“Excellent cost benefit.”

Ranked #95 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Belo horizonte
“Excellent cost benefit.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Hotel very well located, close to the metro. Multiple options of restaurants and supermarkets. The rooms are small but very comfortable and clean. Did not have breakfast, but the hotel offered espresso coffe and tea cups. So we bought bread at the corner and ate at the hotel. Cost benefit excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ana paula B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel is located in a quite street near the place de Clichy metro station. In the neighborhood there are a number of restaurants, bakeries, and supermarkets. We had a three-bed room and got a good night's sleep. We did not mind that the room was not large and the elevator was small. We liked the hotel very much because that we checked in at noon, the room was very clean, the wireless internet was fast and stable, the air conditioning was good, and the managers were polite, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelerUS1
Edinburgh
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the Montmartre area and is only a few minutes walk to the metro at Place de Clichy and to numerous bus stops and bus destinations. (You can use your metro tickets on the buses). There are numerous cafes and restaurants in the locality and a mini supermarket and a couple of boulangeries close by.

The hotel itself has been refurbished and is spotlessly clean, There was a TV in the room and good wifi connectivity. The room we had was smallish but not too bad by Paris standards, we found the decor and lighting rather clinical. There was a small desk area in the room and a wardrobe for hanging clothes. The wardrobe had a very high shelf, too high to be much use and inconveniently there no drawers of any description to store clothes in.

The hotel does not provide breakfasts but has a breakfast room and good free coffee and tea. What most folk seem to do is to walk over to one of the nearby boulangeries to buy croissants etc for breakfast and take them back to the hotel to eat in the breakfast room. This worked really well for us.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. On the day that we left we had a late departure and they were only too happy to store our suitcases for us until we collected them in the afternoon.

I do like sink plugs. The sink in our bathroom did not appear to be designed to take one. Doing everything under running water does seem a waste and it makes shaving fiddly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My trip is still ongoing here at the Hotel Darcet, but I wanted to write a review before I leave as I have been so pleased with my stay here. I will admit from the outset that I almost cancelled my booking a few times - not because I didn't feel that the hotel was going to be bad, but because I am travelling with my almost-70 year old mum and I thought it wouldn't be to her taste, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I requested an early check-in and whilst we had to wait for about 20 minutes for our room to be ready, in that time Ziane, the guy in reception, made us very welcome by making us a cup of tea, chatting about our journey to Paris and spending time with us and helping to circle the map to show us where all the attractions were. Nothing has been too much trouble for him since we arrived. The room was extremely clean, with the service staff being polite and helpful. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, especially for the price we paid for the room - it is also close to the metro and not too far from the Gare du Nord, should you be coming from the train station. If I come to Paris again, I would not hesitate to stay here (Room 10). There are also lots of amenities nearby, including the Restaurant Melrose (a recommendation from Ziane - but that is for another review).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Karen C
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

From the moment of room booking, this hotel and it's personnel made a very good impression. The hotel can be reached easily using the metro lines and heading to the Place de Clichy.

Our room was located at the second floor and was very clean and cosy. Sheets and towels was changed every day.

We highly recommend this hotel! Very friendly and helpful personnel, free wifi and good location makes it worth to stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mika H
England
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is located about a 5-10-minute walk from Moulin Rouge. There is a metro line about 3-4 minutes away. There is a supermarket with great selection just 2 minutes from the hotel. There are 2 bakeries within VERY close proximity. There are a number of cafes (there is also a Starbucks if you are an addict :)), etc. nearby. During the day the area is typical Parisian, however, in the evening you may want to note that all the sex shops are open and the area becomes a bit of a red-light disctrict. We didn't mind this at all, but if you are with children you may not find it ideal.
We came to Paris to go to the French Open (tennis) and were looking for a hotel that is not expensive but one that is clean and comfortable. This is exactly what we got.
When we arrived, seeing the reception I was a bit concerned- the reception area looks old and shabby. The staff are very casual, very friendly and helpful.
As I walked up the stairs (there is an elevator as well, I just like walking up staris), I got a bit more cencerned, as the straircase was a bit wonky (to be honest it's an old building, so I shouldn't expect anything else).
However, when I enetered our room, I was extremely presently surprised. The room is new, clean and fresh. It has a bed, two bedside shelves, a desk, a chair, a full-length mirror, a wardrobe and a TV; the floor is wooden- all matching in style and very pleasant. The bathroom has a shower, a toilet and a sink. Simple and this is all we needed. Everything was cleaned every day to the best standards, the bedsheets, towels, everything immaculate.
The room in true Parisian way is not big at all, but we found it comfortable, the bed was good to sleep in (it's a double bed, nit a queen, not a king, etc., just a plain double). Our room was non-smoking, so it didn't stink (like many other hotels). There is air conditioning in the room and a tiny safe (you cannot fit even a small laptop in it, but it's good for keys, passports, etc.)- the safe is free to use.
Our room looked over a a courtyard- not great views, but didn't bother us one bit. The room was bright with sunshine all day.
Although breakfast is not served in the hotel, there is free coffee (Nespresso) and tea in the breakfast area. There is a little kitchen in the hotel where there is a fridge that you can store your food in. We left our milk, etc. in there, and it was safe- nobody took it. There may be other things in the kitchen as well (I think there is a stove), but not sure.
You can borrow plug adaptors from the reception as well as iron (no ironing board!). The reception sells drinks.
Overall, our experience has been very good, cannot fault the hotel for anything- we would definitely return.

3 Thank Englandreviewer1111
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is hard to find value for money in Paris, everything is so expensive. This hotel is great, the rooms are small but spotlessly clean and functional, and recently renovated. The staff are friendly and there is a little kitchen to use and the communal room has free coffee and tea...which I might add is excellent quality. the hotel is in an excellent position, we walked everywhere in Paris, but the Place de Clichy metro is close as are many restaurants. not far from the beautiful Montmartre area.
Free wifi also.