“Very Good Experience”

Ranked #1,516 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very Good Experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was very happy with the Hotel de la Felicite! It was conveniently located to a metro station, so it was easy to get around Paris and was actually in reasonable walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees. There were many small grocery stores nearby as well.
The room was perfect for us and was very clean and everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful and spoke a functional amount of English.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank niagaratraveller92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed there for 5 nights. Very satisfied with Hotel De La Felicite's service. Although rooms were small, but they were cleaned every morning. Location was convenient too, nearest Metro at Malesherbes. Surrounded by authentic french cafes, so we have no problem at all in finding breakfasts, and there were several pharmacies and a supermarket nearby.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Zita z
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very bad service, staff were rude, they have charged us €76.50 in our credit card for no reason and we jus found out after leaving the hotel, now we are trying to get our money back. I would not recommend this place and would not give any credit card details as they are a totally unreliable business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Lucianaarnhold82

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel De La Felicite has the old charm of paris, nice rooms and clean bathroom. However if you are traveling with kids, this hotel may not be your best option. the bedrooms and bathrooms are not big enough and their bar/cafe do not serve food at night. if you are taking the metro, you will have to walk a few blocks. There are nice restaurants though within the vicinity.

Room Tip: Rooms just above the hotel entrance door offer a nice view of the street and provides enough natural...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was a two night stay for me. I was travelling alone. The first front desk staff kept asking me questions about myself which made me uncomfortable. Maybe it was a different culture?

I was being assigned the room on the ground floor which the same front desk staff said it was the best room. I could not tell because I have not visited other rooms. But it was definitely the noisest one.

I was being sold a 12 euro buffet breakfast. As the hotel is 15 minutes away from the Metro I thought it was a good idea so paid upfront 24 euro for the two days.

At the first breakfast, there was no eggs no hot food. There were two pieces of cold cut left so I took that and had two toasts with it. There was coffee and orange juice. I thought the small selection was because I went there at 10.30am and was too late. But there were people arriving after me and they were left with almost nothing.

At the second breakfast I arrived at 9am. The food selection was even smaller. There was only crossiant. I thought it was a busy morning. I then checked out later and another front desk staff attempted to ask me to pay 7 and 3 euro respectively for the breakfasts because they were small. I told him I paid already and I paid 24 euro so should I be getting a refund? He stopped speaking English from that point. I thought it was a small amount and did not bother to pursue the refund notion.

I asked the same front desk staff to book me a taxi to go to the train station for about 15 min later. I was told taxis arrive right away so I shouldn't book in advance. I went back to the room; came back out with my luggage 15 minutes later; and was told by the same staff it was impossible to book anything because of the snow. It has been snowing for a day and a night. So I had no choice but to walk to the Metro with my luggage. In the snow the walk took double the time in normal condition.

My conclusion is there are many choices in Paris. Just don't risk your holiday with this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dai Y
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and thought it was good, receptionists was friendly and informative. it took us a little while to find it, as its about 10 mins walk from rome metro station. the 31 bus stop was right around the corner so we found it easier to use the bus. the room was small but really warm, which was great in november, as it was quite cold outside,( dont know how this would be in the summer, as there is no air conditioning) and we didnt have the heating on. the room was cleaned everyday and clean towels too. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

The room was very very warm, clean, nice, we really liked it, the only thing was that we could hear noises from the other rooms, we stayed there for 5 days, the train station is just at 10 min walking. They are friendly, and it's open 24 hours at day. Marle&Owe