“I do not know why people have been giving...”
Review of La Maison du Miel

La Maison du Miel
Ranked #81 of 671 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Our boutique LA MAISON DU MIEL was founded in 1898 by Charles Galland, so as to be able to sell honey from the different regions of France in Paris.In 1905, it moved to its present location rue Vignon.It's the oldest honey shop in Paris.It's now more than a hundred years old. The shop is charming and the shop windows are listed and are decorated in the original early 1900' stlyle.The interior is welcoming and decorated with taste. You will see the original bee mosaic and tiles as you enter.There is a selection of more than forty different types of hony.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I do not know why people have been giving...”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I do not know why people have been giving this "attraction" good ratings. Coming from Australia the honey in maison du miel isn't of great quality and all my high expectations were diminished when I saw the shop - it is small, no authentic parisien feel and we were the only customers despite being in there (despite my boredom) for 20mins. The shop owner must be writing all the good reviews because there is nothing special about it...take my advice, don't visit and spend your time on real attractions.

6 Thank Oranginaa

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“It isthe best honey!”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My daughter brought me a jar of miel de tulleul (lime honey) from La Maison du Miel. It is fabulous!!! When I return to Paris, you can bet I'll buy lots of their honey for gifts!

2 Thank TravelinQueen
mocksville, n.c.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Losing my honey”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Several years ago, during my first trip to Paris, I went to this great shop and purchased such wonderful flavored honey as well as the candies. Unfortuanltely for me, I packed the jars in my carry on and did not think of them as liquid, my mistake. They were taken at the airport in Amsterdam. I am going to Paris this week again, and plan on being smarter when I purchase some more honey.

3 Thank mel4
San Francisco
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Must-Taste!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

If you're in the Madeleine/Concorde area, do not miss this spectacular honey boutique! No other selection of honey in Europe lived up to this store. I took home one precious jar of Lavender Honey from Provence and I am making it last until I can go back and get more! You can three samples - choose wisely. Also don't miss the Basque food shop across the street.

2 Thank lennonfan929
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous speciality shop”
Reviewed October 18, 2007

They have a wonderful selection of honey of many different types. My favorie is the lavande( lavander) honey. Delicieux!

1 Thank BHB1