“Great location”

Ranked #384 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Amsterdam
“Great location”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Afterwards, I found out that during our stay it was Paris' Fashion Week. This explained -although a month in advance- the difficulty to book a room and the high prices. We always like to stay at Rive Gauche but all of the hotels we normally stay in were fully booked. Hotel Cluny Square is a average hotel at a super good location. The price/quality ratio I found a bit lost. By example: no possibility to leave the luggage secured after checkout, shower curtain was broken, toilet roll holder was hanging loose. etc. In itself not all serious business but for a nightly rate of EUR 290, - a little annoying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The location is awesome, gotta give them that. I have stayed a lot in Paris so am fully aware that everything is small but this place is tiny. Our room barely fit our bags. The bathroom was nicely done and quite efficient for its size.

What's kind of annoying is that the elevator doesn't go to the ground floor so you have to carry all your bags up to the lobby before transferring to an elevator. I was surprised to find that they didn't have anyone to help with the luggage and got a kind of dirty look for having so many bags. This next thing isn't necessarily their fault but the scaffolding on the exterior meant that we had workers at 7:30 am banging and walking in front of our window. I don't know but that seemed a bit early to start work on a hotel. We were beat and this was not a good way to wake up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
minneapolis
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The rooms were fine, modern, small but they had hardwoord floors which I liked. The building was under construction and covered in scaffolding. I am amazed we found it at all much less the front door. We arrived with two big heavy bags after a long day or travel. After finding the entrance, we were met face to face with a spiral staircase. No other options. It was bad enough that it was a staircase, but spiral? Getting my 55lb bag up that was NOT fun. I kind of took it as the middle finger to top the day off. Once you get to the 1st floor (what we in the U.S. would call 2nd floor) then you get the elevator. BUT I will say that it was a great location for just walking around and finding things to do/places to eat etc. Our room faced a McDonalds - which was a bit off putting but whatever. I would go back if I had half the luggage.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki Greece
Reviewed September 10, 2012

At my second night at the Cluny Square Hotel i was attacked by bugs ( "punaise" in French, κοριοί στα Ελληνικα ). I've started itching during the night and at about 04:00 i 've turned the lights on and discovered appr. 20 bugs on the sheets and pillows and another 100 or more of them between the wall and the bed. I asked the receptionist to visit our room to take a look. He did not have a another room available at this time so he called a taxi to transfer us to Hotel Dacia Luxemburg - a much lower quality hotel. We've slept there for appr. 3 hours and then return back to Cluny Square at 09:00. The reception gave us another room and later that day they have send us a champagne and a letter of regret. Unfortunately the champagne cannot heal my itch and my pimples or recover my bad mood. I've had an allergic reaction from the bugs stings and the pimples were multiplied - First night were on my neck and back and the day after on my hands and face, photos of them are attached. This is UNACCEPTABLE, especially for a hotel with this price level. Healthy issues are more essential than location and decoration. Hotel Cluny Square ruined my honeymoon and i give you my word for this : if this happens on a Greek hotel i would immediately call the police and press charges.

NO ONE WANTS ITCH AND PIMPLES ON HIS HONEYMOON.

So my recommendation is simple : STAY AWAY !!!

P.S. To whom it may concern : my email is gerebakanis@gmail.com, i'm at your disposal for further informations.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 406 !!!
10 Thank Gerebakanis
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. Service at reception was friendly and helpful. We didn't have the breakfast so not sure what that was like. The scaffolding around the hotel wasn't an issue. Access to Parisian attractions is great with the metro right on the doorstep and the hotel near the river..The entrance could be better signposted, maybe a non-slip mat in the shower (almost fell getting out) and a shower curtain would be useful. Access to this hotel might be a problem if you have a few bags or mobility issues as the lobby is on the first floor via a spiral staircase and there's no lift. Still, the the bedroom was comfy enough, and for the price is was a bargain. Would stay here again

2 Thank lchadwick82
California
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The main selling point of this hotel is that it is centrally located in walking distance to all of the great tourist spots and restaurants. My husband and I stayed in the "Suite Romance" room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The slanted ceilings minimized the actual walking space, so we had to crouch down to access some parts of the tiny room. The most off-putting part of this hotel was the woman who was working at the reception desk. She was extremely unhelpful, disinterested, and rude. For the price, I would expect better hospitality and a larger room.

4 Thank junebird
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Cluny Square for 3 nights in Sep 2011 and boy was I impressed! This hotel is boutique style with beautiful Parisian furnishings and is in one of the best locations in Paris. I can't recommend it highly enough. Great value for money, we booked through booking.com and only paid 116 euros a night! Thats a bargain for Paris.

Location
Located on the Boulevard Saint Michel just near Rue de la harpe and where all the tiny cobbled streets of the Latin Quarter are. One block from Notre Dame and the Seine River. About a 20min walk to The Louvre. There is also a Metro a few steps from the hotel. You couldnt ask for a better location. It was a little noisy at night, but once you closed the windows it was quiet. The Luxemburg Gardens are close by also. it is a safe area to walk around at night, we walked from the Champs-Elysee all the way back to the hotel, it took over an hour but we saw lots of the city at night when it is most beautiful.

Rooms
The rooms are small but this is typical for Paris, but they are beautifully decorated. The bathrooms are modern. We had a room at the front of the hotel that had a little balcony and a great view of the Eiffel Tower. This room was kindly given to us as an upgrade and we were so grateful to get it. Safe located in the room also.

Hotel Features
We had free Wifi which was great. Be aware that there is no lift from the ground floor to reception on the 1st floor, just a staircase. Lovely little lobby area with a computer and internet you can use. Lounges to sit at and a TV as well.

We didnt eat at the hotel, there were plenty of choices surrounding the hotel. There is also a bakery across the road for a cheap breakfast. You must wander down (along side the hotel) Rue de la Harpe where all the restaurants are. Just beautiful.

Staff
The staff were helpful with directions and maps and they also helped us with the computer. Spoke english also.

When i return to Paris i will definately stay here again, it was a delight!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower, the view is amazing.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple