Hotel Nicolo
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Maison FL(Paris)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsceiling fanrue de passypassy metro stationeiffel towercroissantspassy areagreat shoppingexcellent small hotellovely courtyardfresh fruitresidential neighborhoodcomfy bedquiet hotelbreakfast was deliciousparisian hotelside streetrecommend hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Overall, my stay at Hotel Nicolo was great. One of the receptionists was very rude to be honest, but the rest of the staff made up for her. I hurt my foot very badly the first night in Paris, and the staff called a doctor for me in the (early!!) morning when I woke up in pain, and was very kind to me in my distress.

The breakfast is really wonderful - croissants, baugettes, yogurt, lots of different fruit, other pastries, eggs, etc. More than enough to fill you up for a day of sightseeing (or lazing about in a cafe sipping wine!) in Paris. They do not have many tables for breakfast though, so I would try to beat the rush by coming down early! But it's nice to sit with a fellow traveler and have a nice chat too, sometimes!

The rooms are beautifully decorated, and the beds very comfortable. The rooms are very small though, so keep this in mind. My bathroom was tiny, but I didn't care so much. I never woke up because of any noise, but I am a very heavy sleeper. I especially loved the small garden in the courtyard. It is also in a great area - a grocery store is just down the road, along with an ATM and a pharmacy. I would recommend this hotel to nearly anyone. And you might have a view of the Eiffel tower from your room! All for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank seam_by_seam
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This little hotel is in a very nice location, about 5 - 7 minutes walk from the Eiffel Tower. Rooms are furnished well and very clean stay. However, hotel is noisy and we woke up several times at night when people are talking in the courtyard, on the phone in front reception or when people checked in and moved their luggage around. Breakfast is a very good continental breakfast and more than enough for the start of the day, however they have 5 tables in the eating area to service all the rooms (approx 40 - if I'm not mistaken). Definitely not enough for people to enjoy breakfast. We had to wait every morning for someone else to rush to finish their breakfast and the staff at front reception were not helpful to make arrangements to eat somewhere else. Not a bad hotel, but I will research other options next time.

Room Tip: Preferable not rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jntz
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Small boutique hotel in great area of Paris, nice shops and restaurants around and handy for the centre.

Staff are rude and off-hand especially at the breakfast service.

Expensive for the service provided.

Room Tip: Take the only suite
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peterah
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I have visited Paris many times but this was our first stay in the 16th. The Nicolo is located in the very pleasant neighborhood of Passy, convenient to the Muette metro stop and excellent grocery shopping near the corner of Rue Nicolo and Rue de la Pompe. Hotel personnel are friendly and efficient, breakfast was excellent and very pleasant. The small garden is a lovely spot to sit and relax. Small room and very small bathroom but perfectly adequate and very clean.....we shall definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim J
Reviewed September 9, 2011

nice and small - almost a botique hotel near Trocadero. From 5th floor room we had view of top of Eifel Tower. Room very nice with lots of pictures and a good clean bed. Very nice breakfast witch can be enjoyed in the garden if weather permits. Friendly staff that speaks foreign languages which is and add on for a french hotel ;-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple