“Unforgettably special!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Dodin

Le Dodin
Ranked #8,813 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Rome, Italy
“Unforgettably special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have visited Le Dodin twice while visiting Paris and BOTH times I was delighted. The chef is inventive and generous with even the most decadent ingredients. This is a restaurant whose charm is doubled for me by the fact that it is run by a husband and wife who handle every aspect of the restaurant themselves. We sometimes had to wait for our next dish- but the wait was worth it! On my second trip to Le Dodin I had a dessert, that life changing dessert that could not be done justice with my description but one that I will NEVER forget. This is a special place, take your time and savor every bite!

• Visited April 2013

Belgium
“Not good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Don't confuse it with the old "Dodin Bouffant" because it is not "bouffant"! Food is average if not bad, service even worse and slow!
There are so many other places to go in Paris, just don't waste your time there!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeanadam
New Jersey
“Food was great, Service slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived at Le Dodin at 7:30 pm and were the first guests of the evening in the restaurant. There was one server taking care of our table. As the restaurant filled up between 7:30 and 10:00, there was only the same one server attempting to take care of ALL the tables in the restaurant. The more tables she covered, the slower service became. I felt sorry for her because she was really running. Anyway, I don't know if this was one bad night when another employee did not come in for work, but service was very slow compared with all the other restaurants of similar quality we visited in Paris. Food quality was very good to excellent, but the slow service dampened our evening. (We are a family of four with two young adult children who enjoy and appreciate good quality food.)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“C'est si bon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had read several other Tripadvisor reviews before coming to Paris and it sounded like a good place for a reasonably priced upscale meal. Remember, this is Paris where you can easily spend 200€ per person on a fine meal.

Le Dodin has a Menu du Marché prixe fixe at 35€. By the time we had the meal, wine, café, and a degestif, the evening's bill came to a little over 130€. For the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere, I consider that a bargain.

We met chef Mark Singer in the morning (May 31, 2013) when we popped in to make a reservation for that evening. He happily took our reservation himself. I'd dare say not many chefs of his caliber would do so. The meal was exquisite. We had the Tartine de fougasse et légumes grillés as entrées; for the plat principal a Souris d'agneau braisées à l'estragon (braised lamb) and a Filets de turbotin (halibut), sauce arachide; and for dessert a Contraste de chocolats "Grand Cru" (chocolate and white chocolate mousse) and a Moelleux de mascarpone, rhubarbe et fraises (a pudding like mascarpone with strawberries and rhubarb). Add 2 cafés and a Armagnac to round out the meal.

At 7:15, we were the very first customers. Chef Singer said the place is jumping by 10:00, so plan accordingly. We had an afternoon ballet, so an early meal was perfect. The Parisians often eat late by U.S. standards, often after concerts, etc. Le Dodin is tiny - only about 18 or so tables - and it seems to be making a name for itself, so reservations are a must.

Chef Mark Singer came out and chatted with us - and with all the other guests - for maybe five minutes. A very nice touch. As he's American and his English still sounds it, he could chat us up about home. I gather it was his wife who served us, and impeccably so, I might add. Her English was vastly superior to our French. She made us feel quite welcome. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

There are certainly more expensive restaurants, and some more trendy, but for an overall dining experience it would be hard to top Le Dodin. We will definitely return when we are next in Paris.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GregPauline S
New York
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

MY wife and I just finished a great meal at Le Dodin, and met the Chef Mark Singer. It was a holiday (VE day) so even though we had a reservation, it wasn't needed. I had the beef (a piece of filet) in black peper sauce, and my wife had the duck with grapefruit relish.

I asked for the beef to be medium rare, and should have asked for rare. My experience here in paris is rare is more raw than I'm used to, but this was a US medium rare which is more well done than I usually eat. It was still very good, with some mashed potatoes, and a piece of bone with the marrow (which was really good).

My wife's duck was equally good, skin crisp and well prepared.

An easy recommendation.