“Very Good!”
Review of Hotel du Parc

Hotel du Parc
Ranked #932 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Du Parc is located in a quiet road a breath away from Line 6 Metro station Edgar Quinet (there are two more stations around) and Galeries Lafayette in Montparnasse. (Du Parc customers have 10% discount in Galeries Lafayette by showing an advertising map, which the hotel can provide).
Me and my girlfriend are fully pleased with the hotel. The room was very clean, modern and recently renovated (of course small like all the rooms in Paris but ok)).
The only things that we should say is that we stayed there for four nights and the towels have never been changed. Additionally, something very strange, the bathroom was split in two rooms. The one had the shower and the wash basin and the other had the basin. The problem was that the room with the basin had no heating system and this was a bit unpleasant.
Furthermore, we never had breakfast in the hotel and we never saw what it had for breakfast but I think that 12 euros per person is expensive. We chose to get outside every morning and buy a good breakfast for 10 - 12 euros for both of us from the hundreds of shops which exist around (We preferred Pomme de Pain, a little far but very good).
Last but not least: it has wi-fi, it's not very fast but it's ok!
Of course in general I would recommend this hotel to all these who want to explore Paris. If you book via the net the price is really good (we payed 70 euros per night).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 12, 2010

This place is central and quiet with friendly staff and nicely appointed rooms. Bring a google map of the area as rue Jolivet is a small street on not on some local maps.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2010

friendly staff, great location close to
Metro, cafes, restaurants, market. I had better experience here than at a larger well know hotel chain in Paris. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My partner and I were impressed with our recent stay at Hotel du Parc Montparnasse..

The owners are friendly, going out of their way to assist with the storage of our bicycles, early check-in after 24 hours on the plane and arranging local transport.

Thier rooms are well kept, modern and comfortably quiet. The nutritious and tasty breakfasts are popular and need to be taken early to avoid the rush.

We will recommend the Hotel du Parc team to our friends in Australia because they have all been very welcoming, polite and willing to comprehend our Franglais.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This hotel is fabulously located within 5 minutes of Gare Montparnasse, tons of restaurants, the metro, a supermarket, a farmers' market and an art market. Yet it is on a quiet little street. The premises are super clean, very compact but comfortable. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. The only difficulty I could see was the long haul up the first flight of stairs, luggage and all, with no elevator until the reception desk one floor above street level. If you are fit, the haul is worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I spent a lot of time searching for a hotel in Paris and finally decided to book a room at Hotel du Parc. Actually, it was the first hotel to catch my eye when I started the search, and of course I wanted to see more options before booking, but eventually winded up in this little hotel in the 14th arrondissement. When we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night, it looked a bit shabby, but fortunately I had done my research and that didn't surprise me. They were renovating the stairway and the reception area, so everything was a mess and had I not known the rooms were already been through renovation I might have turned around and found another place to stay. The man at the reception was not the friendliest I've met, especially when he realized we didn't speak any French, but given the time of the night I wasn't at my best either. We arrived at the hotel at 02:30 am after a delayed flight and having spent over 5 hours waiting at the airport all I wanted was to crash in bed!

The room itself looked just like in the pictures on their web site. But, although I had read about the size of the hotel rooms in Paris, it still surprised me that it was that small! There was the bed and that was aboutit! Very cramped indeed, but since we only spent a couple of nights there and as you sure don't go to Paris to just stay in the hotel room, it was ok! The bathroom was very tiny, too. We paid about 90 Euros/night for a double room, which I think was quite reasonable for Paris.

The location in Montparnasse, though a bit far from the main sights, was good as there are lots of restaurants and cafes in the area. Also, the Montparnasse tower was near the hotel, and the view from up there was amazing! The public transportation system in Paris is very efficient and it's easy to use. We used the metro but also walked a lot, like from Notre dame to the hotel.

If you only need a place to sleep and spend your days exploring the city and don't mind being away from the main tourist attractions then Hotel du Parcis a good choice! During our stay the hotel didn't serve breakfast, as they were renovating,but there are plenty of cafes offering breakfast nearby, so it wasn't aproblem at all.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
zip75, Propriétaire at Hotel du Parc, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2010

Dear Sandi07
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the Tripadvisor site. As you noticed,our hotel lobby was under renovation in the beginning of the year for best comfort.(new breakfast room,new entrance,new stairs,new décoration....)
Refurbishing stairs and lobby has ended April 2010.Now our hotel is up and running since May 2010.
Hope you will choose to stay with us again and we are confident that your next stay will be pleasurable in everything.
With best regards
Jérôme MERCIER
Managing Director

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Room size is decent for Paris standards. Some rooms seem to have a bathtub, others only have a shower. The neighborhood is good and close to Montparnasse and 2-3 metro stops. Generally clean and the staff is good, wifi works well. It seems to have been renovated recently with a nice design and good quality accessories. I found the price a bit expensive for the size though. Insulation (from above) is not great either.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business