Chambiges Elysees Hotel
$170
$165
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgolden triangleeiffel towerquiet streetgreat locationdesigner shopsbateaux mouchesboutique hotelbreakfast roomarc de triomphewithin walking distanceheart of parislovely hotelsmall hotelaround the cornersofa bedcold meatshighly recommend this hotel
Reviewed October 4, 2013

a. This hotel is in an excellent location for walking to all the main Paris museums and sights. We were graciously welcomed and assigned a room when we arrived at 2PM by taxi from the CDG airport. (An aside: The taxi cost 60 Euros, which was a bit higher than normal since we were caught in the afternoon traffic and then slowed down due to an accident.) We had opted for a courtyard suite with complimentary breakfast for 8 nights. The Suite (#306) was tastefully decorated with period furniture and art work making it seem we had stepped back in time to an earlier Paris….very French. The amenities were as described on the hotel website. My wife was pleased with the pocket doors to the bathroom and between the bedroom and the rest of the suite since they did not create a walking hazard at night. Because the hotel breakfast is not until 7 AM and we are early risers, we brought a French coffee press so we could surf the web (the hotel wifi was very good) and enjoy coffee. Others have commented on the smallish breakfast area however since we would be down about 7:30 - 8:00 there was never a crowd. It might be different at 9:30-10AM. The management was quick to provide us with umbrellas the two days it did rain, and directions to where to buy food and wine as well as how to locate an ATM close to the hotel. We had no complaints at all, anything we might want (like face cloths and extra towels were quickly and pleasantly provided). Two minor issues were that the toilet was in a separate room from the bath and was difficult to navigate to in the dark; and there were no clocks in the suite except built into the TVs and only when the TVs were on. While the toilet room had a light it was way too bright at 2 PM. So you might want to bring your own flash light or a (240 volt) night light and a small clock.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are totally quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Epags
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I hate writing not so good reviews but feel I must as I rely on trip advisor so much myself, thus my booking of this hotel. The location was fantastic as was our greeting from a very helpful young lady, she booked us a fab dinner cruise at her suggestion and it was great (Bateaux Parisiens). They had also upgraded us which was good of them. My main criticism of this hotel was the decor: clashing florals, checks and worse, all making the rooms feel claustrophobic, typical french I know but not for the faint hearted. Second criticism was the lack of space everywhere, breakfast/bar/lounge and hallways were tiny. Third was that the hotel bar didn't even stock Rum of any description, astonishing! And lastly I couldn't find the boat ticket that the nice receptionist had issued to me and was told by a rude male receptionist that 'how did I expect to go out if I didn't know where I was going' or words to that effect!! The simple reply would have been that he would issue another ticket which would have been sitting about 1m away from his desk but he didn't offer to do that and would not order a taxi in the mean time. I had to go all the way back up to the room and ferret about for the piece of paper, which I eventually found. The hotel was very clean. Sorry about the review, I'm just being honest, not my cup of tea shall we say!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OliveOilGirl
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. Location was good, close walk to Champs Élysées, Eiffel Tower, a little further was the Louvre and then on to Notre Dame (40-45) mins. We also walked up to Lafayette's department store. Breakfast was good. Staff very helpful and gave us good recommendations for dinner and organised taxis when requested. Our room was an excellent size, the only negative was that it was located next to the breakfast area and entry was thru this area (room 6).

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We loved the Chambiges Elysees....and whats not to love, it was central to so many things. The rooms were very generous, clean and comfortable. The staff spoke english which was extremely helpful.
Great breakfast, which kept us going well past lunch...
Would definatley stay again.....Loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Billie012013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Chambiges Elysees in the apartment on the top floor. It was an unusual layout but there was plenty of space for us and our two children. The room was clean and well maintained, other than not being able to operate one of the air-conditioners. The bathrooms were lovely. Service from all of the staff was exceptional and everyone was very friendly and only too happy to help. The included breakfast was very good and we never had any issues finding a table for the four of us to sit at, unlike some other reviewers. The staff were very proactive in arranging transportation for us on departure. We had laundry done twice through the hotel and it was done efficiently. The location is very handy. The room was very quiet. We would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family