We stayed here for one night at the start and one at the end of our holiday, choosing Terminus Lyon for it's proximity to the train station and the OK reviews here. We had an early morning TGV out and a late night TGV into Gare de Lyon, so didn't want to face metro, taxi or a long walk. The hotel is indeed right in front of the train station.
For both stays we had quiet rooms at the back of the hotel, overlooking an internal courtyard. The rooms were clean, though on the second stay the room smelt strongly of cigarettes. The bed was comfy, with a bolster pillow... not to my tastes, but on the second trip I found of course there were normal pillows available in the wardrobe. The wifi (get password from front desk) was free, fast and was stable. The signal was strong enough even at the back of the top floor.
A mildly worrying thing, but which seems to be a fixture of all Parisian hotels I've stayed in: there were no obvious fire doors - the spiral staircase goes up five floors uninterupted. I could not see any fire alarm in the room.
The breakfast was just fine, served by a cheerful lady. Conveniently (for both trips) it started very early (5.30am I think) and ended very late (11am). Check-out is a very civilised noon. The reception lady was very helpful, welcoming and efficient.
I guess both the big plus and the minus to this hotel is the location: if you need somewhere to stay for a night or two and it is useful to be close to Gare de Lyon, then I 100% recommend this place. The train station is on your doorstep, there are acceptable restaurants right downstairs which claim to open 24 hours. Oh and search for "Promenade Plantee" on google - it's close by and good for a stroll.
However... if I was looking for a base for a holiday in Paris for several days, I personally wouldn't choose to be close to one of the big international railway stations. For the same price range, you'll find (slightly) bigger rooms with rather more charming local area elsewhere in Paris. This does the job though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business, fashion, gastronomy, entertainment… Located in front of the Gare de Lyon in Paris, between the Palais Omnisports of Bercy and the Place de la Bastille, the Hotel Terminus Lyon receives you for trips, week-ends and stays in Paris.Central location, comfortable and air-conditioned rooms, cozy atmosphere … The Hotel Terminus offers you high quality services : - conciergerie, dry cleaning …- 24 hours room service, breakfast- car rental, shows booking- free Wifi ...Practical information :The proximity of the very animated area of the Bastille, the Opéra Bastille, the area Bercy Village as well as the easy access to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Champs-Elysées, ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Terminus Lyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Logis Terminus Lyon Hotel Paris
- Terminus Lyon Logis De France