“A wondeful hotel”

Ranked #42 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
County Antrim
“A wondeful hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Having been to Paris many times, we have always been somewhat disappointed in the hotels. That is not the case with the Luxembourg Parc. As we were going over the New Year period, I wanted to be sure that our reservation was made correctly so I called and booked on the phone. Xavier was very helpful and took the booking was effieciency and a welcoming style.
We arrived late that night and were immediately greeted by name. We were then informed that our room had been overbooked but that they were upgrading us to the suite! As we were staying 4 nights this was perfect for us. The room was more than spacious. Even for US sized rooms let alone compared to Parisian hotels.
Everything was thought of..from the blackout curtains, to the Nespreso machine, to the complimentary water. My husband rates hotels on if they have hooks in the room to hang a towel or a jacket and this one passed with flying colours.
The location of the hotel is perfect for us. Directly across from the Luxembourg Gardens and just a 5 minute walk to th Boul Mich and the Sorbonne or 3 minutes to the St. Germain Des Pres.
The Hotel has Wifi throughout, a lovely small bar, and is very quiet.
It is in our opinion the perfect hotel in Paris and we loo forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Tarap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
New York
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Just returned from one week in Paris at this hotel with our children ages 11 through 20. My wife and I have been in Paris 6 to 8 times previously and have always stayed in hotels that have been very nice. The Hotel Luxembourg Parc, however, is really the best we have experienced. The appointments are charming and lovely, the location is outstanding, the rooms are of a nice size and remarkably comfortable and the service is extraordinarily professional and the most helpful one could imagine. All in all we feel that the value of this hotel is the best of any we have experienced in Paris and would not consider staying anywhere else for future visits.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank coopersouthsalem
Toledo Ohio
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This is one of the very best boutique hotels in Paris. The staff is excellent, always jumping to help you, very knowledgeable about the area and sights and restaurants. The rooms are a little larger than typical Paris. We contacted them in advance and they made restaurant reservations (good choices - they know the places to go) and we were made to feel very welcome when we walked in the door. The only possible downside is the breakfast - the breakfast staff person when we were there was hard to find, we were only able to get one serving of coffee and juice, and the choices were limited. But this did not take away from the overall experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelerONE2468
Stockton, California
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for a few days in October. We stayed here based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. We also stayed at the Hotel Ares since the Parc was not available for our entire stay in Paris. My wife and I both agreed that the Ares was a much better small hotel.

Our room at the Luxembourg Parc was the terrace room. The terrace was great. When in the room we used it, since the room was very small. The bedding and furniture were a bit dated. Our biggest problem was that a very nice sweater that I purchased for the trip was stolen from the room. I am normally hesitant to accuse someone of stealing, and prefer to chalk it up to my losing an item; on this particular situation, I knew exactly where I had placed my sweater before I had left my room. When we returned it was gone. As for the staff, they are incredibly nice and helpful as advertised on Tripadvisor. In fact, of the 7 or 8 hotels we stayed in France on this trip, the Parc front desk staff were by far the best. At night, you must walk a ways to find a restaurant.

The Hotel Ares has rooms that are updated with very nice bedding. The room was about 150 Euros less but with no balcony. The shower is probably the best I have ever had. It it amazing. We stayed in the Ares on two separate occasions on this trip and both rooms were great. The Ares is in a great neighborhood with two metro stations very close by and excellent neighborhoods that stay open and busy late. There is a great bakery and "supermarket' nearby. Also, FatTire Bike Tours is about 200 yards nearby. The Fat Tire bike tours are wonderful and can be done by almost anyone.

I rate both hotels four out of five stars ( even with the sweater stolen, since I know that could happen anyhwere) but if you want to save money, have a nicer bed and bathroom, and plan on just using your room to rest, I would choose the Ares over the Luxembourg Parc.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank MandoMan
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the hotel Luxembourg Parc. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived and were greeted by Xavier.

The hotel is on the edge of the Luxembourg Parc in the St Germain district of Paris which is very quaint and away form the main hussle and bussle of Paris. However, it is only about a 10-15 minute walk to Notre-Dame. There are loads of wonderful restaurants nearby, try Maison du Jardin (only a 2 minute walk from the hotel).

The Hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The best bit were the staff, they were all very helpful and friendly. Xavier could not do enough for us, he recommeneded places to visit and restaurants to eat at (all were brilliant).

We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark17
California
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We were only in Paris overnight and did not have much of an opportunity to spend time at this hotel, because we were out site seeing and then out for dinner. We can say this:

They could not have been more hospitable. We asked them by email a month ahead of our stay to make a reservation at the restaurant we wanted to visit (Josephine Chez Dumoney) and they did so immediately and confirmed it for us. The front desk ladies were very nice and spoke English well (one in a british accent). They front desk ladies called taxies for us several times with no problems. Our room (#17), which overlooked the Jardin de Luxembourg was plenty spacious, spotless and had an updated bathroom. Oh, and they gave us a nice bull dog figurine as momento of our visit.

So here's another vote to consider the Hotel Luxembourg Parc for your stay in Paris. We wish we had more time, including to hang out at the bar and get to know the folks there a little better.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelsaurus
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Imagine coming back after a long day of site-seeing and being welcomed by a burning wood fire in a cozy living room and free wine tasting! I can't say enough about my stay at this wonderful small luxury hotel. The staff was extremely helpful with everything... and they all spoke English. The location was great, next to the Luxembourg park -very quiet at night. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The hotel was decorated beautifully with french antiques and exposed wood beaming. I would recommend taking a boat cruise on the seine -we did the one without dinner and it was great! Also, I recommend the Rodin Museum-it was spectacular -as well as the Louvre! My favorite dinner was just down the street from the hotel at La Maison Du Jardin- go there! For a fun night of live jazz music, go to Caveau de la Huchette -top notch jazz in a cellar surrounding. Enjoy Paris , it is like no other city -and I know your heart will flutter when you see the Eiffel Tower sparking in the night sky!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple