“Best value hotel in Paris!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Montpellier

Hotel Montpellier
Ranked #1,488 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Hamilton Island, Australia
“Best value hotel in Paris!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff,always someone at reception to help. We were apprehensive about the hotel due to the reviews,however, we could not fault the hotel based on what you pay. Hotel was very clean,and our room was serviced everyday with new towels etc. better value than staying at a hostel!! Tube station right outside the door and location is brilliant!markets there on weekend which are good! Also free wifi which was very helpful! Overall great hotel and a brilliant stay!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lisaeadie22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hotel Montpellier in Paris is close to Anvers-station and Monmartre. That is probably the only positive thing to say about it. Now we stayed at the big family room which has an entresol build in with two beds on top and stairs. This room was big and good to be in when the kids where sleeping. They liked it because it was a "funny" room, it was very different from all the standard hotel rooms which are the same all over the world. Still, nothing was in the room, no tv, no fridge, no water cooker. It is not a very safe place with fire (hard to get out). The hotel is old and without any charm.The stairs are small, difficult to get luggage around. The hotel is well placed near Monmartre, and close to many restaurants, which makes it easy to eat different places close to the hotel, cheap, nice and good. The price (180 euros without breakfast, in November) too high. But families with a sense og humour who likes "something different" might consider the big five person family room.

Room Tip: Big, but very basic family room in Monmartre.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BernardusJ

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Please never go to this hotel... I think just by reading the other reviews, you'll understand... Fire trap, tight staircase, so if you are stuck in the 4th floor and their is a fire, forget it... You need to jump! Need to put this building down and rebuild it again! The toilet (i think as old as the building!) is at the end of the corridor... And i would never dare use the shower.... We remover the top sheet on our bed as it was dirty, the mattress was old, dirty and we had spring coming out of it! No joke! Glad i had a tetanus shot before my trip! The floor is all detached and it's dangerous to fall... I didn't look for bed bugs as i was afraid! Believe me, i would have change hotel, but it was fashion week in Paris, so forget it! I can't believe i paid 100euros for this place that i would not even leave my dog in! So, I am begging u, don't encourage this place! Sleep elsewhere, they need to do something and renovate!

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank isalarouche
Lima, Peru
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed with my mom and brother in 2 rooms quite small indeed, but we could not ask for more for the price. In my brother had just pipe and our shower drain. The water was in another room outside the room on each floor. The hotel was being painted. Two days beds not made because of the different receptionists English was very poor and do not understand. The worst was cleaning, but I tended bed or sweeping or vacuuming used. The location itself was very good, 3 blocks from the Sacre Coeur and facing a quiet street with bus stop and subway. I would stay in the area but not crazy at the same hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My son booked this hotel without realizing they had shared bathroom and shower, by the time I realized it was too late< everything we could afford was booked. We were on the third floor and had to walk up with our luggages up narrow steps. If you are looking for a place to lay your head, just bring some fabreeze as the room smelled like a mixture of cement and cigerettes. i was so afraid to even sit on the bed, but i got over it when I realized I had to get over it. However, there was an old metal chair and a sink. Floors were also under construction Certainly not my style. Guy at front desk was nice to us. I found a hotel on our last night not too far that had an elevator and they were nice enough to show us a room for 20 euros more called hotel ibis WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Really? all rooms are the same
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have pretty basic need when I am travelling alone. This hotel is in a good location, very close to Anvers station and walking to Sacre Coeur / Moulin Rouge. It is close to the red light district (Pigalle), but its actually pretty touristy area and I never felt unsafe. The hallway and stairs are very run down. Slight stale smell but there was some renovation work going on when I was there so it may be improving. The staff were fine, spoke good English and were available all the time. The room was clean and smelled of fresh paint. However, I had lots of bed bug bites after 2 nights, which is really annoying. After first night I had 2 bites and i thought they may be mosquitos, but when I got home further 8-12 bites showed up all over my unclothed limbs.

The shower on 2nd floor was fine. Good power and temperature control.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo