“no charges when cancelling after e-booking. Thks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Aurore

BEST WESTERN Aurore
Ranked #1,294 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
paris
“no charges when cancelling after e-booking. Thks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I booked via internet and had to cancel day after. The directir didn't charge the room thoug it costs her fees.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I received two confirmations for my reservation before I left for France. I received another one two days before I arrived at the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, they had no record of our reservation, even though I had the print out and the reservation number, sent from their hotel. They found us a room at another Best Western Hotel, four long blocks away. We had to haul our luggage there. That room was so small the door wouldn't open because the bed was in the way. We checked the Mercure at the Gare, and they had availability. So we left the hotel and stayed at the Mercure, which was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank bismallw

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Birmingham - England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

Oh dear, where do i start? we decided to stay here as it was near to the station as we was getting on a train to Nice the following morning. As we entered the hotel - the staff member explained that we had been specially selected to have a large family room - 'great' we thought! So, the entrace to the room was down a tiny corridor that was pitch black - the room was also dark red and blue with a distinct musty smell! The room was on the ground floor so we had all the passerby's looking into the window. Then, guess what? The room vibrated every minuite as we was ontop of a metro station!!!! We asked to see another room and the worker quite rudely said we could see another one - this one was certainly a single room pretending to be a double room - so had a double bed - i'd say the size of the room was probably no bigger than 9ft by 6ft! We prompty explained that we could not stay here and went onto find somewhere else - i've never ever done that - but what choice did we have? Best Western....you should be ashamed!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HayleyB25
Ferney-Voltaire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2008

I paid 125 euros for a small single room. For Paris that is a fair price. The room was perfectly comfortable, well soundproofed, and had the usual ammenities. Breakfast was excellent, with a wide selection of hot and cold foods including home-made French toast. The location was perfect for my needs, just across the street from the Gare de Lyon on a quiet side street. The staff were serviable.

• Liked — location, good breakfast
  • Disliked — small room (but that's Paris for you)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Phiby
Bologna
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

We spent there 6 nights for our summer holidays..we were two couples...the hotel is well connected to the centre thank to the great public transportationin Paris..the room was basic and the reception was there just to give the keys...nothing more...but it was a good starting point to visit the city and we paid a very low price (60€ per night)...no breakfast during our stay...(12 € each person each day) there's a very nice boulangerie just in front (closed on saturday and sundaY)
Don't konw if I will return there...

• Liked — The metro station was few steps away
  • Disliked — They didn't clean our room for 4 night (we stay 6)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

Myself and my husband and another couple stayed at this hotel last weekend. After reading the reviews I was worried to say the least! Thankfully our experience was excellent. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the rooms spotless and due to the hotel's location on a side street very quiet at night. It is a three minute walk to the Gare de Lyon so you can really get around very easily ,so for a short city break it is perfect. There are lots of bars and restaurants in the immediate area also if you dont want to venture out. The rooms are small but then all Parisian hotels are. The decor is a bit strange but other than that we had a great time and at a very reasonable cost.

• Liked — friendly staff, great location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2007

Because of the TGV strike going on in France I had to arrive in Paris a day early and booked the Aurora at the last minute because of its location across from the Gare de Lyon.

The evening staff was fairly friendly, but when I got up to the room I found it dirty and worn and the floorboards were sagging so badly I was afraid I would fall into the room below. The picture attached is actually flattering because in reality the dusty rose fabrics, green walls, blue carpet, and red curtains were a real assault on the eyes!

On checkout the staff was extremely rude to me and even told me not to "try to speak French if I didn't know how." (I'd been living in Europe for 3 months and my French isn't THAT bad!)

I stayed here out of necessity and even if I was in the same situation
again I would NOT choose this hotel. I'm sure there are far worse hotels in Paris, but unless you're desperate for a room and are only staying a night or two I would stay way from this location - You could
do much much better for the price.

• Liked — location near Gare de Lyon
  • Disliked — Rooms, Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo