“Great little hotel in Latin Quarter”
Review of Hotel Saint Pierre

Hotel Saint Pierre
Ranked #1,159 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Meridian, Idaho
“Great little hotel in Latin Quarter”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Rooms are small but very comfortable, a good nights sleep. Great central location, great community. Staff speak English and helpful. BOULANGERIE next door, Starbucks within a block. Free WIFI... Yes, we will be back..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kholland98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Alberta
Reviewed July 24, 2011

First off ... I found Paris to be the MOST expensive place we travelled to in Europe and, yes, we did the major cities. That being said though, while this place was still a bit pricey vs what you get, it is still a value for Paris.

When we arrived we were directed to a room on the very top floor. My husband and I carried our bags up five flights of stairs, down a small hallway, and entered a room. It was obvious this room was under renovations ... so that was our first glitch. We picked up our bags, carried them down the windy staircase again and tried to inform the attendant that this could not be our room as it was clearly under renovations. He seemed confused - apparently that room was slotted as" complete". He found us another room (thank goodness), which was on the fourth floor. So, we picked up our bags again and hiked up the stairs (Yes, there is an elevator but you'd be lucky if one person and a bag could fit in there). The room was very tiny, the bathroom was tinier, but after a very long day of travel, we were thankful to have anything. The elevator was right outside our room and was old and noisy, and the walls are paper-thin ... so bring earplugs if you want a good night's rest. But I found a quaint charm in the antiquity of the building ... while the elevator was old and noisy, it was beautiful.

On the very positive side, the location is SUPERB! We loved where we were and were very sad to be leaving. It is close to the Metro (which is another review, but for a posh city I found the metro to be disgusting and unkept), close to many restaurants (Note that TIP IS INCLUDED IN THE BILL SERVICE - we did not know this until the last night so don't waste more money than what you are paying in an already expensive city), and within very close walking distance to the Louvre and Notre Dame. Musee D'Orsay took us a bit longer to walk to, but still very do-able.

I would stay here again, even at the price, even with the small room and paper-thin walls ... could NOT beat the location for the money spent.

PS Even though our view didn't look onto any notable sites ... I still loved it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sassychik
Brazil
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Small but confortable rooms, friendly reception, good service and cleanng, close to major attractions and subway, excelent experience I recomend for everyone who wants to walk through Paris. Nice vew on window of Sorbonne University.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Carol024
India
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The building of this hotel is very old and squeaky. There's an old fashioned lift (functional) for the building so climbing small stairs becomes optional. Our room was very basic which had a bed(small size) in the corner of the room with a small table used for multi-function purposes. The bathroom was very very small. It could fit 2 people in it, probably the size of 4'x4'. The shower was hot, but it took some adjustment to rotate in the cabin. The room and stairs had carpet. Our room was facing the main road and was on the first floor and cafes located right beneath were open till early morning (common for Paris). We liked the company and the noises of the people in the cafe below as it completed our experience of Paris. If you sleep light, carry ear buds just in case Or you can ask for a room not facing the road.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the middle of Paris. This hotel is on the edge of district 4 and 5, putting you right in the middle of Paris. There aren't many budget options in these prime areas of Paris and considering the fact that they included breakfast in the deal, I would stay here again.

We didn't eat anything at the hotel except breakfast. The breakfast was basic like most places in Paris or Europe for that matter. Croissants, coffee/tea, toast, butter, choice of jam spread, and orange juice.

The lady serving breakfast was the only one doing everything related to food, so you may run out of patience, but then, if you are in Europe, you cant rush for food.

The gentlemen at the reception was nice enough to take care of our bags after we checked out. He has maps and directions to monuments and cafes in the area. The lobby area had a food vending machine full of candies, chips, and aerated water.

The underground metro was just a couple of blocks away. This hotel is always booked, so book in advance. Good luck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the road!
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChintanSheth
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed in the Hotel Saint Pierre twice with my daughter, once 25 years ago and once this summer. The location is excellent, the room small but manageable. However, I knew there was a problem when my daughter said, "I wish the bathroom had a wooden door." Yes, the bathroom door was glass, and although somewhat opaque, you could see through it. There was a dressing table with a mirror pointed into the bathroom, so that you couldn't put on your makeup without seeing in the bathroom. I don't know if all the rooms are like this, but I would ask for one without a glass door for the bathroom, if you can do this without embarrassment. It has colored my opinion of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CBHays
Turners Hill
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I actually stayed twice in June in the St Pierre. THe first time on a reconnaisance trip from England to test the hotel for the suitability for my Sixth Form group on our Hemingway trail. I was very impressed. Mhamed at the reception and I got on like a house on fire and he never tired of answering the many questions I had. We conversed in French, English and German, all of which he spoke to near perfection (well his French is of course perfect!). I found the rooms small, yes, but the elevator was stylish and since I value athmosphere more than comfort, I coped well with the size of the room and the near perfectly cleaned bathroom. What is more I had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower from my window and I really was in the heart of Paris - just a street away from where Boulevard St Michel meets Boulevard St Germain. Perfect! I returned two weeks later with a group of 17 year olds and they also enjoyed their stay very much. the hotel is central, safe and cheap (92 Euros for a double, 82 for a single).
I have just booked for next June. I would hate to be late with my booking ...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel is basic but is very nice. The friendly and helpful English speaking staff make it a special experience. The room is small but comfortable with a good shower. Location is great, close to Notre Dame and a metro station. Look no further, we were happy. Hopefully, you will be too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple