Hotel du Mont Dore
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$163
$153
$523
$474
  • Restaurant
$422
$370
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$130
$394
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room has been cancelled just 1hr before our checkin. The worst was the Hotel Du Mont Dore was not courteous enough to put us in another place

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jagan Raj S
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights & it was a true French experience. Clean & comfy rooms, quite small with small lift access but all we needed as we were out through the day. Our room had a nice big window to let fresh air in which was great. 5 min walk to metro station 'Rome' which was pretty easy to use. Lots of nice bars and restaurants close by - little English spoken, but we got by. The only negative was that an extra fee of €6 was applied (€2 each night) - probably cleaning or city tax? Overall good value for money. but first time in Paris so not sure what else is out there.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The location was nice and handy to the Montemarte / Moulin Rougue / Sacre Coeur and within reasonable walking distance to Rome station.

Our room was absolutely tiny but was clean and tidy and did I mention the room was tiny.... The bathroom was behind the elevator shaft and showering meant one had to be very careful not to knock the tap and get blasted with hot or cold water it was that cramped (I am 5'9" so I am no giant here) The staircase is equally cramped and as is the elevator. I ended up feeling like a giant person in a hobbit house.

The free wifi was excellent and although the above points make it sound like the worst place in the world, hey it's Paris and I have stayed in much dearer hotels with comedy sized rooms too.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard are good. We found the room very hot and stuffy, so we were able to sleep with the windows open with no noise issues facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Couldn't finds a hostel so I opted for what I thought would be a medium priced hotel. The room was clean enough though not amazing, It just gave the impression of being wiped down, but not really cared for. The bed wasn't very comfortable, I am a pretty tall guy (5'10") and I barely fit the bed. I feel that for the money you pay you could definitely find something better in Paris. I will not be returning here, that's for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

It was my first time in Paris and I stayed here for 5 nights. I will start with the two things I wish someone had told me before I went.
1) it is terribly expensive. Definately the most expensive place I have ever been. A pint will set you back 7euros and as the euro is only 1.1euro to the £1 it's almost £7 a pint. In a cafe a simple can of coke will set you back on average 4.5euros and from a supermarket 1.1euro so the cheapest can of coke I got was £1 but in cafe's it was around £4. A glass of wine is around 6euros but if your a vodka drinker you have no chance it's around 6.5euros for your shot alone and then you have to add your mixer on top. Not the cheapest place to stop and have a few pints through the day or at night time.
2) If you fly into Beauvais airport like we did, the bus is 15euros each way so there were two of us and that was 60euros out of our spending money gone in an instant.

The hotel is easy to get too. From the shopping centre where the bus drops you off you get the metro from Port Malliot to Charles de gaulle Etoile and from there change onto the blue line to Rome. When you get off the metro station here it is literrally less than a 3 min walk to the hotel. The area is nice plenty of restaurants and bars and a safe area to walk about in late at night. The hotel could do with a bit of doing up like new carpet etc but to be honest we were not looking for a lovely hotel just somewhere to leave our things and put our head down for the night. The rooms are small but it had what we needed, comfy double bed, wardrobe, dressing table, shower etc. Our room had big windows in the room and bathroom so was well aired if needed. We got fresh towells every day and our room cleaned daily. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we did not eat breakfast at all. We much preferred out and about in the little french cafes or grabbing a crepe with nutella yummy. The staff I did not find unhelpful or rude but the extent of our relations with the staff were basically to hand our key in at reception on our way out and asking them for it on our return.

If you like walking then you can walk everywhere from this hotel. The moulin rouge is just about 4min walk up the road.
On the first day we walked from this hotel to the arc de triomphe from here to the eiffel tower. We then walked a litte along the river had a bit of lunch, walked back to the tower and had a sail up the river sienne. When that was finished we walked over to the place de concorde and all the way up the champs eleysee to the arc de triomphe and back to our hotel. In all it was about a 5mile walk and my feet were killing me but it's a great way to see a lot of the centre of paris and stop in at wee cafes etc.
The second day we got an all day metro pass and just did loads of other stuff that I won't bore you with the above was just to illustrate how easy it is to walk around to some of the main attractions on foot.

Eating out I didn't quite enjoy. Nothing really came with veg and there was a lot of red meat and everything came with chips. Most places will ask if you want your meat well done etc but sometimes they don't and I got a rare burger one day - it was horrible. A lot of cafes will sell just salad and then main meals not really what I would have wanted for lunch. Well a salad will be fine for me but I just didn't want to pay 21euros for a salad.
If it was any othere time of year we would have picked up a sandwich from a stall etc but it was cold and raining most time and really we just wanted to sit down inside especially after having walked all day.

If you really want to have a drink and relax with a few pints the best place to go is the latin quarter. Threres tons of restarurants etc around there - reminds me a little of camden market the way it's laid out. We found a bar there selling pints for 4euro on happy hour but it was amstel but we weren't complaining after just spending 8euro's on a half pint of kronenburg just across the river - crazy.

If I was ever to go back to paris again I would consider this hotel again because it is simply just what we needed. If I wanted a luxury hotel I would have paid for one. Also there is a lot of dodgy areas in Paris that are not safe at night time and this one is definately safe so if you just want somewhere to put your head at night then this will fit that requirement.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple