“Great service and neighborhood”

Hotel de Londres Eiffel
Ranked #29 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Hotel de Londres Eiffel 5 times. (Cedric at the desk knew how many times we had been there!) This hotel is in a terrific location near wonderful restaurants and shopping. The guys at the desk are helpful and welcoming. The rooms are small but comfortable and the bathrooms are great! This summer my sister-in-law and husband had a view of the Eiffel Tower! We will go back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martha P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Unless You choose the best quality rooms of the top floor You might be little disappointed by this hotel. I took the room for 120 Eur, what is really the bargain price in that area of Paris. It was pretty small room at the second floor with comfortable bed occupying 2/3 of the room, small wardrobe hidden in the wall and surprisingly big bathroom with shower.
First glance at the room might put You in to the frustration but if You have been in other Paris small and cheap hotels You will quickly accept dark tapestries and claustrophobic rooms. So overall mark for the room was rather in plus. It was clean and warm as well.
But I hoped to sleep well and it appeared impossible! The pump, or whatever close to the room was permanently sounded like someone was hovering in neighbouring room. First night was half sleepless for the second I've got the earplugs and it went smooth than.
I have no doubt that when You are placed in the top floor with a view of Eiffel tower this hotel might be perfect - but than You will pay 250 per night. If You want spent affordable amount of money be prepared for noisy, dark room with view on backyard.
No idea of breakfasts as I preferred to go to the brasserie for the same price (10Eur).

Room Tip: Don't take the room 25 if You want to sleep peacefully - generally don't take cheap rooms at...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank marne11pl
londreseiffel, Gérant at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we are very sorry you did not appreciated our home, this really touched us as we put all of our heart and effort to satisfy all of our dear guest.
We would like to point out the fact that we are located in an historic part of Paris, it is true that the buildings in the 19th century were not large and the size of our rooms are well indicated in our website. You booked a single room, which are smaller than our double rooms, but we chose to also equipped this room with a very high-quality queen size bed for a really comfortable night, which is the most important in an hotel.
All of our rooms are delicately decorated for a very cosy and charming feel, the high-end fabrics on the wall are typically french and all the furniture have been chosen specifically for each room. We are sorry you did not appreciated the French style and elegance of our sophisticated rooms.
Also, we are surprised by the noise you mentioned as we went to check in your room and could not hear it, if anything was wrong we would have fix it immediately. For information, the rooms on the back overlook a typical french courtyard and are very requested are they are the most quiet rooms.

With best regards,
isabelle prigent

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I returned last week from a lovely stay at this small hotel. Very quiet location with wonderful
dining options nearby.
My room was typically small, but efficient and well decorated. Bathroom was surprisingly large and completely redecorated.
Most impressed with the location. I walked everywhere. A short jaunt to the Seine and museums. Even walked to Galleries Lafayette and St. Germain.
The yellow 'On & Off' bus is a great orientation, with the option to stop at any of the sites.
The staff are the stars here. Most helpful and patient. Arnaud hel;ed me with printing my boarding passes. The staff also arranged for me to be picked up at the airport. At the end of my stay, they arranged for the airport shuttle to take me to CDG.
I will definitely stay here again while visiting Paris.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vhd-13
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Wonderful view of the tower, great location for some seriously good food( FL and Cafe Constant) and lovely staff. Marked down because the extremely polite and helpful (?!) guy on the front desk told us the wrong time for breakfast ( for which the manager gave us a bottle of champagne, THANK YOU!), didn't know the restaurant we wanted to go too was next door and managed to lock us out of our room by only booking us in for one night.
But seriously, book here, pricey but lovely warm atmosphere.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MathewWatson
londreseiffel, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Sir
Many thanks for your nice comment about our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed our rooms with the view on the Eiffel Tower, which is really unique in Paris.
Know that we have decorated every single room separately with a unique decor like a parisian house : that's the atmosphere we wish to create so we are delighted you felt it.
We are really sorry for the bad experience you had with the night person, but if this can be forgiven it was his first night and that's true he had a lack of knowledge, we told him and he really feels sorry. We hope the champagne helped you to forget it !
We are always sincerely eager to help our guests, to make their stay in our home and city unforgettable! This is how we see our job and we do it fully with our heart.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.
Very kind regards,
Cédric and Arnaud

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife & I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a lovely view of the top of the Eiffel Tower. The room itself was small, but clean and well-decorated, also had plenty of closet space. The shower was VERY small, a larger person might have a tough time with it. However, we had a different room the first night where the shower was much larger. We were upgraded to the higher floor room when it became available the next day.

The staff was very friendly and spoke English. They sat us down the first day and walked us through a Paris map, helping with what to see and how to get there. The location is excellent, very short walk to the Eiffel Tower, several shops & cafes within a couple blocks, short walk to bus and metro/RER stops. They also had excellent prices compared to other hotels I found in the area. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
londreseiffel, Responsable commercial at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,
Good morning from De Londres Eiffel Hotel.
Thank you very much for your very kind message.
This is a very great happiness for us that you spent a wonderful stay at our hotel, and that you appreciated your room with a view to the top of Eiffel Tower.
In compensation to the quiet small size of our rooms, you loved their beautiful renovated design decoration and their cleanliness, in addition to the perfect geographic localization near Eiffel Tower and all the main facilities all around, our staff kindness and helpfulness.
In spite of the localization, we want to give our guests reasonable rates.
We will be very glad to welcome you again at our house, when you come back to Paris.
With warmest regards,
Cédric Arnaud

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a Rick Steves tour in October. Rooms are small and compact, but we were barely there so it was not an issue for us. We loved the heated towel rack to dry our clothes that we washed by hand! The location is very good, lots of restaurants nearby, but the street itself is quiet. The breakfast was included and it was fine, however if I was not on the tour, I probably would have ventured out into the neighborhood. As mentioned in the other reviews, the fron desk and staff people were great! I recommend and I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harlady
londreseiffel, Responsable réception at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Good afternoon from De Londres Eiffel Hotel, dear Sir and Madam.
We would like to thank you for your kind message, and we are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We have to recognize that rooms size in every 2 and 3-star hotel in Paris, and even in each European big city, is quiet small; however, we renovated all our rooms and our whole ground (front desk and breakfasts areas), in order to improve your comfort.
Moreover, you appreciated strongly the quietness of our street, our closeness to Eiffel Tower, and our staff friendliness, which are more important points than room size.
We will be very glad to welcome you again among us, when you come back to Paris.
Best regards,
Arnaud Cédric

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Rick Steves recommends this hotel in his travel books but I found out about it from several friends that had stay there and it came highly recommended. I have stayed at this hotel 5 times (a week at a time) and will continue to stay there whenever in Paris. I have travelled all over the world and I must say this hotel has some of the nicest people I have come across - friendly and always willing to help. I think some of the hotel's appeal might have something to do with the fact the hotel is relatively small and the staff have been there for some time. We love the location of the hotel and the comfort of the rooms. Breakfast was pretty tasty as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank SLRosso

Dear guests,
Good afternoon from De Londres Eiffel Hotel.
Really many thanks again for your very kind comment.
We take note that Rick Steves recommended to you our hotel, and we are very pleased to know that we managed to satisfy all your expectations.
You understood perfectly that rooms size in Paris is quiet small, but that it was not the most important point to spent a lovely stay at our hotel:
closeness to Eiffel Tower, modern comfort equipments in rooms, delicious and copious breakfast, and staff helpfulness enabled you to feel good among us.
Do not hesitate to come back and visit us again, every time you move to Paris.
Very kind regards,