“1 Night in Paris”

Best Western Sevres Montparnasse
Ranked #1,208 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had a night in Paris prior to cacthing a flight home and had this hotel booked for me by our corporate travel manager. I was on the 4th floor, the rooms are small but well appointed and clean, I would say fairly newly renovated. I found the Manager to be most helpful on what to do for a late afternoon /evening and how best to get anywhere. He was more than helpful in arranging airport transport. English is both spoken and understood in this hotel and would stay again if only in Paris for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Darryl R

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very pleasant and clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Good location new Montparnasse and the Left Bank

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The day after checking-in I was informed by the Manager that our company's travel service, who he described repeatedly as 'incompetent', had entered two bookings for my stay (one for 2 nights, which was correct, and one for 1 night, which wasn't), and that I would have to pay for all 3 nights, even though my stay was for 2 nights.
I asked why I hadn't been told this at check-in and he stated it was too late by then and that the hotel had already booked me 2 rooms. I asked whether the hotel was absolutely full and whether he had lost business by this mistake, and he stated he had 'turned away bookings for that room'.
He was extremely unpleasant about our travel service, even though it turns out that the error was not made by them. Upon check-out I was charged for 2 nights only, and when I asked whether he had agreed with the travel service, etc. over the 3rd night, he stated no, 'I have the ability to auto-charge the credit card used to hold the booking' so that is what he had done.
Therefore, I was charged for 3 nights even though I only stayed 2, and he automatically charged my credit card for the disputed 3rd night. Utter madness.
The manager was extremely unpleasant with both me and our travel service on repeated occasions.
I would avoid or pay in cash!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon A
sevres, Gérant at Best Western Sevres Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear Mr , thank you for your advice. we are very sorry not to have satisfied your attempt. Your advice help us to ameliorate us. First, you did not speak with the Manager (myself), but the receptionnist present this day. I am sure that this man has not been insulting, on the contrary, he is extremely polite and professionnal.The mistake of your travel agency, reserving two reservations for only one person could be resolved if the problem would be taken in time. We have keeped your two rooms all the night, as we are engaged, instead of many demands, including a a demand of disabled person, who was really in hurry of finding a hotel for this same night. If we were informed, we could have satisfied everybody.Hoping to see you in our recently completely renoved hotel in a better occasion, we invite you to reserve in a low season period, when the rates and opportunities are better.
Cordially

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We booked the hotel for two nites through booking.com. The hotel was very easy to find, a two minute walk from the falgiuere metro stop. We arrived three hours before check in but received our key from a very friendly and welcoming Ray so we were delighted after such an early morning flight. The room was on the cosy side but immaculately clean with a big bed and tea and coffee making facilities and mini fridge.The ensuite was in the style of a spa with a lovely rain shower and heated towel rail. despite being beside a road it was not noisy. It's location meant that we were six or seven metro stops away from the various attractions dotted around Paris.
The area itself is pleasant and we felt very safe. Montparnasse tower is a short stroll away for magnificent views of the city.

The only downsides were the shower gels and coffees were not replaced on a daily basis and as the breakfast seemed a little steep at 7.50 for a continental and 14 for a hot buffet , we did not breakfast at the hotel.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as it was excellent value for money and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Loved the hotel, Great location with 2 Metro station nearby.
Friendly great staff - always willing to help and direct.
the room is small but enough for a couple. everything was new, great shower! And most important - great price for what we received.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Very nice hotel, clean, close to everything & the Metro, decent neighborhood. We would definately stay there again. We enjoyed that there were also little markets/restaurants in walking distance. Special thanks to the front desk gentleman, Ray. You were so helpful which made it easy for me to find my way back to the hotel. (smile) We appreciate that because we found that people were not very accomodating or helpful to english speaking Americans. Ray has all the answers. We have nothing negative to say. We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hotel is clean, staff helpful, rooms renovated, of course not very big but you can live with that. Getting reasonable quote for 4 nights directly at the page, value you are getting is appropriate. Just take ear plugs, because of close metro line is making some noise as windows are not soundproofed as you would expect, but other than that I have no objections. Location is great for approaching major attraction as there are all major metro lines close by.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple