1,613 results
All reviews eiffel tower a rick steves tour rooms are small ecole militaire around the corner de mars croissants connecting rooms perfect location charming hotel few blocks the entire staff minute walk would definitely stay here again breakfast was delicious beds were very comfortable a wonderful stay
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Paris and just loved this hotel! The location of the hotel couldn't be better, the staff is absolutely wonderful and go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. The room was very clean and nice. We stayed on the 6th floor and had a view of the Eiffel Tower - best night light ever!! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor if you want a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank C K
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter moved to Grenoble, France two years ago and my wife and I planned a visit in April 2013 to meet my granddaughter, While there we decided to stay three days in Paris. I had no idea where anything was in Paris, never having been there, much less any idea where to stay. I used TripAdvisor and found the Hotel de Londres Eiffel, took a chance and booked it primarily for it's location and proximity to the Eiffel Tower.

Paris is a very large city and the traffic, numbers of people and foreign language proved somewhat intimidating initially after arrival by train. When we arrived at the hotel I was taken back by the friendliness and genuine graciousness of Cedric. He had prepared a personalized package prior to our arrival with maps and brochures to help us during our stay.

We were directed to a room that can only be described as charming. It was nicely decorated and every inch of space was used to the maximum efficiency. The bathroom was fresh, tiled and modern despite the very old building the hotel is housed in. (The information there said it was original constructed to house workers erecting the Eiffel Tower). The bathroom had accessories like soaps and tissues personalized for the hotel and you could tell that during renovations - they hadn't skimped on quality of the new product as it was installed. The bed was as comfortable as some "Heavenly Beds" advertised in the big chains. There was a new Samsung TV (no English channels) and an in-room safe for your valuables. (There were cautionary signs everywhere in Paris about pickpockets - so use the safe and carry the minimum).

The great thing about this hotel is the location. It is on a quiet side street near a food store, tourist stores, restaurants, bars and the Eiffel Tower. Bus tours all pass near the Eiffel Tower, so they are accessible too.

We had breakfast in the hotel each morning - there was a good selection of traditional French breakfast food but beware - it is not included in your room rate - you will pay extra. The breakfast area is quite busy until after about 8:45.

On our last day the shuttle service picking us up for the airport was late. Cedric sensed our concern and went the extra mile by calling the shuttle service for us and helping us with our luggage when it finally arrived. While waiting I used the restroom in the lobby. Why am I telling you this? Because it too spoke volumes about the hotel. The quality of the fixtures, lighting, accessories, tiling, layout - everything has been thoughtfully designed and executed well. This place supplemented our visit by being a friendly home base from which to explore a beautiful city.

We would definitely stay here again and my wife tells me I am one of the most negative people you can meet, but not this time. I have nothing but good to say. A week after we got home - I received an email from Cedric hoping I had a safe journey home and saying that I would be welcome back at his place any day. In the days of large hotel chains where there are standards established by price and marketing considerations, it is refreshing to know a place like the Hotel de Londres Eiffel Paris still exists. I highly recommend you consider staying there.

3  Thank Neal W
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect. We traveled to Paris in December, right before Christmas, so we were able to experience the full cold and rainy winter season. The hotel was great for suggestions on what to do, breakfast was good (didn't change from day-to-day), staff were very friendly. It would have been good to know ahead of time that renovations and new construction was being done because the nights and early mornings were noisy, making it difficult to sleep especially for our one year old.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend but the reviews were also great and it lived up to it. It is only a few blocks away from the Eiffel Tower and a 10 (or a little less) minute walk to the metro. I had a single room which was small but exactly what I was expecting for Paris. It was clean and charmingly decorated. I paid in advanced on the website and got a great rate for the room. My room faced a charming courtyard on the backside of the building. The front desk manager was extremely friendly and spoke English well. They were very helpful in giving directions or whatever you needed. He remembered who I was and what room I was staying in. There is free WiFi which is always nice when traveling abroad. The buffet breakfast was delicious and while the staff member who ran it did not speak English she was so sweet and did her best to communicate to bring your hot drink.

Now for the negatives, the rooms are not soundproof and on a few occasions (despite only being there for one night), I could hear the couple next-door enjoying themselves a little too much (I think you understand what I mean). While the breakfast was convent and delicious, I think it was a little overpriced at 14 euros. It was just cereal, yogurt, bread, pastries, cheese, and meats. I had a 3 course gourmet meal the night before for 33 euros. I was on a strict time schedule so having breakfast at the hotel was the best option for me but for those who have more time to have a leisurely breakfast, going to a cafe or bakery would be a cheaper option.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again. This was a great hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spend 3 nights at this hotel. You cannot beat the location! It is an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower, On and Off bus, Bateau bus and Metro. The rooms are clean and updated. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Great places to eat are all in short walking distance.
My wife and I were traveling with our son and daughter-in-law. They also liked the hotel! Great neighborhood. We highly recommend.

2  Thank grehalva