“Hidden Parisian gem... nowadays not that hidden”

Hotel France Albion
Ranked #227 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I actually stayed with this hotel back at the beginning of 2010 (think it was within the first days of February), but the website does not allow me to correctly indicate this. :) Anyways. I remember I just discovered it using hotelscombined.com (a website which is now much less inviting, messier and all in all more complicated/unattractive to use than back then... advancement of technology, eh). Even then, when prices were not astray like today - can you believe I paid for a single room here something like half/at most two-thirds the price present day and also 180 euro for the return Air France ticket, bought just a couple of weeks in advance (the three-day trip was on business purposes but entirely paid by myself)? -, Paris was, as it's been and ever going to be, an expensive destination (read with a lot of pricey, minuscule trash-holes ranked as local-atmosphere-unique-dwellings), so I was amazed to find something like this. Amazed and confused = a bit scared something was, in fact, terribly wrong (there were extremely few reviews of it at the time to use as a - relative - term of reference)... Well, it wasn't. Nothing was wrong. My single room (located at the second or third floor, can't say precisely right now) was pretty tiny, that's true (I spent so little time inside so it really didn't matter at all) - I mean it was an authentic 1-person one, not a single-use double -, but very, very clean, with a wardrobe and even a small desk, near the window. Same appreciation goes for the quite spacious bathroom... where I actually might have spent more of the time of my staying inside the hotel, except sleeping. :) Bed was comfortable, shower had good water pressure (two essential items to always check on, anywhere). Overall, at the time, it somehow reminded me of Ibis (a chain that I have only good memories of, both from several European countries and from Northern Africa), only maybe a bit smaller. I still remember the remarkable kindness of the hosts upon my arrival (granted, I had a letter and some other papers left at the reception by a higher-up in Paris... but I don't think this was the explanation), and also for the entire duration of my staying (t)here. I remember that the furniture and all other items did not have that dated, so instinctively unpleasant feel we all have experienced at least once... I also remember the heat inside the room = the hosts were not at all cheap, so it was more than enough - I had to open the windows several times. Note that it was winter. :) No snow, but just a couple of degrees above zero. The surroundings are great, at least to me. Especially in terms of real life scenery (though not extreme, as on Canal Saint Martin), of mundane (Carrefour) and exquisite food shopping (there is at least a charcuterie and special fromage shop right on the street, as you're going towards the metro station - I mean Notre Dame de Lorette, not Pigalle), also of restaurants/pubs, cultural and sightseeing hotspots/landmarks - some well known, some less known, just play the explorer. (I am the non-stop-walking kind of traveler, therefore besides the hours spent with business matters, I reached by foot a lot of usual & unusual destinations - I still recall a market that I loved, somewhere towards Gare de l'Est.) Surroundings are safe - or at least they were :) - even towards & around Pigalle. Even at 2 am. Right. Cannot tell anything about the breakfast, as I preferred to sleep later and eat outside. Bottom-line: if it was that nice three years and a half ago, when very, very few people knew about it, I can decently appreciate it's even better today. The hotel, that is. The rest have pretty much stayed the same. P.S.: On my more recent voyages to Paris, the hotel was always fully booked - the only reason I do not have fresher information (memories still are) to share.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DragosPlacinta
HOTELFRANCEALBION, Directeur général at Hotel France Albion, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Estimated Guest,
Thank you for all details of your Paris Travel. It is good to know that we make our job well and that you feel good in our "Small House".
Next time, don't hesitate to contact us by e mail to check availibility.
My best regards
Fabienne GROS

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a couple of night during our weekend in Paris. The hotel is really good the hotel staff are helpful and friendly. the rate is reasonable, the area is excellent , close to many important 'must visit spot' and just across the road... there is carefour.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ivone119
HOTELFRANCEALBION, Directeur général at Hotel France Albion, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment. See you next time!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Found this hotel based on most of the good reviews from tripadvisor. Travelled As a couple however when making the booking, the two single beds room is cheaper than a double bed so booked the cheaper version.
The room itself are big for most of the European country, our room has 2 French windows but better close them at all time as the traffics downstairs is a bit annoying. The reception speak very good English, and need to press the door bell if you come back to the hotel a bit later.
However, the bathroom needs some work as I can see water marks on the wall.

1  Thank GotMymail
HOTELFRANCEALBION, Directeur général at Hotel France Albion, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your comment. Next time, if you want, the twin bed could be done as Queen size bed. just ask for it.
Best Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice little hotel in a good location for exploring Paris. Very clean and staff very friendly. Double rooms were an ok size, shower was lovely but a little small. Our room was on the road which was quite noisy but we got used to that. We had an issue one night with the air conditioning unit making a constant noise all night so we advised reception in the morning. They were extremely apologetic, moved us to another room and called the air con company out immediately. Overall hotel was good, location was good and price was good!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Babybel10
HOTELFRANCEALBION, Directeur général at Hotel France Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Haooy to make your Parisian Stay as nice as possible!
See you next time!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel France Albion. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great for walking into town or to the Sacré Cœur just about a half hour walk up the charming streets of the Montmartre area. The metro station is just steps from the hotel which was great as well. The rooms were surprisingly roomy for Europe and very clean. We will stay there again on our return visit. I also liked the security of the hotel where there is a staff member at the front desk at all times and the door is locked after 9.30pm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 17Luv2trvl

Thank you for your comment!
Best Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just returned from a 5days holiday in Paris.
1. Room
We(my husband and I) booked a double room.
Our room was on the first floor(Room #10) and It's not that small than I had expected.
The room, bathroom and bed were spotlessly clean and air conditioning worked very well.
The only thing that bothering me was a noisy neighbour. At night, I could even hear what my neighbour talking on the phone with a laugh.

2. Staffs
They are very kind, friendly and always helpful. :)

3. Location
Location was perfect. There are 2 metro station near the hotel (St.george and Notre-dame de Lorette). It took only 3 minutes by walk (Notre-dame de Lorette). We used to walk from Opera and Lapayette metro station, and It's not that far. Moreover, there are quite a lot of shops everywhere.-Carrefour, restraurants, bakeries..etc.

4. Breakfast
There was a promotion for breakfast, so It was 9 euro per person. The restaurant is rather bit small but quite cute and cosy. The variaty of food was little bit limited but taste was quite good and good value for money.

We are very satisfided with this cute and charming hotel and I am sure that I will stay at this hotel the next time.

Room Tip: There is smoking area right beneath the room #10.
2  Thank BO YEOUN J

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment! I'm sorry for the noisy neightboors it is not easy for everybody to respect the others....
waiting for the pleasure to receive you next time!
Best regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

booked this hotel based on tripadvisors comments .... the positives , great location , good staff on the most part , lovely breakfast (which i happen to think at 9 euros is great value compared to the RIDICULOUS prices asked at various cafes .) But i have to say this hotel left me a wee bit disappointed on the whole . Dont think the neighbourhood is that great for food drink and basically things to do , rooms even the `superior` very average at best . Maybe it was just Paris which i happen to think is the most over rated , extorniately EXPENSIVE city in Europe.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELFRANCEALBION, Directeur général at Hotel France Albion, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
I'm very desappointed too by your comment! You said the hotel is good and you put only 3...
About the neighbourhood, you should know that our quarter is a residential quarter of Paris and August is THE HOLIDAY MONTH for french. Most of Parisians are in holiday so most of shops are closed in quarter like us. Of course all the touristic places are busy and open.
Maybe next time you better come in July or September. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.
Best regards