We were beyond pleased with our stay at Hotel Apollon Montparnasse. Sure, the hotel is quite small, but this is Paris. Space is at a premium, and you shouldn't be spending much time in your room anyway. My fiance and I are both quite tall (he's 6'1" and I'm 5'11") and we were plenty comfortable in the room.
We absolutely loved the neighborhood. Between the staff's recommendations and our own searches, we found wonderful places for dinner near to the hotel each night. Bistro L'Envie on the corner right by Pernety Metro was recommended by the hotel and was fantastic. We didn't partake in the breakfast as we felt it unnecessary. There are plenty of small produce markets and boulangeries in the immediate neighborhood. So we left the hotel each morning and grabbed fruit, pastries, and coffee to enjoy while exploring the neighborhood and before starting our sightseeing.
Although the hotel is very conveniently located near the Pernety Metro, there's not really much reason to utilize it. The hotel staff provided recommendations of which bus routes to take to travel to the sights we were planning to visit each day. We live in DC and take the bus whenever possible, as we know that it's one of the best ways to explore a city. For us, these bus recommendations were invaluable, as they allowed us to experience Paris in our own way.
We are unlikely to return to Paris in the near future, Spain and South America are calling our names. However, when we do return, we will not hesitate to stay at Apollon Montparnasse yet again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent and family owned hotel, located near the metro Pernety (line 13), the Montparnasse station and the exhibition center of Porte de Versailles, the Apollon Montparnasse welcomes you in a cosy and refined atmosphere. Our 33 rooms are all equipped with high-end bedding, a mini-fridge, a safe box, air-conditionning, free high speed wifi (optic fiber), TVs with thematic channels (Canal +, BeIn Sports, Disney Channel) and bathrooms either with a shower or a bathtub, with toiletries from Couvent des Minimes. For family stays know that we offer connected rooms. Our buffet breakfast with its delicious handmade pastries, is served in our charming vaulted room, typical from Paris. The House offers car parking places in a secured car park, under request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Apollon Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollon Montparnasse Hotel
- Apollon Montparnasse Paris