“The staff set it apart from the rest”
Review of La Cooperative

La Cooperative
Ranked #2,596 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place in a really handy location offers a pretty typical menu for the area. The prices are touristy (so expensive) but they are everywhere between Concorde and Notre Dame. What made this place cool was the staff. Really friendly and upbeat even on a cold winter day. We popped in for a hot chocolate and coffee and stayed for pancakes and onion soup. If you are in the area and need to narrow down the choice give this place a try.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We sat in the closed garden and had a nice lunch - the quiche and the salad were great and the glass of red wine was the perfect match. Normal pricing. We paid around 50€ for 2 people.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Another little gem we came across while in Paris, I thoroughly recommend going to La Cooperative when visiting the Louvre or in the area. In the cold November air, the vin chaud was exactly what I needed to warm up (served with orange and optional cinnamon/sugar), although the interior was very cosy with a homely feel. My partner and I both opted for baguettes, which were very good (but also huge - you won't be needing fries or any other extras). The service was good and the staff were attentive until it came to paying - we were waiting 20 minutes! Can see why it's such a popular cafe though and the kind of place you could go to, time and time again, and still not get bored!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had an early meal here before heading to the Louvre which is open later Wednesdays. We decided on a few beers and the meat and cheese tasting plate. It was sensational. Now I love a good antipasto plate and this was up there with the best I've had. Highly recommend. Although if you are panning on eating mains afterwards you might be a bit full. Definitely check it out.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Turned up, sat at a table (no one else was outside) - man came out saying "non, non, non!" wagging his finger at us and pointing at another table (we were well dressed, so no reason for him to think we were not worthy of his establishment). I appreciate some tables may have been reserved, and that he may have thought we were tourists, but there was not even a pleasant attempt to move us in French before his outburst. I supposed he could have had a bad day.

Frankly, if it was not for the fact that I was busting for the loo we would have just walked elsewhere - but a good lavatory in Paris is hard to find.

Anyway, one outrageously priced coffee (each) later - along with a wholesome visit to their conveniences - and we decided this was not an establishment we would be returning to anytime soon.

3  Thank DavidNewman69