“A hidden gem”

Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
$153.33*
and up
The Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60...
Ranked #56 of 1,124 things to do in Paris
Bethesda, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have visited many of the Paris museums over the years but had never picked up on this one. What a lovely surprise! While the deisel engines didn't fascinate me as much as they did my husband, the collections of early model typewriters, computers, sewing machines, and a wealth of other mechanical inventions were just amazing. The museum is quite large, covering at least two floors and spreading through numerous large rooms, but we never tired of what was waiting just around the next corner. And don't forget to look UP -- there are some early flying machines overhead that shouldn't be missed. Note: It is on the Musee Carte.

Visited February 2013

55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was raining so I decided to check out a venue to pass some time. I stumbled upon this museum and I was glad that I did. I was blown away with all the scientific displays, antique televisions, radios, cameras etc. It was bigger than I though, the museum is fascinating and entertaining from beginning to the end. I loved it and will come back. Also, the metro Arts et Metier is my favorite stop, it is very innovative and original, see for yourself.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Ngel_n_Disguise
Athens, Attiki, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“ Great!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Totally worth visiting this museum. Something completely different and exciting. Hosts several exhibitions.. From space to movies, everything about robotics. We loved it

1 Thank Artemis F
Tel Aviv, Israel
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Undervalued but really interesting and well done.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We only stopped in here because it was near our apartment, but it turned out to be a large, fascinating collection of inventions, discoveries, and the advances of technology through time. Good for kids and adults. Well worth an afternoon.

Albany, GA
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“This was a real surprise”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

What a wonderful little known place to visit in Paris! It was so much fun to see all the different changes that have occurred throughout history that impact communication, travel, design and many other things we use every day. The highlight was the small lab upstairs that showed how pressure and temperature affect gas behaviors (okay so we can't all be interested in that part but it was awesome!). The magnetic imaging was a fun experience too. Spent a lot more time in there than we expected - and loved it!

Visited December 2012