See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and thought it was a fine hotel but probably shouldn’t get a 4 star classification. Although we had a smaller room it had a little hint of charm and had some big windows to open up to the street below. The staff seemed friendly. We choose not to partake in the €20 breakfast buffet and opted for a cafe.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip, an old hotel with a cool antique vintage lift.
A very comfortable hotel which is very near to the metro.
Appreciate the friendly staff for a comfortable stay.
Room service is quick and responsive.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2018

This hotel really is not 4 star or worth the money - money is better spent metro tickets to commute in. I was on a business trip so the location was great but the hotel poor. The aircons weren't working and I wasn't even offered complimentary water given the heat. I've stayed in lovely quaint Parisian hotels for half the price only a kilometer away in much better condition (also note - you need to use a hand shower). Everyone who was checking out ahead of me was complaining.
On the plus side, the staff were really lovely.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank AJS0808
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife & i just stayed 3nts at Amarante Beau Manoir( 6 Rue L’Arcade) in Paris. As their website says, room was styled like 18th century. Room was quite small and uncomfortable & cabinets old & squeaky.Elevator was not working. Carpets, in room or hallway were ripped and so worn out. Bathtub is high and hard to get in and out off.
Staff were courteous, though seems limited; although the manager was responsiveness to our air conditioning concern. We just never felt relaxed and comfortable in the room.

The positive: Location is great. 3 minute walk to Madeleine metro stop. As in London, Paris metro & bus system are well connected. 15 minute walk to Place de la Concorde. Champs Elysses in close by. Other attractions are just few metro stops away. As an fyi, some Paris metro stops have some steps to climb.Neighborhood is quiet & felt really safe.

Its easy to move around in the Paris Metro. I recommend the free app “ Paris Metro” which works offline. Just type in To & From location or attraction, it will show you the metro stops & map.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank louiebrilliantes
Reviewed June 3, 2018

We booked this hotel through the travel agency. When we got there, the weather was over 80 degree F. They gave us a street level room right next to the old noisy elevator, no air conditioning, smelled like mold, dust and dirt. It was a very dark room with no windows and some lights not working. There was NO air flow, except to keep a ground floor door open to the back side of the hotel. I am okay with the old furniture, but I could not stay with stains and the smell of mold and could not stay in a room that required us to keep an outside door open if we wanted some fresh air in 80 degree weather. I asked a manager to switch the room for us and we wanted air conditioning. The hotel manager said there is NO air conditioning and he gave us the luxury room, and no other rooms were available for us, so I should NOT complain. (Guess what the other rooms were like if that was a luxury room). That manager also told me that there is NO portable fan that we could use. He seemed to try very hard NOT to provide us with anything and had a very rude attitude. One of the staff did switch us to the 5th floor but the bathroom was tiny, and room was filthy ,dirty and smelly, but at least it had two windows. The edge of the hallway ceiling on the 5th floor had 2 inches of dust hanging down leading to the stairway. The hotel manager was a lair, rude, and had a very unprofessional manner. The next morning I asked one of the staff if they really do not have any fans, but she said they have a fan and she was glad to give us a fan to use. I am glad we stayed only two nights, but it was a nightmare. NOT recommend this hotel at all.

Room tip: Not recommend at all
Date of stay: May 2018