“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Review of Hotel Baldi

Hotel Baldi
Ranked #1,196 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were a little hesitant to stay at a local hotel......we were wrong. This older building has been updated. It is small, minimalist decorations and modern. The staff were ALWAYS pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was European, but everything was always fresh. We loved that they left the old open elevator and it was probably original with the building. Be sure you want to travel in it with someone that you know or want to know, because it is only for 2 people with minimal luggage. I forgot some credit cards and cash in the safe and they went out of their way to see that I got it back.
We always felt safe in the area and ate at the local Italian restaurant one night. It is a fairly easy walk to the Eiffel Tower and therefore the Seine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TnPete_traveler

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Im the kind of person when i travel i like to be local/ near by everything mainly ,even if the price is slightly higher. As my first time traveling to Paris, This hotel drew me when it stated was in a good/covienent location aprox 10 min walking distance from effiel tower, when i arrived the receptionist told me its 20 min walking distance away (So that really shouldnt be Advertised) ,which the walking distance is 20 to 30 min . Some of the hotel reception were professional and very helpful, Others how ever, i felt like i was being a bothersome or some type of obligation to a extent which shouldnt be the case staying in a hotel . Also, the rooms had a bad/ odor stench and the beds were like sleeping on a rock. overall not the best of quality for the price itself.
note: the cold weather is starting to begin and the heat wasnt even a option as of yet. another thing i hope the hotel can correct before it gets really cold.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel really exceeded my expectations, the hotels location is amazing two minute walk to the metro, 10-15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. Check in was smooth and the receptionist was very welcoming and a great host. We were given our key and told to go up to the 7th floor so we found the lift which is very small but cute, with that in mind it was built for Parisian living not for a big commercial hotel due to the amount of space they have! The room was a superb size and the bathroom was huge, fully working shower and bath, however the main attraction to this room was when we opened the window and stuck our head out over the little Parisian Balcony you could see the Eiffel Tower. We paid £280 for 3 nights which I think is brilliant. You will not be able to find such a better deal, oh and one last thing the beds are soooooooooooooo comfortable, it will take some will power to get out of them! Thanks for a lovely stay Hotel Baldi.

Room Tip: Get the superior room its at the top of the hotel and has the view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank louiseHornchurch
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were discouraged when we saw the elevator. It was very small. If you have luggage, only you and your luggage will fit. I'm claustrophobic so it was difficult for me. The bathroom is small but the room was clean and comfortable. The staff (sorry I forgot to ask the name) was very helpful. She always help us on how to get to places that we want to go to and which train to take. The hotel is near to Eiffel tower. It's just about 10-15mins walk. We were happy with the hotel. The wifi is fast too so it's very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were a group of around 20 people, visiting the UNESCO headquarters for an event. Prices were reasonable for Paris standards (not cheap that is) Rooms were also quite standard for Paris (really really tiny). However, its location was good, 5 mn walk to UNESCO, across the street from a convenience store, near some restaurants and 2 metro stations, and also quiet. We had the breakfast, which was quite satisfying. Staff varies in quality and moods, like is common for this category of hotel in northern Europe. WARNING: do not ever book a room for 3 people. They will bring an extra "bed" into the already tiny double room, and everyone will be on top of each other. I, however, was extremely happy as I was in a single room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. Rooms are small but organized and clean. As Paris is quite expensive, this hotel has a good cost / benefit. It is about 100m from Metro station, 15min walking to Eiffel Tower. There are lundry, bars, restaurants around. No parking lot but ask the staff and they indicate places in case you need.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a very last minute hotel arrangement that my husband orchestrated from the USA because the hotel I had arranged to stay in only had one bed for myself and my son. I must admit, I was worried but, I needn't be. This hotel turned out to be a charm. It was close in, quiet, air conditioned and comfortable. We slept better in this hotel than any other hotel in our three weeks in Europe and I was worried because the metro runs alongside it (which added to the hotel's convenience). The bathroom had ample space and included a bathtub, the concierge was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was generous. My only complaint was that there was a misunderstanding one morning when I was offered a cup of espresso (I did not realize that this was not part of the breakfast arrangement) and was charged for it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family