Stayed here for 4 night for the Prix de L'arc de Triomphe race. This is our 5th time and we seem to be getting worse at choosing hotels instead of better. To be fair the prince Albert has a couple of things in its favour - the room was clean and we got fresh towels daily, the staff were very pleasant and the continental breakfast was ok and saved you 12/15 euros a day. But,the room itself was absoluely tiny,the wardrobe was a tiny cupboard and there were no drawers at all. There was nowhere to stack the cases except in front of the window where you tripped over them and there was only one electrical socket on the opposite side of the room from the mirror and table so you had to iron on the bed. The lighting was really dim and we looked out into a building across the alley. The lift was also tiny and in the morning when the maids were in the rooms they commandeered the lift so you had to use the stairs - we were on the 4th floor. The shower was really tiny & if the shower curtain was outside the really small shower tray you flooded the floor. Also if someone ran the washbasin tap when you were having a shower you got scalded.
The area it was in was really miles away from everywhere - the nearest metros were about 10 minutes walk and there were a couple of restaurants but none that we would recommend. This is only a 2 star hotel but was still £95.00 a night and really wasn't worth it. We found Paris was even more expensive this year - in one bar off the Champs Elysee a Jack Daniels & diet coke was 20 Euros, a total rip off. Taking into account the money we spent on taxis we could have stayed at the Concorder Lafayette for about £100 more than what we paid. It's not the worst place we have stayed but we would definitely not recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nice small and friendly hotel, completly renovated. You will enjoy confortable rooms in the heart of Paris ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Fastbooking so you can book your Hotel Prince Albert Wagram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Albert Wagram Paris
- Prince Albert Wagram Hotel