“Good value for money”

Best Western Sevres Montparnasse
Ranked #1,234 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Clean, friendly, the room was small but the bathroom brand new and comfortable. Quiet environment

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 9, 2010

My father has stayed at this hotel for about 10 years on a regular basis, and had wanted to spend his big birthday with us, his family, in Paris. On arrival, we were greeted by an unfriendly man in a dusty, dirty reception area, which the next morning also turned out to be the breakfast area. The place was hoaching with builders and as the lift wasn't working the owner suggested we left our luggage in the dirty hallway until someone brought it up later!!! He couldn't even be bothered to help us, although reception was not busy and it would have taken him 5 minutes. We carried our bags up ourselves. Rooms are fine and clean because recently refurbished but will look shabby within within a few months because the renovations are done on the cheap. The shower head is too close to the ceiling and causes a whistling sound because it touches the metal slats above. The light above the desk doesn't work because the bulbs for the lamps have been disconintued (!!). Even a brief shower will cause the entire bathroom to swim. The towels are pitiful and although I believe in reusing towels it was impossible to do so as these were threadbare. The rooms cost EUR130 now, however, you might be even more unlucky, because the owner is obviously trying to squeeze out the cost of the refurb and charged some poor woman EUR450 - and ALL the rooms are the same size!

The following day we went to breakfast which was the most unpleasant experience as we had a constant stream of builders walking straight through the breakfast room past us. UNBELIEVABLE! When my father complained about the fact that he hadn't been made aware of the building work before arriving at the hotel he was given a shrug and when insisting to speak to the owner after much to'ing and fro'ing got him on the 'phone. The owner had the gall to tell my father that he was a disagreeable man and started shouting at him. My father just said calmly that he needed to work out that the guests were not there to serve him but he should serve his guests, and to disregard customer loyalty in this manner was a disgrace to his industry. Eventually, the owner relented and we were given our breakfasts for that morning for nothing. My dad always liked the hotel for the previous owner's welcome more than the decor but the new owner has put an end to that! Btw, I think the previous reviewer was at a different hotel - there's NO free wifi!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
sevres, Manager at Best Western Sevres Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2010

Dear customers and partners
For your comfort, the Hotel Sevres Montparnasse has finished very important works of renovation , during a year , to get to the new level three-star standards
Air conditioning, new bedding, public areas, free Wi Fi access in rooms, insonorisation, were also realised.
We have also rebuilt to current standards and fully the safety, handicapped rooms, electricity, elevator, the renovation was conducted in a typical Parisian building.
With the help of a specialised architect , everything was done in a very nice way of always focusing quality materials.
We understand the disturb that was caused during the works, which were separated from clients areas, now ended and we apologize.
We invite our customers to discover our charming hotel located in a central, quiet, and touristic area
With our best Regards
Management

Reviewed August 15, 2010

For the rate, this is a great hotel..i booked this hotel for our group of 10 and everyone of us enjoyed our stay. Rooms were small but service was good, the room was cleaned daily. Air-conditioning was nice, location was perfect (hotel is located between two Metro Stops). There is a service elevator, tiny compared to regular lifts, but works perfectly. The only downside was the reception area (ground floor) since the hotel is under renovation. But our receptionists were very helpful and accommodating. Also a tasteful chinese restaurant is situated nearby. And yes we enjoyed the free wifi connection. I would recommend this hotel to travelers on a budget and for those who do want to compromise service and amenities.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Great location, small but very clean room, warm place to rest. If someone looks for some luxury rooms then I dont reccommend this, but if you need warm, clean place in great location with friendly stuff then this is very nice place. they have rooms in ground floor also but we have a room looking on small passage in the hotel and it was really quiet. Check this when you make a reservation.
Dont expect something great, but for us it was really nice place, and for that money we would come again. Thanks once more to very friendly stuff on the reception.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ghost13
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Okay, so I'm still at the hotel, I made reservations just because the online pictures looked nice enough, the taxi from the airport to here will cost you 50 euros, when you get here, the thing in front of the hotel is an old hospital, the entrance door is broken "fixed" with some tape, seriously, then you'll see front desk with a blanket as a curtain to separete front desk with a horrible resting area, they gave me the key to my room which was to a back exterior door and an outdoor hallway, the hallway was so small that even my luggage wouldn't fit, and I don't carry a big suitcase or anything, plus everything was filthy, filled with sand bags and repair stuff, the room was so small and had no windows, I'm with a friend and we had reservations for two beds, not a small one, so with a temper the manager gave us another room, you'd have to take the stairs which are old, dirty, broken, still very small, and jump through repair equipment and a horrible horrible smell everywhere, the new room has two beds, but it's so small that those two beds are together, old furniture, old sheets, old curtains, old bathroom, it's the end of the hallway so it's next to two other rooms and you'll hear everything, and I mean everything, if they breath you'll hear it, and when they open or close their doors it feels like they're trying to open yours, that's a scary feeling, our window view is to the back outdoor hallway from the first room, and it's just plain ugly... and this is type of hotel that you'll have to leave the bedroom key at front desk if you go out, and I really don't trust the hotel staff with my computer and other stuff. I've traveled all over Europe and stayed at lousy hotels, motels, and stuff, but I'm done with that hippie life, so we stayed this first night here, but today I'm changing to a much nicer hotel just a couple of blocks away, it's the Le Méridien Montparnasse, obviously it costs more, but it's worth it, already went there and just the lobby and staff are nice and can't wait to stay there.
so, to sum up', NO, don't stay at Sevrès Montparnasse.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank elerictronico
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Me and my girlfriend stayed here last week for two nights and it's only O.K, really. The location is really nice, close to Pasteur station, only about 5min travel per Metro to Tour de Eifel. We had a remarkable time in Paris and really loved everybit of it! For a budget breakaway this Hotel would be as I say.. O.K.. but not great! If I go again, a different place for sure. I work in a Hotel my self and, which I did not tell anyone, but I think being put in the wrong room is what put me off a bit.. and the fact that I know WHY we were in the wrong room is what maybe drops my value of experience here. We booked well in advance (3months), hence a better rate and good plannig, but then upon arrival we got two separate beds, in other words a TWIN room instead of a DOUBLE (one double bed). So why would such a thing happen? Because we booked in advance our rates were really nice and therefor they put someone else who payed more in the "correct room".. maybe not a big problem, but seeing that the beds are like Backpacker-beds I have stayed in Zimbabwe and Zambia, it was not so comfortable for me and my lady and in the end we ended up sleeping on our own beds.. not exactly the Paris experience us couples would like to have ;-)!
Anyway, I have travelled the world quite a bit and being a person who generally doesn't like to complain, we had a nice time and I think there is much worse that could happen, so, if planning on staying here, enjoy on own risk..
We LOVE Paris and next time stay in St. Christophers Backpackers, which is far more luxurious and traveller-friendly!!!

Safe travels guys!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

For 65 euros a night in the heart of Paris it wouldn't be reasonable to expect luxury. Even with few flaws (no AC, bed too soft) my rating for the Sevres Montparnasse is 5/5 because of the price, the great location and friendly serice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple