“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Basile

Hotel Basile
Ranked #665 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
sydney
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were small but newly refurbished with nice fittings for a three star hotel. Exceeded expectations. Location is good - under 5 min walk to Madeline subway station and a 30 min walk to the Louvre area. Decent sheets and towels. Staff are cordial enough though not too friendly. I guess that's normal for Paris!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jbgeraud, Directeur général at Hotel Basile, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for having shared your feedback with the community.

Jean-Baptiste

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I liked everyting. There was a good breakfast. The most important thing is location. The hotel is situated on a good place. At the end there is a good, helpful and honest service. They are very welcome for everyone. Rooms are very comfortable and cosy. It was very pleased to stay at this hotel and I recommend this hotel for everyone who travels for business or for cite sights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for these kind words, and very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Last year came here with a view to enjoying the vacation with couple of friends. One of our friends suggested this place and we decided to stay here during our France trip. The location of the hotel is perfect.

From the outside it is quite difficult to judge the beauty of this place. They have a an excellent way of welcoming the guest.

The rooms were well decorated before we arrived and it looked really clean and fresh. The bed sheets and pillows were cleaned recently and looked nice and hygienic.

The food quality is nice but they can take care more about the food quality but it's good.

We all enjoyed a lot though the place is small but great place to stay with friends and enjoy.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear John,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with the community.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my short stay in this hotel. I was only in Paris for one night, and was happy to stumble on this place. I debated where to stay in the city, unsure of what the convenient place would be and ultimately decided on the Opera area. This hotel is nestled on a side street a 3 min walk away from the Opera, is a very good location to catch several different metro and RER lines as well as walking distance from the Place de la Concorde.

The hotel itself is very stylish. I arrived much earlier than the check in time of 2.00 pm but my room was ready so I got to go right up! I was really happy about that, especially after my long flight.

My room was clean, there was tea and coffee service in the room as well as a minibar and safe. Free wifi, which was a great perk and helped me organize my itinerary. The shower was really nice and the toiletries priovided by the hotel were very floral and Parisian (it reminded me of L'Occitane!). The guy at the desk was very helpful and answered all of my questions. They also stored my luggage for me so I could enjoy the day in Paris before I caught my flight home.

The breakfast looked nice, but was too expensive for my taste at 15 Euro - I'd rather have a coffee and croissant someplace else.

Also a tip - the Roissybus is just a few blocks away and was a short direct route to CDG for 10 Euro. I would recommend this option if you are not arriving/departing at rush hour ( I left on a Sunday afternoon - it was 30 min to the airport) as then I didn't have to deal with my bags on the metro.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lesjorgie
Dear customer,

Thank for you sharing your feedback.
Early check-in is always something we do, for free, whenever possible. So I'm glad to read that you were able to check-in earlier than planned!

Taba, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hello, I liked hotel Basile with my family. Room was clean OK, with pretty furniture. I think manager told that the hotel was new, and I think it was. metro is everywhere, but hot, galerie lafayete was the best, suitccase in the plane was full of shopping...
I recommend, and I will come back in Paris soon

Room Tip: family rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mehdi A
Dear Mehdi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community, and greetings to our Egyptian friends!

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel which is in an excellent location.
However, I now feel sad that we weren't offered a free breakfast like reviewer Florenc G! This would have made a very positive difference to our stay as we found Paris and this location very expensive!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be very quiet. I think they are all very small but some are 'less small'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorthYorksguy
Dear sir,

Thank you for having shared your experience with us.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I arrived someone to check in, the person at the reception explained me everything. The room was really beautiful with the sky and the clouds, the breakfast was good, great choice of food and warm welcome of the waitress. I really recommend this hotel where people are friendly, extremely well located in the center of Paris for people who want to visit, and a perfect price for the quality!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jbgeraud, Directeur général at Hotel Basile, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Naouelle,

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at hotel Basile!

Jean-Baptiste Geraud