“Another great stay in Paris”
Review of Hotel Muguet

Hotel Muguet
Ranked #174 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Two friends, my wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights before driving down to Chalon-Sur-Soane for a river cruise. It was excellent. The staff was wonderful, with the exception of the gentleman who was at the desk often. When we first arrived he gave us a very brief explanation on where to park. Also, we were there on Easter weekend and were trying to get information on places that were open. He repeatedly told us to check the internet. On our last morning, we had our rental car towed (remember he didn't give us much information on parking). If you are driving be aware of the areas on the street poorly marked in yellow with the word "Livraison;" this is a tow away zone. Luckily, that morning Charline was at the desk. She was wonderful! She went right to work, tracked down the lot where the car was taken (there are many in Paris), called us a taxi, and gave the taxi driver precise direction where to take us. We made it to the lot, paid our 134 Euros, and the A6 was right there so we didn't have to drive through Paris traffic. Charline was so helpful she turned what could have been a nightmare into a great story. How many folks can say that they had their car towed in Paris? The buffet breakfast was superb. The hotel is ideally located. We walked to the Eiffel Tower, to Napoleon’s Tomb, to Champs-Elysees, to the Louvre. The famous Rue Cler is nearby and also a market for that bottle of wine and cheese. We took the bus from there to Mont Martre and the subway to Notre Dame and Versailles. We loved it. We would definitely stay here again. C'est si bon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Jaglaw06,

thank you very much for your comment.

I am so glad you made it safe to the lot and so sorry that your car was taken away :-(
The parisian police doesn't do any exception even for our nice tourists.
Anyway I am happy that you didn't keep a bad memory of this story and at least you have lived like a real parisian for few minutes!

I hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards.

Charline Pelletier.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our first trip to Paris and we were celebrating a very special Anniversary. We had room 52 with an Eiffel Tower view. We had breakfast in the small dining room and enjoyed talking to other travelers. I know people on the post complained of the price but we enjoyed the convenience. The bath was spotless and the people on the desk were polite and helpful. Great location we walked to Invalides, the Rodin, Effile Tower and Rue Cler.

Room Tip: Loved the view of Effile Tower
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear amd2632,

thank you for your comment.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Paris with us.
I hope you'll have other special occasion to come and visit us because we will be very pleased to welcome you again.

Best regards.

Charline Pelletier

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was a welcome respite from the crowded tourist areas and we enjoyed interacting with locals. The staff was very helpful and as others have said you are near the metro and buses that will take you all over the city. The Eiffel tower was in walking distance, about 20 minutes away and Rue Cler was just a few blocks away. There are also many good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the Eiffel tower which was beautiful but required climbing up steep cir...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viajara821
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my first time to Paris and I was the artist / organizer for a painting group visiting France. It was important to me to find a place that would be exceptional for my students and close to sites that we would be visiting. The staff at the Hotel Muguet made our stay perfect. They were very courteous and helpful. It was a 5 min walk to the Rue Cler Market, 15 min. walk to the Eiffel, the d'Orsay, and about 35 min to the Louvre. Pont Alexander III and several other prominent sites were also easily accessible as were restaurants and shopping.

An added bonus was being given the 6th floor suite as the tour organizer with sitting area, a huge bathtub and with a view of the Eiffel Tower! Absolutely beautiful! To see photos of the room go to http://www.facebook.com/PaintFrance .

Nikki Jacquin
Artist / Arts Instructor
www.nikkisportraits.com

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My sister and I spent 5 nights at the Hotel Muguet in Paris in May 2013. This was our second time staying at this hotel and we have always had a great experience. The hotel is very clean and the persons at the front desk were helpful and most professional. We were given a very large twin bedded room and had plenty of room for our clothing and luggage. The bathroom was very nice and very clean.
The location is terrific. Easy walk to the metro and rue Cler and also to some great restaurants. It is a very safe area to walk in, even at night. It is a quiet area.
In the four years, since my last stay here, it has only gotten better. I would recommend the Hotel Muguet to anyone going to Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked the Hotel Muguet based both on reviews here and because it is one of Rick Steves' recommendations. Overall, we thought it was great for our three-night stay, and we really felt like we were in a cute, typical Parisian hotel - one we were glad to return to each night after traipsing across the city all day in the rain. The location is great, in a quiet residential location and near two Metro stops, but I think a lot of hotels in Paris are in perfect little neighborhoods. One definite negative - the WiFi was horrible in our room, and kept dropping repeatedly, and I would probably deduct a quarter star for that if I could.

We were in Room 23, which was right next to the hotel's exterior sign on Rue Chevert. I joked that we would be kept awake by flickering and humming neon all night, but we didn't even notice if the sign was lit. The street was totally quiet, we had what I consider to be a very classic and pleasant view of the apartment buildings opposite us, and we could open the window.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are a bit small - it's often easier to climb over the beds than to try and walk around one another if someone is at the desk/mirror. However, there were two armoires, one of which had a safe. Our room was a twin, although the beds were just a few inches apart. There is a clock radio with iPod dock (old style connector) on the desk, which made it easy to quickly see the time when waking up. At least one reviewer complained that the only electrical socket in the room was in use by the clock. However, our room had a socket and a little shelf on the headboard for each bed - very convenient.

It's true that the hair dryer is in the desk drawer. That worked out better for the two of us, as one person could be using the hairdryer and/or mirror in the room while the other person used the bathroom. The bathroom had a pocket door, and a shower with a rain showerhead which produced plenty of pressure and plenty of hot water. It also had a heated towel rack, which was nice in the unseasonably cold May.

We didn't really think that the desk staff was as friendly and outgoing as we had been expecting based on other reviews, but we didn't interact with them very much, either. They were all very efficient, though, and I certainly wouldn't say that they were rude. On the morning we were leaving, we had some difficulties at the laundry down the street, and they had no problem at all when I asked if we could check out 30 minutes late. The one gentleman whom I assume is Georges did live up to our expectations, though, as he exuded charm and graciousness the few time we spoke with him. Returning one evening and catching him outside on a cigarette break, I apologized as he rushed in to get behind the desk. "No, no, no," he said. "I am not here for the smoke!"

The Muguet was all that we hoped for when planning our trip, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others, for either a short or a long stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to visit Paris 14 or 15 times and I must say that this is probably the most enjoyable hotel I have stayed in. I will absolutely come back. Just returned today after 5 very enjoyable days in Paris. The location is great. The rooms and bathroom facilities were spotless and compared to other places in the same category, plenty big. As so many others have stated, the staff is most helpful. While they were all great, Yuri was especially helpful and answered every question we had...even our dumb ones.

I took a group of six on this trip and they all enjoyed the place very much. Convenient to the Invalides and Eiffel Tower which are short walks, Metro Line 8 puts the rest of the city within minutes. Breakfast is convenient if a bit pricey. Lots of good restaurants in the Rue Cler area as well.

I heard about this place from The Catholic Traveler in Atlanta, checked out Rick Steves' comments but only made my choice after reviewing the Trip Advisor ratings. The reviewers got it right and I would recommend this hotel to anyone headed to Paris.

Room Tip: I had a single room in the courtyard and it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends