“Small luxury hotel...”
Review of Hotel Le A

Hotel Le A
Ranked #86 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Small excellent art hotel,very good position (very close to Champs Élysées),very kind,friendly and helpfull staff,small rooms but very nice,modern and clean,..a very good and lovely choice for a couple!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
ax1999, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Traveler,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Le A for your recent visit to Paris.
We highly appreciated your kind comments about our property and feel very happy that you really enjoyed your time with us.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le A

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Took a fancy to this hotel because I like small intimate hotels rather than faceless big ones. We had a suite of rooms, which was nice but in usual Paris standards, quite small. Sofa, chair, bed, nice bathroom, odd shower but hey, when in a foreign country you expect different. Te whole hotel has art everywhere and being an art lover, it was right up my street.......beautiful books which you can look at. Hotel is in a great location and walking distance to everywhere - which we duly did. The bed was comfy, hotel was clean and the staff were sooooo helpful, nothing too much trouble your needs were their command..........not the norm you expect from the French. Breakfast was very expensive, so we ate around the corner in a Patisserie with copious amounts of expresso on tap :0) Location and staff deffo made this stay a memorable one.........would recommend and would deffo use again.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a Junior suite otherwise you might find yourself i a broom cupboard as ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed for one night in a junior suite, which when compared to most other hotels is a double bedroom. It had a sofa and table facing the bed, it doesn't compare to all the other suites I've stayed in during my travels. The bathroom was nice and big, and the shower was ok. They have a very small shower head which doesn't compare to the big tropical showers in other hotels. It lacks power to make you feel refreshed.

Bed was comfy and the hotel was really quite which is good. There's some wacky lights that change colour in the lift, more tacky than luxury.

You can't argue with location, it's an amazing spot to be if you want to explore town.

Breakfast was appalling. Although the room is arranged nicely the service was one young girl who looked like she was covering for someone. No attention paid. At 23euros it is no where near worth it. The scrambled eggs were dried up in a heating tray and when we asked for smoked salmon and scrambled eggs she informed us their 4* hotel doesn't have any salmon.

Upon check out I left my key on the front desk and it was taken by the security man. The reception then told me I hadn't given it back. After a few seconds I told her I put it in front of her 2mins ago and just walked off.

Hotel doesn't compare to other 4star hotels. It's a great location, clean and modern but lacks all those things that make a hotel 4stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ax1999, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Traveler,
We also take good about your comment on our buffet breakfast and we will do our best to improve it.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Excellent boutique hotel. The personnel is very attentive and breakfast is delicious. The rooms are bigger than most European hotels. The views of the typical parisian rooftops from the room is like in the movies.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanoAtlanta

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I loved the Hotel Le A! First, the location is great, just a couple of minutes walk from the Champs Elysées and the tube station. Le A is a really quiet hotel, nice atmosphere and design.
The staff are really polite and attentive. Rooms are good sized, very clean and with all amenities.
There are loads of hotels in Paris, and just an handful are good as this one!! Will stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I can't recommend this place enough. Very well appointed with complimentary tea and snacks at the lobby that has a library filled with art, design and photography books to browse through. The room is ultra modern and really sizeable. It's set in a great location. Service was impeccable. Well worth the price!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent a night in Hotel Le A while on a business trip to Paris. The decor is very minimal [mainly white] - ideal for my tastes and the foyer includes a first rate library of artist related literature.

My room was very comfortable especially the bed although the room was quite small [OK for me as a lone traveller]. My room also faced the inner courtyard which was perfect for me as a light sleeper - no view [having said that what you could see was pleasantly kept and from memory included some artwork on the courtyard wall?], but much quieter in the evenings than streetside facing rooms are in Paris.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful - even ordering me a mototaxi for pickup later on in the day after my checkout/meetings. The staff all spoke very good English which was of great benefit to me as I have an embarrassingly small French vocabulary!

Location wise this hotel is ideal for all the main tourist sites being just off the Champs Elysees and very close to the Arc de Triomphe.

The only downside was the slightly high price as I have stayed in a similar quality/size boutique hotel one street away for 70 EURO less, with a larger room. Unfortunately my company will probably send me back there for the next trip due to the cheaper price so I am unlikley to see Hotel Le A again subject to room availability.

I didn't try the food or any mini-bar/extras.

Overall though - very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business