“Unmissable”

$113.86*
Orangerie Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Access
Ranked #12 of 1,254 things to do in Paris
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am a big fan of Claude Monet, but finally decided to go and visit this museum since the Frida Kahlo exhibition is on. It was a long wait but it was worth it. I can imagine it might be nicer to be in the rooms with the paintings when there were a few less people around.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,913)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wasn't able to visit this place due to their security controls.
I had a museum pass and thought I could go in quicker, however a guard just showed up and showed all of us people with passes and tickets to the end of the long queue without an explanation, so I just decided to leave without visiting. Maybe next time.

3  Thank Maltrueno
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Located in the Tuileries, this museum focuses on Monet's Water Lillies. If you get to Giverney, it is an added plus to see the original location of these paintings.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Museum has some great and interesting art but unless you book ticket in advance it can be a long wait to gain access to this small easy to view museum; which itself has a fascinating history. We thought the complex queue system might have to do with limiting the number of visitors in the museum but once inside it was far from crowded. The reason for the delay was down to nothing more than a single security scanner manned by one person to screen all visitors! Absolutely hopeless! So make sure to book ticket in advance to ensure waiting time does not detract from the museum experience.

1  Thank GCR484
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had visited this museum many years ago and was blown away by Monet's Nympheas. Unfortunately, the previous times I was in Paris, this museum was closed. This time, I was able to take my wife, who is a huge fan of Monet to see these incredible paintings for herself. In addition to these works, there are many other works by Monet's contemporaries that are also interesting to see. In particular, the works of Laurencin I find very beautiful. The collection of art in this gallery is not as large as some other Paris museums, but for me is a place I hold special because of the Nympheas.