“great food and great ambiance”
Review of La Grande Ourse

La Grande Ourse
Reserve with
La Grande Ourse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #925 of 17,161 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Ness Ziona, Israel
“great food and great ambiance”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

great restaurant with delicious food and a great ambiance. A perfect place for couples or small groups.

• Visited November 2013

Paris, France
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We live locally and on the day we ate there, the restaurant was quiet. The chef gave us a warm welcome and explained the dishes with great passion. The food was truly excellent – we haven’t eaten such delicious food for a long time – true right through the meal from starter to dessert. We allowed ourselves to be guided in our choice of wine and the advice was perfect. You can feel that everything is cooked to give you pleasure and that is not just a question of business. We cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited November 2013
Voss
“Great service and food!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visiting this restaurant was a joy from beginning to end. Faboulous food from a chef who cares, and also talks to at the end of the meal. The waiter we had (his wife) was just so eager to please that we were overwhelmed. When I had ordered a oyster tartare for starter and didn't like it, she was all beside herself of apologies. And really, I had ordered something I didn't like! The food was perfect, my wife loved the tartare, it just didn't go well with me. On the main course, my wife and me did two choices; she went with how she wanted the meat done, I went with how the chef wanted the meat done (particularly after being told that he thinks there is only one right way to make a good breast of duck). My wife was a tiny bit disappointed, but she got exactlt what she asked for. I got the best duck breast of my life! Am I going back on my next visit in Paris? OH YES!

• Visited September 2013
UK
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Would never have found this place if we hadn't seen it on Tripadvisor & booked ahead. It's in an odd sort of place and doesn't look much when you get there but both the service and the food were absolutely first class. This was their last night before closing for 3 weeks for the summer holidays (until around 20th August) so we were lucky not to miss the opportunity to eat here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kobi54
Waterford, Ireland
“Awesome find”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nearby to our hotel, I sought out this restaurant because of it's raving reviews on Trip Advisor. I called to make a reservation as per the previous review and then headed down for 8pm.

We were greeted by the hostess who was speaks perfect English and was happy to accomodate us tourists. She lead us to our table and took the time to translate the menu for us.
We were situated in a smaller room which consisted of around four tables due the the rest of the restaurant being booked previously, however this was very cosy and we were checked on constantly.
For starters I had large prawns in a granny smith apple marmalade which was a simply devine mixture of tastes. For the main, I opted for the steak, medium rare. This is without a doubt, the best steak that I have ever had. It was a large piece of prime beef cooked to absolute perfection. The flavour was just amazing.
My partner went for the lamb which he thoroughly enjoyed, however he was tad disappointed at the portion which consisted of 2 small pieces of lamb on the bone and a few green beans.

The desert was beautiful in presentation and taste. It was a strawberry and cream dish with a crispy top with a dash of sauce.

Then there was the wine, the glorious chardonnay.

The meal came to around 90 euro with the wine and a couple of cokes and was worth every penny.
If you're visiting Paris, you simply must visit this restaurant, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013