“Good value for money and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Baldi

Hotel Baldi
Ranked #1,118 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Belgium
“Good value for money and friendly staff”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Friendly and helpful staff; Rooms have A/C; Very good value for money; free internet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The room was new and just like the uploaded pictures. We got big bathroom with tub but no shower curtain. Only liquid soap is provided. A/C is separated in the room. Free wifi is fast and working well. The elevator is pretty small, can take up only one person with luggage and at time. We didnt have breakfast at the hotel, no comment. We can see tip of Eiffel Tower from our room windows. Hotel seems to be in a residential area, in a walking distance from metro station. Noise from the train is no problem to us though. Nice, friendly, and helpful staff. Not sure when payment should be made but mine was on the day I checked out. Overall, we enjoyed our 6-night spent there and would recommend to everyone.

Our luggage were left open and we're sure it's completely zipped up when we left the room. Another night, another luggage bag we left open was closed. Nothing was missing though.

Room Tip: room 504 got big bathroom. it's in the front of the hotel, if you dont like noise from railway...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
Reviewed January 6, 2011

After checking out from a nearby hotel that had no heat nor hot water in my room, this Hotel Baldi was a welcomed comfort! Close to metro, clean but small room, tiny elevator (but typical for this type of building), simple continental breakfast but ok. Staff was very friendly, only one night stay, talked with 3 different persons at the desk, all very helpful and cordial. I would go back anytime! Top floor room offers view of Eiffel tower!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The room is clean and the beds decent. It did overlook an elevated metro, which wasn't as noisy as I'd feared, but still fairly audible every 5 minutes well into the night (and early in the morning). Bathroom was surprisingly spacious, and clean. However:
-We got a bathroom with bathtub rather than a shower (just a handheld spray house). We didn't notice this until it was too late to change rooms. I wish the clerk would ask for your preference when you check in, since the hotel website is not very clear that you might get stuck without a proper shower.
-The website says free internet, but it turns out that is only if you have a laptop that takes ethernet cables. We had an iPad and iPhone, and to use the wireless, there is an expensive daily fee (20 Euro or more). I asked at the desk and the clerk gave me a prepaid card, which was fairly satisfactory (though limited to just one device). However, on checking out, it turns out he did not give it to me, he sold it to me--there was a charge on our bill. Very annoying and poor service to charge for something without mentioning that fact. The clerk at checkout was unresponsive to my complaints about this issue. So beware, if that's important to you. Especially with so many hotels to choose from.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Schnagel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our luggage lost in the hotel room while we went out for sight seeing. We lodge police report. We complained to the hotel and claimed compensation for our losses. Until today, the hotel didn't reply nor apologies formally to us about the incident happened one month ago! We are extremely disappointed on the hotel's irresponsibility.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank ingxi

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 24, 2009

For Paris, this is an ecomomy hotel - which is what I wanted, travelling alone. I looked it up in booking sites for Euro 59, but I did not know my plans, so I did not book. It was a weekend and it was full, but I got 1st nite at 79, the 2nd at the promoted 59 Euro (for what was supposedly a 115 room.)
The staff spoke excellent English, and were helpful.
I did not look at my room before securing it at the front desk. I was wary but happily surprised. Very clean, nice bathroom with shower. Slimline TV but with only French speaking stations. Towels and bedding were clean & fresh.
Its location is very near 2 metro lines which can take you to Eiffel, St. Germain (latin quarter),Notre Dame, Versailles, etc. The neighborhood is working class, but apparently safe as I walked around regularly. No restaurants to commend themselves.
2 possible drawbacks: light sleepers may not like the noise of the traffic and elevated metro down below. The room heat was good & strong so I left the window partly open. But it was hard to sleep. 2nd: the rickety, open cage, small elevator did not earn my trust. I walked up the stairs, other than to carry my bags up or down. Guests with disabilities might want to think of another hotel.
It is a small, family operated hotel. There is no 4 star ambiance, but it is clean, a solid deal and close in.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Rugsby26
Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I've stayed in many hotels in Paris at different times, I chose this one for 4 nights because of the lift and air conditioning in mid-summer, so that aspect was useful. But you can do better for the price--I've found larger rooms in better situated places for less or equivalent. It's between 2 metro lines, so about a 4 block walk each way, and on a street with a number of muffler/car repair shops. No cafes or restaurants nearby, one must walk several blocks to find a selection, so kind of oddly situated and a bit isolated. One irritating aspect is that they were offering last minute deals for 20 euros less than I was paying for the same room, but they wouldn't give me the reduced price. My shower floor filled up with water within about 30 seconds, so I had to keep turning off the water so it wouldn't spill over onto the floor as I showered. I could hear the people upstairs who came in at 2 am and were very noisy-- even with earplugs in! It was however, very clean, but worn. They wanted 7 euros for 15 minutes of internet use on an old PC, so I didn't bother as that seemed excessive. I would choose a different hotel next time, nearer to shopping/cafe areas. For example, Hotel de Lion is around the same price but nicer and in a better area in terms of cafes and shopping with a Metro station right outside the entrance.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo