“Fabulous hotel in Rue Cler area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Muguet

Hotel Muguet
Ranked #167 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fabulous hotel in Rue Cler area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2005

I visited Paris over Thanksgiving week and spent the entire time at the Hotel Muguet. The staff was lovely, the location was fantastic and near the Rue Cler area, without being surrounded by "Rick Steves" acolytes.

The single room is very small (I rolled over out the bed the first night), but very clean, with a nice, but small bath and excellent, thick towels. I received a surprise discount for staying 6 nights when I checked out.

When I return to Paris, I will definitely stay here again. No question.

• Stayed November 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2005

My husband and I spent 10 days in Paris for our honeymoon. My husband chose Le Muguet based on its location and the price. It was great to be located equidistant to two convenient Metro stops. We had a breathtaking view of the Eiffel Tower. Though the room was small, it was pleasant, and always kept very clean. IMHO, the bathroom was a very reasonable size. After all, this is Europe and when the building was originally built, they tried to be efficient with space being such a premium. Besides, space really shouldn't have mattered because after all, you're in Paris- so you aren't spending a lot of time in your hotel room anyways! We took advantage of the breakfast everyday and it was worth the $ spent. I looked forward to the fresh baguette and croissant every morning- they also had other items like cereal, madelines, hot chocolate, coffee, eggs, ham and cheese (yum)- I agree with another poster that you would not be able to get that much variety paying that price at an outside cafe. We loved the fact it was in such close walking distance to the Rue Cler area too. We were satistified with the customer service overall- I know as Americans we tend to think of the "friendly" go-out-of-your-way-to-impress idea as good customer service, but they were reasonably helpful for us. Granted, both my husband and I had familiarized ourselves enough with the city that we didn't have to ask basic "tourist" questions- Catherine (whom you can tell runs the hotel as the "mother hen") was able to still recommend a sports bar for my husband who was dying to watch a football game, and they were helpful to arrange a van shuttle to pick us up to go the airport. Overall, a very good choice for a good price.

17 Thank Betty_Baylor99
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2005

Just came back from a 5-night stay at Hotel Muguet and loved it. It's only a two-star hotel but my husband and I were just as pleased as the time we stayed at a 4-star hotel (Millenium Opera) 2 years ago. We actually said we preferred Hotel Muguet because of its location and proximity to Rue Cler.

The hotel is located on a quiet street with very little traffic/street noise at night. When we made our reservation via email about a month prior to the trip, we requested a non-smoking room with 2 twin beds and asked about a room with a view of the Eiffel tower. We were guranteed a non-smoking room with 2 twin beds but no view... So imagine my delight when I saw the Eiffel tower from our room window upon our arrival! I loved seeing the tower twinkle at night from our window.

We had room 51 (5th fl) which we were very happy with. The room was acutally a triple with the third twin bed in a separate sitting room-like space. Without that space, the room would have been cramped with our luggage, so we were grateful for the extra space. The best part of the room was the bathroom. It was spacious and immaculate with a nice bathtub. I enjoyed long baths to relax my tired muscles after walking around all day. The towels were big and soft and changed daily. The only caution is the European style hairdryer which looks like a box on the wall with a tube. It's fine for simply drying your hair but not good if you have to blowdry to style your hair. The tube is not long or flexible enough to direct the hot air where you need it.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel because there were so many other choices. We stopped at the boulangerie on Ave. de la Motte-Picquet on our way to metro Ecole Millitaire several times and also went to a crepe stand on Rue Cler for delicious and big savory crepes.

Overall, the hotel is very clean and professionally run, and its location is ideal. It's a great bargain for what you get. I would definitely return!

21 Thank dlqsox
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Muguet over the holidays and we thought it was just wonderful! The hotel was quaint and charming and in a very safe and nice neighborhood. Close to a metro stop and to Rue Cler, a local street market where we had breakfast each morning. The rooms and hotel were IMMACULATELY clean. The bathrooms were larger than most in Europe and the towels (changed daily) were larger than I expected. There was even a European hairdryer in the bathroom. I couldn't have been more pleased and thought that it was a great value! Would definitely return.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2005

My wife and I just returned from 12 days in France, 4 of which were spent in Paris at Hotel Muguet. Catherine, the owner, and her staff could not have been more pleasant. The lobby and room were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bedroom windows on the fourth floor were very sound proof, and the location is very quiet. There were occassional loud trucks or scooters going by, but never very late at night.

The location is fantastic - across the street from Rue Cler with tons of shops, and we could see the tip top of the Eiffel Tower from our room. The bathroom was especially clean, with great towels. The shower is small, so be prepared.

The staff was helpful with directions and subway instructions, and there is internet access available for 2 euro per hour. Note that there is a trick to turning on the TV - you have to hit channel up, not the power button, to get it to go on.

Sheets and blankets and pillows were all very comfortable, and the dimly lit hallways have lights that automatically turn on when you enter the hall.

If I ever get back to Paris, I'd definitely stay here again with hesitation.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2005

This is one of the best hotels, for the money, that I have stayed in. The location was fantastic with wonderful cafes around every corner. Yet it was very quiet due to its residential street placement.

The rooms are very taseful, and the bathrooms are fantastic...I would compare them to W hotel bathrooms. Wonderful towels, very clean, great showers.

Everyone at the hotel was very helpful. We didn't eat at the hotel, finding better bargins away from there, but i'm sure it's convenient. We found out, as we were leaving, that they have coffee available all day along with ice and a soda machine.

Satillite television in the room with CNN and BBC World News, along with Spanish, Italian, German and French channels.

I can't think of a better place for the money in Paris, or a better area for that matter. It's within walking distance to almost everywhere, but very close to the Eiffle Tower and Invalides.

• Stayed January 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
30 Thank cnote1500
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2004

I searched the internet to find the best place to stay in the 7th arrondissmont and was not dissapointed by the Hotel Muguet. If you want gigantic bathrooms and tons of fluff go to the 4 and 5 star hotels. If you want personnalized service, clean beautifully appointed rooms and bathrooms and stay in the best part of Paris stay here. Seeing the Tour Eiffel and the Invalid every night as we walked back to the hotel and cruising Rue Cler for great food and atmosphere it couldn't have been better.

• Stayed December 2004