“Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shetland Isles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The food is at a very high standard and a reasonable price. This bistro may our trip very memorable.

Visited September 2012

San Francisco, California
“Charming atmosphere, Delicious food, Generous Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I used to come here often when I was studying abroad in Paris. They were always gentle with me regarding my French and generous with their food-they used to give my friend and I free glasses of champagne when we came in (my first glass of champagne was there! ahh memories...) They have a very reasonable prix fixe menu, usually with an appetizer and an entree, or an entree and desert or for a bit more, all three. It's a small, local place and they take the food seriously. I so loved coming here and always appreciated the warmth and generosity of the place.

• Visited October 2011
Pasadena, California
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family and I recently visited Paris and stayed close to this restaurant. It was late one night and we hadn't eaten after being so busy sightseeing. We were referred there by our hotel and dined late (10pm).

Although the restaurant was empty, I can't figure out why! Maybe it was because of the lateness of the hour because it damn sure wasn't because of the service or the food. It was nice though because we had the staff including the chef to our self and it made for a wonderfully intimate meal. The server (forgot his name!) was very attentive even taking down and bringing over the chalkboard menus to us. We ordered the traditional Beef Bourguignon followed by a ridiculously fresh Passion Fruit Creme Brulee. Both were quite simply OUTSTANDING! The beef was well flavored, tender and accompanied with deliciously fluffy mashed potatoes and of course crusty bread. Perfect. I was dubious about the passion fruit creme brulee, but the flavor was delicate and perfect.

The chef came out to chat with us while we ate and of course we lauded him with praise. Even though it was late, our server was energetic and wonderfully animated. He even tsked and lovingly chastised my mom after she had not yet eaten her wonderful, fluffy and whole wheat Madeline that accompanied her Creme Brulee.

The decor was a mixture between elegant, trendy and shabby chic (I'm reminded of the old fashion hutch that was used for dishes), but was overall gorgeous. This was one of the highlights of our trip.

The only issue we had was when it came time for payment we had a moment of panic...this restaurant only had the Chip and Pin capability. We wanted to use our debit/credit card but was unable to because they did not have the swipe capability. Of course both of the ATM's on the street were inoperable at that time. We were saved by the fact that one of our dining companions had enough cash Euros to take care of the whole bill!

Simply wonderful!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank kamelinaa
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Excellent New Years Eve meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

Located on a corner in the more northern subarbs. This small bistro and bar is so typically french. Just what a tourist visiting Paris looks for!
We visited on New Years Eve, didnt book but did arrive quite early (7pm). Good job as seemed to get very busy an hour or so later.
A very warm welcome by the waiter, brought menu's, water and bread straight away. Wide selection of drinks and cocktails. I sampled quite a few of the cocktails - they were excellent!
Service was very fast and food was served with a smile....
Food wise: - The famous, Escargot (snails in garlic) to start and my partner had the chicken liver parfait. Both really nice.
Main course i had fresh salmon with french onion sauce, served with boiled rice. Salmon was excellent and the sauce was to die for - Yum! This was a special on a board. Would of liked a choice what it was served with really as not a big fan of fish and rice together. But was still very good. My partner had duck Conflict, which he said was really good too although slightly dry.
Too full to eat a desert.... But had room for another cocktail, ha ha.
Very reasonably priced, bill come to 67 Euro for the two of us including service charge.

• Visited December 2010