“Great way to see The Louvre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of THATLou, Treasure Hunt at the Louvre

THATLou, Treasure Hunt at the Louvre
Ranked #18 of 151 Fun & Games in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: THATLou runs themed Treasure Hunts at the Louvre (what it stands for) & is part of THATMuse (other museums: Musee d’Orsay, British Museum & the Streets of Paris, THATRue). Our themed hunts give you an overview, whilst keeping you focused & injecting fun in your museum visit. Both educational & adrenalin-pumping, our goal is to make you want to see more of the museum after the hunt. No knowledge of art prior is necessary
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to see The Louvre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

THATLou came highly recommended and didn't disappoint! Daisy has clearly put a lot of thought and effort into her hunts, to make them both fun and informative. We did the Death hunt, which took us to some of the Louvre's treasures, most of which we'd never have found if left to our own devices. It was a great way to see a wide range of the art in the Louvre. The way the hunt is structured strikes a good balance between getting you to lots of art, but also making sure you spend enough time with each piece to learn about it and appreciate it.

There was a nice build up to the event as well. Daisy sent us links to some of her blog posts relevant to our hunt in the day before. It was an excellent way to start the learning, get us into the mind-set and raise the anticipation for the hunt itself.

I highly recommend THATlou. I'll definitely try one of their other hunts next time I'm in Paris!

2 Thank EMK3012

• Polish first
Portland, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A fun few hours in the Louvre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and participated in this scavenger hunt during our first visit to the Louvre. The museum is so massive and THATLou allows you to focus on some of the incredible art housed in the Louvre without getting too overwhelmed by the size of the museum. We had so much fun taking pictures at the various art pieces and were able to tackle a pretty good portion of the museum in three hours. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the Louvre in a educational and fun way.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Amy C
Paris, France
“Learn and have fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I rediscovered the Louvre thanks to the treasure hunt. You (re)discover, learn and have fun at the same time. You can choose different themes for the hunt, ours took us through the amazing isIamic wing of the museum. I did the treasure hunt with colleagues for a team building exercise. Everybody enjoyed it. A big thank you to Daisy who organized everything for us.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great hunting at the Louvre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We went on a THATLou treasure hunt for my birthday recently and it was a great evening's entertainment. It's very well put together by Daisy, who has an extensive knowledge of both Paris and the Louvre. The next time I'm in Paris, I will definitely book another hunt and bring more friends along.

1 Thank E M
Bend, Oregon
“Definitely the best way to experience The Louvre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Thanks to THATLou we had a great time at The Louvre. I've been there twice before and this was a much better experience because of the hunt. My 14 year old son and I went about the musuem searching the clues for pieces of art. THATLou provided a detailed description and story of each piece so when we found one we took the time to read about it more so than we would have otherwise. Highly recommend it for all ages.

Visited January 2014