“Not just all about wine”
Review of Lavinia

Lavinia
Ranked #72 of 699 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Lavinia is the right place in Paris for wine lover, with over 6500 wines to taste and to shop.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stumbled onto Lavinia by accident on our last day in Paris. Magnificent looking wine shop - with a huge selection of french and international wines, plus a range of fortified wines and hard liquor. We found a bottle to try and moved upstairs to the restaurant. Even though it was close to 2pm and we were probably the last few in the restaurant, service remained friendly. Food was good - homely and tasty. On the way out, the kids received a surprise as well - a bunch of lollies and chocolate marshmallows (which were wonderful and were kindly served an extra helping).

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stopped by to cruise the collection of wines and spirits. Thought the wine selection was excellent although missing some of my low end favorites as well as a noted absence of cotes du rhone rouge. What was most impressive was the selection of distilled beverages. The wall of whiskey is most impressive including a magnum size of Jack Daniels. Their cognac selection was limited. Did not notice any armangnac or calvados

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I don't know much about wine, but had a list of wines to get for everyone to take home. This place had them and millions more. My wife was as excited to be here as she is in a shoe store! The staff spoke English and were very helpful.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went to find Egly Ouriet Champagne, that I have not been able to find elsewhere. Lavinia had all blends from this small interesting vineyard in Champagne. It is an excellent champagne with more concentration on Pinot Meunier. For Champagne lovers I recommend you try it is very well priced as well.The wine shop is beautifully laid out and real pleasure to browse in. We, had lunch in upstairs restaurant. Good atmosphere and service fine but nothing special about the food, but a worthwhile overall visit that I would recommend

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Wine shops across Paris had referred us to Lavinia to find unusual wines that we sought. We were blown away by the selection, professionalism, and knowledge. I found a wine I have been searching for for a year (working with the US importer and even traveling to the Loire to find it). It was here. We were able to buy a bottle wrapped to take home and we took a bottle to their restaurant where staff decanted it and served it with food we ordered. It was one of the finest moments of our trip. We will be ordering wine from them to ship to the US in the fall when the weather is cooler. Amazing store.