“Great place to visit”

and up
Paris Museum Pass 2 Days
Ranked #85 of 1,320 things to do in Paris
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a great visit. Though not as popular as other museums, it is every bit as interesting. I visited particularly to see the Foucault pendulum, since this museum is where the original is housed. I was very impressed by the wealth of information. The museum has English audio guides and many things written in English. Even my wife, who is not really a technical person, enjoyed the visit. For those who haven't found the miniature statue of liberty at the Seine, this museum has two of them (one in front and one inside).

3  Thank MEMSEng
"amazing collection"
"rainy day"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2012

An amazing not so famus museum. A must see especially if you are a science type of a person. Very very friendly staff. You 'll need a lot of time and comfortable shoes

2  Thank DimiEG
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Not the biggest fan of museums, but this one held my attention for a morning and I want to go back to take in more. Focusing on technology and science over the ages, there is a fascinating range of artefacts and models, most with English descriptions. Well laid out, although a pleasantly old-fashioned feel. Not well promoted, which is great because there were few visitors giving plenty time and space to enjoy. Recommend a visit for both adults and children. Travel there by metro, just to see the inside of the Arts et Métiers station which as one guide book stated is like being inside a submarine!

4  Thank MontyFriendsAbroad
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have repeated my visits to this highly educational and pleasant museum. I always see something new and enjoy every visit.

1  Thank 7,727
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Quite a bit at this museum and some of it is interactive for the kids. For me, I liked the original metric units displayed (one of the first meters, liters and kilograms) and of course Antoine Lavoisier's lab. We didn't cover it all and kind of bonked out about 70% through. We felt we got our monies worth.

My only knock is that not everything is displayed in english (though many are) and you've got to pay another 5 euros each to get the audioguide. It would be nice if they had a written (and thus cheaper) pamphlet covering the audioguide spots as well, thought I'm guessing that's not in the museums best profitable interest. Still, this is a good little science museum.

I lied. There's another knock; the gift shop is outrageously expensive. For example, 3 euros for a little wooden pin that has the name of the museum on it. It's a wonder they sell anything at all.

3  Thank Tim O