“great location, nice budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Saint Pierre

Hotel Saint Pierre
Ranked #1,148 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul, Turkey
“great location, nice budget hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very nice location, on a quite street at the edge of Latin Quartier and Saint Germain. Notre-Dame, Luxembourg gardens, Pantheon, d'Orsay and Louvre can be reached by walk. The room is comfortable though a little bit small. The only problem is the froasted glass door of the bathroom. There are many nice places around for breakfast (especially around Odeon metro stop)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Siggiewi, Malta
Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you want a central, well-priced and well-connected hotel in Paris with free wi-fi then look no further.

The best thing about it is that it is served extremely well by public trasport and it is just one short train ride away from both Charles de Gaulle airport and Orly airport since it is within walking distance from the Notre-Dame Saint Michel train station, from which all the attractions situated on Rive Gauche can be reached in minutes. Besides it is also about 4 minutes on foot from Odeon Metro stop which is also extremely convenient.

It is also a stone's thrown away from St.Germain Boulevard and also just off Boulevard Saint Michel which are two very busy and pleasant Boulevards, and right in the Latin Quarter and a pleasant 10 minutes walk from Ile de France (where Notre Dame is situated).

Our room was quite small but, then again, it was big enough by Parisian standards and any other European capital really. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable - the pillows could have been more comfortable but nothing to ruin a good night's sleep. The room itself was furnished comfortably and had in-room temperature control which is crucial for a comfortable night's sleep.

Finally, but certainly not least, this hotel has excellent free wifi which has become sine qua non for a pleasant hotel stay.

I will certainly stay in this hotel again next time I'm in Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rothenburg, Germany
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great hotel in the very centre of Paris! It is very affordable for such an expensive city.
The hotel is clean and neat. I had a lovely balcony in my room.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Saint Pierre (Paris) for 3 nights from 25th May to 28th May 2012. When I wake up in the morning after the first night, I had some red spots on my hand and arm. At that time I did not pay much attention to them, I thought that they can be just mosquito bites or something that I eat the previous night caused allergy and my skin got spotted. After the 2nd and 3rd night, the number of the red spots increased and when I got back to my country I realized that these spots covered all my body. As I had limited time while I was leaving the hotel, I did not have chance to explain this situation to the hotel reception and I was not aware that the situation is that much serious.

When I got back home, I checked the web and discovered that this case was actually a bedbug. All the symptoms was similar to the ones' described there. And I also remember myself seeing the similar bug at the hotel room. All my body was beaten by this bedbug (I only have 60 bites just on my right arm). It has been 5 days and I have not recovered yet. I wonder when I will get rid of these red spots and itches. Another thing that I want to mention is that; I sent a mail to the hotel several times and they still did not get back to me.

If you are not a big bedbug fan :), do not stay at this hotel.

Below is some detailed information on bedbugs:

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank okan753

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Arkansas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Location, Location, Location in addition to very affordable prices with a touch of class in decor!
This small boutique hotel has all the necessarry amenties.....air conditioning, private bath, and an elevator.

While the rooms are small, they are immaculate and nicely decorated. The beds are comfortable as well. The bathroom shower is extremely small which could be difficult for a large person. But the overall hotel is very good. Good lighting and mirrors.

The location is minutes away from the Odeon Metro and it is right in middle of the Latin Quarters. Great and safe location. Wonderful restaurants.....The Pallidor(famous restaurant showcased in Midnight in Paris) is approximately one block away. Everything you need is at your fingertips in this location......ATM, grocery store and the train station is walking distance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank travelbugqueen
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived there they told us they had no idea about the booking. We showed them the mail of the confirmation and they said they had not received anything, so we did not know what to do. The web mail we had used to do the booking is a very known mail and we had never had any problem wiith it, so I imagine it was The hotel's fault.They said the only room they had for that night was a room with no wc (we had booked for a room WITH WC), and we had to pay just 7 eur less than for the other one. The day after they changed us the suitcases for a room with wc...
ALthough the view was nice and the decoration quite beautiful, the room was really small, just as the bathroom. And it was quite dirty. We found the sink with teethbrush and some hairs...incredible!
I have to say that there were other two receptionists the following day were very kind.
To sum up, the only advantage was the situation, in the heart of Paris. But it is not a cheap hotel as to be dirty .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MARTA m
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel has tiny rooms and even more tiny bath room. The shower cabin is that small that "bigger" persons will have problems to close the door. The matress was ok and semi hard. Only the bed cover looked a bit dirty.
The best is the location a it is close (500 meter) to the next metro station and one of the places you go for dinner.
Notre Dame is only 700 meters away.
A small breakfast is offered for aditional 7€. Staff is English speeking and you can grab a map at the reception for free. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012