraid to even look at the bed sheets to see what state they were in and the bathroom plumbing was outside the walls rather than behind the walls like any normal place! A filthy spot..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sham30
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Got room 18. Stank of cigarettes. Wallpaper peeling off. No light in bathroom. Even sheets stank of cigarettes. Complained and got changed to room 23. Was a far nicer room, modern painted walls and bathroom and floorboards. But this is the ONLY room in the hotel like this. Every other room, old and dodgy. Staff were friendly. Free Wi-Fi and a lift. Let's just say, get what you pay for. But I'd search around, maybe the hotel next door, looks nice.

1 Thank youngsydneycouple
puerto rico
Reviewed November 16, 2011

It may not be the best or the biggest there was no parking but the staff made all the other issues pale in comparison

Room Tip: stay close to the ground floors
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends