This is how I rate hotels: 5* - outstanding, breathtaking, in any case the hosts really went the extra mile to please their guests. Everything is close to perfection.
4* - very good, they did the job as they should, nothing less, everything is nice, you feel you made a good choice after departure.
3* - average, nothing too bad or too good, some things are ok while others are rather poor.
2* - a place that should be avoided unless there are no other choices, most of the things are bad or disappointing.
1* - avoid on all means, it is so bad you can feel sick, insecure or worst
Now, Apollon Montparnasse is somewhere between 3 to 4 in my list. For a 2* star hotel it has its ups and downs.
Ups: - good location (close to metro station, relatively close to Montparnasse tower), nice bathrooms, decent breakfast, good bed, air con, fridge, large LCD TV, extremely nice staff with good to excellent English abilities, elevator.
Downs - not so many, but there are: very small rooms (it's Paris and it is a 2* hotel, so it is normal I would say), cleaning is good, but not perfect (old dust could be found on the dresser). Some windows might need to be reinspected: in the winter you can feel the cold air coming in. Is not cold inside the room, but the windows show their usage.
For a 2* star hotel, it is a pretty good place, better than most of the 3* star hotels I have been to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent and family owned hotel, located near the metro Pernety (line 13), the Montparnasse station and the exhibition center of Porte de Versailles, the Apollon Montparnasse welcomes you in a cosy and refined atmosphere. Our 33 rooms are all equipped with high-end bedding, a mini-fridge, a safe box, air-conditionning, free high speed wifi (optic fiber), TVs with thematic channels (Canal +, BeIn Sports, Disney Channel) and bathrooms either with a shower or a bathtub, with toiletries from Couvent des Minimes. For family stays know that we offer connected rooms. Our buffet breakfast with its delicious handmade pastries, is served in our charming vaulted room, typical from Paris. The House offers car parking places in a secured car park, under request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HRS, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Apollon Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollon Montparnasse Hotel
- Apollon Montparnasse Paris