Hotel Bien-Etre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Ok so hotels in Paris are pricey - this hotel was cheaper than the average but did not expect it to be the disgusting hole that it is.

First things first, before I go into any details THIS IS NOT A HOTEL!!! It is more like a hostel.

The lobby is the size of an airplane bathroom - I am not exaggerating this. My wife and I could barely be in there together and of course our bags couldn't fit.

Full payment was required up front.

So I knew there was no lift and we had a room on the 5th floor. But these are no ordinary stairs - they are extremely narrow and it is a tight curved staircase. Carrying our bags were a nightmare - this took us about 30 min when we arrived. NO HELP, just a "good luck". These stairs in general were exhausting to walk up, we dreaded getting to our hotel because of the stairs - especially in the middle of summer.

The room size wasn't too bad, we may have gotten one of the best. There is no aircon, no where to put your clothes so you are forced to live out your bag and no safe. The mattress is a foam mattress which is obviously uncomfortable - we did atleast have a balcony room with a good view. The room, despite other reviews was cleanish - there was nothing dirty but the towels were old and tattered as well as the sheets so you did feel dirty using them.

The room and bathroom is very very old and "plasticky" - which makes it feel dirty. Especially the shower with those funky plastic sheets to close it.

Thankfully the location was good - directly opposite the metro.

The hotel as an overall was awful! Old, old, old, felt unsafe, had to carry all our belongings with us! It ruined our stay in Paris. If you can't afford the hotels in Paris don't settle on this hotel - rather don't go!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank RickyFerreira
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights. It is not as bad as what people said. The stairs were killing, because it was narrow and it goes spiral on. I felt dizzy after walking up two flights, but the room was not too small (we stayed in Room 9, a double room). The shower was small but acceptable for freshening up. We did not stay at the hotel that much, but the room was cleaned daily and the staff was helpful.

The location is definitely a big plus to this hotel. It is seriously just outside of metro station. And it is not that far away from Gare du Nord and Gare de l'est.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I can say when we first arrived we were pretty shock at the entrance and then we made our way up to the 4th floor in room 6. We had a great view. Felt the room was quite spacious but the bed is a little small than other hotels We have stayed in but we both managed easily. I called them out about handing back the key and when asking for it back they don't ask for any identification at all. They said "We are responsible for anything that could go wrong". Since we are safety conscious we just made sure we would know if anything had been touched. We took our passports etc with us. The staff were friendly and were helpful. As stated by other reviews you pay for what you get.

The bathroom has a good shower! And then there is a mirror with a sink. With lots of room.
I guess you get different spacings with different rooms.
I've found our room fine and it's location is perfect to Central Paris.
There is a supermarket just down the road and there is a range of fast food places about 3min walk away.

I don't think we would stay here again but for €160 for a couple for 3 nights it was perfectly fine keeping in mind we are young 21 & 20.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rigzdigz
Reviewed July 6, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER STAYED AT!!!!

I wish I read a review like this before staying and it would have saved me an AWFUL stay.

This hotel, is not a hotel. The lobby is a tight narrow space with a different guy each time that will expect you to leave your keys with them every time you leave the hotel. The lobby is the size of a washroom stall or an outhouse no joke. So when you come back you tell them room # and a new guy gives key, You can get the wrong key, and anyone can pretend they have your room and have access to it. The staff is rude, when my friend voiced a complaint, they yelled back. They are not accomodating at all!.

There are no amenities, like shampoo, wash , CLEAN towels, etc.

The hotel must be violating health and safety hazards. The stairs are narrow and dangerous and no elevetor or they will not help carrying stuff to your room. The room is not clean at all. Stained towels and carpets.

I would strongly recommend not leaving your luggage with them, as they just leave it at the end of the stairs by the door so all guests can get to it.

Arrived Happy and Healthy, Left SICK.

ALL NEGATIVES. If you value your money, sleep, cleanliness, time and customer service DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: If I could give zero stars I would.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank PastaPastaPasta
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wow this hotel was disgusting from the moment you see its shady blue sign outside what seems to be a skinny run down office, not even the size of a washroom that they call a Lobby. There is one guy in a tight corner where you check in. You are then to walk up 7 flights of stairs to get the room, ours was on the 6th floor. No elevator, no bell boy, You are expected to carry them all up the curvy narrow stairs of this creepy narrow place that they have the odacity to call a hotel. Completely misleading and false name. Unbelievable. After you walk up the stairs you enter a small box of a room, with the most disgusting bathroom. The tiniest sink ever made. You can try to brush your teeth there but to spit out you will miss the sink as its so small or you will hit your head on the wall as the mirror slants down toward your face giving you no room to get close to the sink - clearly not made for people. Airplane sinks are bigger. Also, one day we left the room after 11 and the receptionist was very rude saying we have to get out now or too bad your room will not be cleaned. Suprising that they even have a cleaner, but she comes up with a garbage bag holding what they call "clean towels" and she was horking and coughing the whole time, no wonder my boyfriend and I got sick after our first night there. We tried to leave early and come back late as it is not nice to spend time there. Nor do we want to waste time with those lengthly stairs. The bathroom is awful and we try to take the quickest shower and from the moment I was there was waiting to check out. We paid 168 CAD for this and it was a entire rip off complete waste of money and made our stay in Paris less enjoyable. If you can do better, you should. Only decent thing is that it is close to a subway station, Gare de Nord and has wifi. Will most definitely not return. This place should not even exist a bad excuse for a hotel and the name is complete sarcasm none of the words are true. not a hotel, not bien not bein-etre. Excuse dégoûtant pour un hôtel. Disgusting

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple