“Good experience!”

Hotel Montpellier
Ranked #1,453 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Good experience!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My sister and I stayed at Montpellier for 2 nights in July '14 and we found our experience was more than satisfactory. No, it's not the Ritz, but for what you pay and assuming you are going to spent the majority of your time exploring Paris as opposed to sitting in your hotel room it's good for the price. The skirting board was a bit damaged (which resulted in a couple of ripped pairs of tights) but that was the only real problem with the room itself. It's also directly across the road from a Metro station which was very convenient.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were okay - our sheets were clean and beds were comfy.They cleaned our room and changed our towels which we weren't really expecting. Our room was on the same level as the reception so the fact there is no lift wasn't a problem for us.

The only problem we encountered was that when we arrived our booking had been "lost". We think the fault possibly lies with Laterooms.com who we will contact as we did have to pay an extra 8 euro a night because the only rooms they had were the slightly more expensive ones that had a shower in them. But like I said, I don't think this was the hotel staff's fault and at the end of the day, it was still cheap.

All in all a good experience! Would recommend to those stopping through Paris for a few days on a budget!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Grace T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Nice staff, but the premisies need some updating. They used that strong smelling detergent (perhaps to overpower the smell of mould) that I had to sleep window open. No elevator.Location is very near to metro and Montmarte.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank E K

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Palmetto
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July for one week. I was using the communal restroom and was locked inside because the door knob fell off. I was stuck there for approximately half an hour. The bed was small, fortunately the shower was right across the hall. There is no air conditioner and they lack an elevator. Some of the staff were rude and some were friendly. If you plan on just sleeping here then this would be an adequate place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Edgar A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed there with my wife on 12 and 13 September. We paid 60 Euros a night. There were 1 set of towels that was dirty, torn bed covers, and a shower that my wife was afraid to use. That is despite the room was paid for 2 people. The toilet was in the other side of the corridor BUT had no washing basin so no one could clean their hands leaving the toilets. That includes people going straight to the lobby and dining area, bringing all kind of filth and bacteria with them. We got a pillow out of the wardrobe and it had black stains of mould on it !!! It was disgusting !

The room was very noisy (Room 6) and the telephone on the wall was not working. We skipped breakfast (although paid for it) as we did not want to risk our health on a holiday.

It was NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE and I warn anyone reading this, to AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

The surprise was that we stayed in a 4* in Italy the next day that costed us (from a special offer of course) around 25 Euros a night, and with no comparison between the two places.

The photos I upload speak for themselves.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel land avoid similar ones in the area. Do not take rooms facing central street...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Vassilis-Manoussos
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and found the hotel more than acceptable for what you are paying. I was on a small vacation by myself and only wanted somewhere in Montmartre and reasonably priced as I would only be washing and sleeping there. The Montpelier was more than acceptable on both these counts, only 5 minutes walk from Sacre Couer and the cheapest I found in the area. The immediate environment is a busy shopping street, not high fashion though, but at night I felt completely safe walking in the area on my own. The only quibble was that the shared toilet door did not close correctly but this is only a small matter. Unlike other reviewers, I had no problem with the room or the cleanliness of the room or hotel, fresh sheets and towels every day and not a hole or dirty mark in sight. You get what you are prepared to pay for and this is a budget hotel so do not try to compare it the Hotel de Ville!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cathal C
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location and not a bad price, but it's fair to say we expected more than sheets with holes in, one plug socket in the room and no lift. Staff were mostly friendly, and the check in time up to 1am was helpful after our train was delayed. However, we didn't feel safe enough to leave anything valuable in the room, and having to drop the room key off at reception every time we went out and then pick it up again when we came in wasn't ideal either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AVLewis
Domfront, France
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for my son who was travelling from Thailand with his wife and three young sons. The room he was shown was not fit for purpose. No fire escape, beds up on a mezzaine so long drop for young boys. Room led straight into bathroom The hotel said they wouldnt charge but took money out on my credit card and would not refund although they said THEY WOULD NOT CHARGE. A horrible hotel in a dangerous area according to the taxi driver

Room Tip: I would not advise going to this hotel