For our first anniversary, we wanted to visit Paris for the first time. I scoured websites looking for the perfect place and this seemed to be it. Expensive but not astronomical, and with a majority of good reviews.
Well, certain aspects were fantastic. We stayed in a superior room on the top floor, and it was great. Big. Plush. Comfortable bed and the world's best pillows (and lots of them). Amazing bathroom with jacuzzi for two and Hermes bath products. Perfect location about 3 minutes walk from the Champs Elysees.
However, the service was abyssmal. No-one was rude, as others have suggested, but they were certainly indifferent. We had quite a few problems:
We spent our first day of the weekend travelling and then sightseeing, so were exhausted. We planned on having room service from their quite good menu, but were told it was not available. No explanation or apology.
So we thought we'd save our hunger for the buffet breakfast. Only to arrive to find it wasn't on that weekend. No apology.
The TV only went up to channel 9, although their guide said the English speaking channels were 11 and 12. I asked for someone to look into this. No-one did.
The only coffee in the room was 2 euros, and was filter coffee designed for their fancy coffee machine. When we made it, it was cold, and we couldn't figure out how to make it hot. I asked for instructions or a demonstration, but nothing was done.
The central air heating did not work. (There were wall oil heaters which did half the job though).
Our wine glasses were taken from our room after we used them, and clean ones not given back. Took a fair while for them to deliver new ones after we requested them.
Overall, they are all small complaints, but the general impression was that they didn't care. The hotel did not seem at all busy, so I think they were just indifferent. This is a great hotel, but you would have to be very insistent with any problems for you to have a perfect time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Hôtel Champs Élysées Plaza is an exclusive Haussmannian-style mansion located in the Champs-Élysées district. Most of the rooms feature a spa bath and a marble fireplaceThe spacious guest rooms feature high ceilings and stylish furnishings. Each soundproofed room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, a Nespresso coffee machine and a CD player. The private bathrooms have an art-deco design.The Hôtel Champs Élysées Plaza features a spa Sothys with sauna and hamman, as well as a fitness centre. Guests can use the hotel’s library, and free Wi-Fi access is available.The restaurant "Le Keller" at Champs Élysées Plaza is elegantly decorated with a chandelier and has a skylight, where a buffet breakfast is served every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Champs Elysees Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champs Elysees Plaza Paris
- Hotel Champs Elysees Plaza