“Extremely small room, very noisy, good location”

Hotel de la Paix Tour Eiffel
Ranked #795 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Being in Paris near the Eiffel Tower, I kind of expected the room to be small but this was borderline ridiculous. The room was large enough to accomodate a queen size bed, a tiny desk, and a small wardrobe with very little floor space. I'm 5'11" and had to sit on the toilet diagonally to fit my legs. The neighbors from the adjoining building (I don't think they were hotel guests) got in a loud French screaming match on one of the nights of our stay. The garbage trucks come down the street and pick up the trash with a significant amount of banging around 11 or 12 at night every evening. I saw a couple ants in our room, but our travel companions were horrified by a swarm they found in their bathroom.
The positives:
1. Quick walk to the Eiffel Tower
2. Friendly front desk clerk, but he gave me poor directions every single time I asked. I gave up after day 2.
3. Small shower, but good water pressure and the water was hot.

I think we'll be picking a different hotel for our next Parisian vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel N

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Small (but that's to be expected given the location) but very clean and comfortable. Extra quiet neighborhood - you would think Paris sleeps till noon. Plenty of sites within walking distance and the Ecole Militaire Metro stop is a 5 or 10 minute walk. Only negative is that the WI-FI only works in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WV61
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel November 2012. It is about 10 minute walk from the Eiffel tower. The hotel itself is very small but very modern and clean. The staff were very nice and helpful.I did not like the area as much though. You are away from the buzz of Paris. Nearest metro is 5 minute walk.Overall I was happy with the hotel, it was just a bit on the small side. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine K
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice small hotel just 5 minutes walking from Eiffel tower. Small room, very small bathroom, but service is good. Personnel was very helpfull. They actually helped us with their advices of where to go and some smart tips. A lot of small shops and restaurants around hotel and all people were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Baken_West
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Difficult to find and no carpark. Not allowed to leave the car on the nearest street either. Closest car park about 10 mins. walk away. Hotel well located. On arrival everything OK. We have been driving for several hours and trying to rest. We have had very noisy next door neighbours with an infant. Have complaint to reception and got another, quieter room instantly. I liked the new room even more and was quiet. Didn't eat there so can't really say anything. Overall well located 5 mins. walk from Eiffel tower, reasonably priced at the time. I could linger about few things like a lack of car park but did manage fairly well. If you want to see Paris on a budged then this one is for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here recently and were very pleased with the hotel. It is attractively decorated and immaculately clean. Very comfy beds and an excellent standard of housekeeping. The location is brilliant, with many attractions within walking distance, and Rue Cler is a real find - fantastic food shops and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again. The breakfast was perfect for us - I was so pleased to be able to have fresh fruit , as well as cheeses, eggs and pastries. I recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for a week in September 2012 and we were really pleased with the hotel accommodation. OK the bathroom was rather too small for my liking but it was serviceable (the same could be said about the lift!) and everything was clean and presentable. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants close by (try Rue Cler) and grocers shops, which stay open until very late, just around the corner. The staff in the hotel could not have been friendlier, indeed everyone we met in Paris was polite and friendly. This was my fifth time in Paris and I think that it gets better every time we go. We had breakfast at the hotel which was worth it for the convenience. The ability to boil your own egg was much appreciated. I have given a rating of excellent because I think that in this price range that is exactly what this hotel deserves. Our thanks to the staff for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends