Peace and Love Hostel
  • Restaurant
$157
$115
Official Site
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$165
$239
$231
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2005

We got to the hostel (very easy to find, right outside of metro) just after 1am...the place was PACKED and we checked in at the bar! Of course with our look our room was on the top floor. I remembered reading reviews on this site about the stairs being hell, we figured it couldn't be that bad. Well it was! It's an extremely narrow, spiral staircase, not very convinient for our big suitcases. 7 floors of that...the worst part was going down because we got so dizzy...So we finally got to our room and settled down. The floors were covered in ants and these worm things. The shower door didn't close properly so everything left on the floor was drenched. There are no bedsheet at this hostel, they just lay one over the matress and pillow and they put a comforter on the bed, which by the way they NEVER wash. It's not in too bad of an area, really easy to find and to get around...there's a laundry mat and internet cafe nearby and 3 grocery stores. The staff was okay, Karen really can be wacko at times. Mike does nothing but promote his 5 euro walking tour! I probably would stay there again, maybe not for as long...for the price I paid I didn't expect to live like a king, so it was okay!

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank toozb
England
Reviewed July 28, 2005

i felt compelled to inform people about the poor quality of this shoddy establishment. the staff were arrogant and rude which is never good. they were too busy to listen to us, more interested in sitting on their ----- and smoking. i felt so cheated by the room, we booked a 3 bed ensuite but we got a bunk bed and a mattress on the floor which was removed everyday at 10am and not returned til 4. the worst thing was that the actual mattress didnt even fit in the space on the floor. it was too wide plus it meant trampling over some poor bird everytime i needed a wee. the bathroom was ----poor, when you got up off the toilet, your head was sticking half way in to the shower...it was damn small. the bloody electricity didnt work. did i mention the bugs, they were crawling all over the mattress....filth. the wardrobe was stuffed with peoples belongings that had been left behind. plus in some rooms the shower was situated in the actual room. random, bloody useless place. DONT STAY THERE

• Stayed: July 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2005

My first hostelling experience! Boy has it given me a taste for more! Great people, great atmosphere and very well situated! All this for good prices, in a very expensive city. We went to see iron maiden, expecting this to be the best part of the trip. Yet, just hanging around with the guys at the hostel was by far better! Even though maiden ROCKED! As long as you are going with good people it'll be a whale of a time!! Although there is more than likely to be kool people there anyway. It was so good we really thought about extending our flights. The canal is good for a nice evening out just chilling. The metro stops are all very very close and can get you anywhere. There is also lots of places to get very good food to suit all budgets.
HOWEVER!!!
Karen behind the bar wasn't always very happy, often downright rude!! Just ignore her; all the other staff are great!
The bar is most defiantly not the cheapest in Paris!!! (I recommend the little green shop over the road now that WAS cheap; the proprietor even opens the wine for you!)
The street noise could be a problem if you are a light sleeper! I recommend a bottle of cheap win (worked a treat for me) or ear plugs.
And I can't forget the dreaded stairs, there are a lot of them and they are quite narrow, but if you are half fit they should be the death of you!
Our room, bedding (and hostel in general) was immaculately clean and cleaned well every morning, even after the wine made a re-appearance!
This HOSTEL REALLY REALLY IS A MUST STAY if you are up for meeting great people and having a great time, it was without doubt the best weekend of my life!!
I obviously cannot guarantee the people who will be there lol, but it’s the kind of place that will only attract honest, friendly, damn attractive young back packer’s e.t.c!!
I am an 18 year old male back packer, come traveller and for me and anyone like me this place was perfect.
PEACE AND LOVE EVERYONE!
Luke Pulford
P.S if you have any questions, or if know any good hostels in prague (next on my to-do list) drop me an email at: -------

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank moonbather
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 24, 2005

I stayed in this hostel the month of November 2003. I lived in Nantes (2 hours west of Paris by TGV) where I was studying and I came up for a weekend to stay with 2 gal-pals from the USA and I gotta say, this hostel was exceptional, really. The staff was great, the rooms were excellent and the hostel truly is in a perfect location. Jaures metro is literally across the street, and there is plenty to walk around and see. There is a pub/bar next door, and a quaint grocery store down the street. Also, the fact that there is a pub downstairs also beats having to go out big every night Paris. There is internet in the bar, along with TV if you need to catch the score of those rugby and soccer games. The kitchen (off the side of the bar and down the stairs) is spacey and very functional. This hostel is great and the staff is fully welcoming as well as overly willing to help you in anything you need. From directions to the Pere Lachaise, to discussing culture over a beer or cappucino---it was a comfortable, yet affordable place to be while in Paris. I made a few friends, and always stop in on my way through Paris...and always will continue to.
If you have any questions about the Peace and Love, feel very free to email me!

• Stayed: November 2003
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
san diego
Reviewed March 17, 2005

Ok this hostel was so gross that as soon as we walked in and saw what we were getting into... we got a hold of a phone book and immediately began to search for another place to stay. I am a 21 year old girl so it's not like I am out of the loop... it was just nasty. It is nowehere close to any of the tourist sites... u have to take a subway with a bunch of local weirdos, oh yea this hostel is also in the ghetto... like the ugliest and most digusting part of paris... took like at least 20-45 min to get anywhere where we actually wanted to be, nothing is within walking distance except mcdonalds. No you cannot see the eeifel tower. Here is a better description, I went to use an atm across the street and there was a gang of like 12 drunk men just sitting in front of the atm.. this was when we got there like @ 9pm. Yea like they weren't there to rip someone off. The people at the bar are locals who are all losers basically and really weird... and the bartender is super rude and also gave me the creeps when she got all upset because we did not want to buy a beer. The old computer ate my money and i couldn't use the internet and the phone inside did not work. There is a payphone out front but beware of nasty french men trying to knock on the glass and trying to get in the booth with you (when you are calling your mom to cry about how miserable this place is)... It felt like the most unsafe place ever. Now haha... the rooms... haha.. ok listen to this... there were bugers all over the disgusting purple walls and also there were bugers on the side of the weakest rusted bunk bed that i have ever seen let alone slept on... you can't even move without thinking that you will colapse on the person below you... now imagine what the matress must be like. We had a super small dirty shower that was clogged and the by time I was done showering the water was up to my ankles and even flip flops could not protect that. I am a partier but I was so not going to party with the weird locals downstairs... which were mostly male. I also remember how something didn't feel right about the lock on the door... oh ok the person at the front desk asked for the key when we left??? Yea here go ahead and just feel free to take my camcorder and go through all of my personal belongings if you please. Stay away from this hostel... I do not understand the good reviews... it was by far worst experince in the 6 weeks that I stayed in Europe. If you can get some more cash then I suggest splitting the cost and staying at the hotel du cudran.

• Stayed: August 2004