“Made our first trip to Paris so special!”
Review of Hotel Muguet

Hotel Muguet
Ranked #168 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. This may be the hotel I would recommend to everyone that visits this amazing city. The best thing for my husband and me was the cleanliness and the comfortable bed and pillows. We don't sleep well in hotels, and this was a home away from home. We stayed in room 19 on the first floor. It was so quiet and hard to not sleep our morning away! The bathroom had a shower and was spotless! Even the towels smelled good. The location and price are ideal. If the price was like other costly hotels, we would not have been able to stay here, but Hotel Muguet was affordable. I hope to come back with my two kids some time soon, and we will visit this wonderful hotel again. ( I really did want to sneek a peak at the rooms with views.)

Room Tip: Room 19 did not have view, but it was quiet and the bed was HUGE. It was a close walk down the stai...

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Hotel Muguet was a great place to stay for my fiancee and I in our first stay in Paris.
The location is very good - it's near two tube stations and within walking distance of Invalides (down the street) and Eiffel Tower (10 minute walk?). The area seemed quite safe - we walked back from the Eiffel Tower around midnight one night and felt fine - and there are nice restaurants and patisseries down the street (we found some great places by just exploring).
The staff were kind and helpful. They spoke English, but my fiancee spoke French so we didn't need it. They warmly welcomed us, gave us a map, and helped us find a restaurant for our first night out.
The room was nicely decorated and comfortable, and the size was good considering what I had heard about hotel rooms in Paris. Enough room to walk around and a nice cabinet. Extra blankets if we got cold, a towel heater, and a comfortable bed. The shower/bathroom was small but good enough for our needs.
The staff also nicely accommodated our request for a quiet room on a higher floor. We appreciated that.
The hotel has an elevator, but it's quite small (sign says 3 people max), so keep that in mind if you or a member of your party is disabled. Hallways have stairs on the level, so even if you can find the wheelchair in the elevator, you'd have to navigate stairs to get to some of the rooms.
Our only complaint was that we weren't allowed to eat nor drink in the room. I didn't expect this at a 100+euro/night hotel, but I can understand their desire for cleanliness. It's our only complaint, and it's a small one.
Breakfast was (I think) 14 euro/person, so we opted out and decided to explore and find a nice place. There are many places nearby that are great.

Room Tip: We had room 059, which is on the fifth (top) floor. It was nice a quiet, but the view was only of a...
2  Thank WalterND
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Price is reasonable.
Hotel is clean, well lit and incredibly quiet.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are spacious, particularly for Paris.
Neighborhood is quiet.
Excellent restaurants near by (including the amazing Le Florimond)
Proper shower with plenty of water pressure.
Near a Metro stop (Ecole Militaire)
Near the Rue Cler, a great place to get breakfast.
Good security.

2  Thank ReynoldsFam
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is a beuatiful oasis in a busy city. Close to metro and the Eifflel Tower, but on a quiet side street. Typical of smaller Parisian Hotels, it feels more like a "bed and breakfast" with persnal service and attention to detail. Our room was large by "European" standards with a well appointed bathroom. From our room facing the street we could see the Eifel Tower which is within walking distance. Several good restaurants are close also and the rest of the city is only a short walk to a metro away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mrhap1001
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you very much to have written such a nice review.
I hope to welcome you again soon.

Charline

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We are usually passing through Paris but needed to stay 5 days so we were looking for all our usual comforts at a good price and this hotel delivered. It is in a convenient position, metro close by and a lot of attractions within walking distance, There is plenty of good cafe / restaurants near. Laundromat at the end of the street.We had a triple room and the configuration of the room was perfect for 3. The rooms are peaceful so long as your neighbouring guests are considerate as with most places. The staff are helpful and great with different languages, Free Wifi in your room and internet downstairs.I would rate this as one of the best value hotels in Paris.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Amanda C
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your very nice comment.
I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I really hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Muguet several times 20 years ago and returned on this occasion with my young Australian niece and nephew. I find it the perfect reasonably priced Paris hotel. It gives one everything one wants: an excellent bed, good lighting, a first-rate shower, and peace and quiet. It is well-situated in the 7th Arrondissement near the Eiffel Tower and the Invalides; as well as the sights and the convenience to other places it is near a first rate market (Rue Cler) and several good restaurants. I found the staff immensely helpful in a quiet, low-key way. I booked on line and considered our nights there to represent very good value. I cannot speak for the breakfasts which we did not sample.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank helenmeixner

Dear Guests,

I am very happy to read that you had a nice stay with us and I want to thank you for your nice review.
I hope to welcome you again at Hotel Muguet.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at hotel Muguet December 2011 and was very pleased with my choice.I had been to Paris twice the previous year and like to choose a different hotel each time I visited Paris so I could experience different Districts.This time I decided I would stay at the same hotel as last December 2011.,,,,Hotel Muguet.My only request was to be given a quiet room,,I was spending three nights in Paris,,knew I wouldn't be spending any time during the day in it ,,just returning to sleep!They gave me a room on the top floor facing the back{The rooms facing the street I'd imagine are quiet too as its a very quiet street to walk in at night,,little if no traffic} ,,I was single but the room I was given was one with a double bed,,,, room was fine spacewise for me,,it was warm but by turning the knob on top of the radiator I could adjust the heat ,,TV had CNN if you want to catch up on news.I had breakfast each morning ,,plenty of choice they'll do you a ham/cheese omlette if requested,, you can have freshly squeezed orangejuice too by popping oranges down into the juicermachine,,a nice addition as this wasn't available when I visited in 2011,,I really was full after the breakfast and ready for a full day of sightseeing./walking.Location is a huge attraction for me,,metres away from the Golden Dome of Hotel Des Invalides,,,Eiffel Tower comes into view a few minutes walk out of the hotel too,,it felt very safe at night walking back to the hotel around midnight,,its about 15/20 minuteswalk from the Champs De Elysee,,even less if you dont get distracted by all the famous landmarks all lit up at night.I gota good nights sleep here everynight is important for me as I was out all day.For me it was great that the quality and service was as good as my last visit,,the staff were helpful and pleasant,,I'm glad I decided to return to this hotel.,it was a good decision and made for another enjoyable stay in fantastic Paris!If coming from Charles De Gaulle airport by train/Metro get off at the La Tour Maubourg stop ,,it only a few minutes walk to the hotel ,,with the Golden dome of Hotel Des Invalides becoming visible to your left,,Rue Chevert is on your right hand side coming from the metro,,Hotel Muguet is just down this street.

Room Tip: I found that a room on the fifth floor at the back oif the hotel was very quiet on the two occasions...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank irishjohnod
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you so much for your review.

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you'll be able to come back soon.