“Classy hotel in Paris”

Ranked #541 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Upper Bavaria, Germany
“Classy hotel in Paris”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The Regence Etoile is a lovely hotel located in the heart of Paris. It was booked for me as a surprise weekend away. The superior quality of the Regence really made the weekend superb.
The reception area, elevator, room (and bathroom, in particular) are spotless. The mattress, bedding and pillows were top quality. There were extra blankets and pillows in the wardrobe.
We had one of the larger rooms at the back of the hotel. It was quiet and the modern windows were perfect for regulating the amount of fresh air in the room.

The staff at the front desk were consistently polite and spoke English well. The Wifi connection was no hassle at all and worked well. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. There are many little restaurants, boutiques and shops in the vicinity. The convenience of the location at the Arc de Triomph is wonderful, enabling one to travel all over Paris easily by metro and RER. Walking back to the hotel each time was a joy as one sees the Arc de Triomph and the Eiffel Tower in full view! A treat for any tourist.

In my opinion, it is hard to find a good hotel in Paris. Merci bien, Regence!

Room Tip: Room 301 was our lovely room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank indogerman
catherine z, Responsable commercial at Hotel Regence Etoile, responded to this review, October 2, 2015
Thank you for this review and your compliments.
We will happy to welcoming you for a next trip in Paris.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a pleasant 3 night break at this hotel. Room only, which was fine because Paris is a city in which you are out and about all day. There are plenty of local restaurants and cafés nearby for breakfast. The Air France bus to both Paris airports has a main stop one block up the street and this is very handy - and is a lot cheaper (at €10) for getting to/from CDG than the Roissy bus. We did notice that there did not appear to be a smoke detector in the hotel room and that the fire escape was the wood-faced main stairway down to reception. This seems quite common in Paris and presumably complies with local fire regs (?), but worth knowing about (I would prefer a steel or concrete fire escape leading directly outside). Apart from that, hotel was clean and pretty quiet, staff were friendly and reception very helpful and efficient. A good base to explore from.

• Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel staff at this hotel were so helpful and accommodating. They helped us with dinner reservations and all of our questions. The rooms are average as were the bathrooms. The location is behind the Arc de Triumph, which I found to be a little far, but the metro stop is only a block away. We had no problem taking the metro wherever we had to go. The breakfast room is very small, and one morning we had to wait for a table. The breakfast selection was okay, the same thing every morning. The area where the hotel is located is very quiet, so if this is what you want, than this hotel will work for you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndiA25
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I found this hotel on a list that meeting organizers had sent me and picked this hotel out of others due to its location and the TripAdvisor reviews I'd read. I was very pleased to have made this choice!

The hotel is 500 meters away from the Charles de Gaulle-Étoile metro and RER stations (take exit no. 5) and is towards the end of avenue Carnot, one of the 12 avenues surrounding the Arc de Triomphe. You can see the Arc de Triomphe as soon as you step out of the street, but the hotel is far enough down the avenue for you to get some peace and quiet. There are numerous restaurants, a bakery, a neighborhood grocery store and a pharmacy on the street that intersects avenue Carnot. If you want more action and choice, the Champs-Élysées and other major boulevards are all within walking distance. Depending on much you like to walk, places like Place de la Concorde can also be reached on foot in half an our or so (or by metro in about a third of the time).

The room is quite small. I am not a large person, so that is saying a lot. I was informed, when checking in, that I had been given an upgrade, which I understood to mean being given a queen sized bed rather than a bed for one person. The bed, little refrigerator, desk and wardrobe took up most of the space. Luckily there was enough closet space to tuck away stuff that could have made walking around the room difficult (forget about trying to exercise inside your room). The size of the room didn't really bother me, as I was out most of the time. The bathroom was, in contrast, of normal size. When I was in the room, I appreciated the fact that I could actually see the wooden floor, as only some parts of the room were carpeted. I also liked the wooden furniture and the homey scent in the room. Sometimes I could hear the voices from the other rooms, but the noise level was always tolerable.

The people at reception were always polite, friendly and helpful. You have to leave your key each time you go out. When they give you back your key, make sure have the correct key, as they once gave me the wrong key and I only realized the mistake after I'd gone up to try and open the door to my room.

Breakfast is EUR 13, which is probably good value if you want to have a full breakfast. I decided to go for other options as the breakfast area is in the basement of the building and didn't offer much of a view (I like to people watch).

The next time I find an excuse to be in Paris, I will consider this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Talampakan
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Regence Etoile mid November and were very pleased with the hotel. The room and en-suite bathroom were of a very good size and we had a slight view of the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel is very convenient for the metro, the RER and the Air France bus from CDG airport which stops at the top of Avenue Carnot. Continental breakfast (which was included in the cost of our room) has plenty of choice. I booked on-line and mentioned the trip was a treat for my husband's birthday. On arrival, a bottle of champagne and fruit were delivered to our room, which was a lovely surprise and much appreciated. The staff were warm and friendly and spoke English though we tried to use our limited French where possible. We would definitely stay at the hotel when we next go to Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EMW1946
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Regence Etoile in mid October 2013 and were very pleased with the hotel! We chose it because we were traveling with an older family member with lots of luggage, and we could take the Air France bus from CDG airport right to l'Etoile and walk only 1 1/2 blocks downhill to the hotel. Plus, l'Etoile has several metro lines and an RER making it a great transportation spot. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the (superior) rooms are charming and spacious, with all the modern conveniences and amenities. There were lots of cafés and restaurants nearby including cafe Lateral which was fun, and the fantastic restaurant "Au Petit Marguery" which was a hotel recommendation. The front rooms have a view of the Arc and the courtyard rooms are quieter. It's an excellent hotel!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChazInLA
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here on our first visit to Paris. The hotel is small but adequate. Our room was surprisingly large (503) but I don't believe they all were. The reception staff were freindly and helpful and were happy to indulge our attempts at school/phrase book French even though their English was far superior. You will need some French to converse with the lady in charge of breakfast, which is served in the basement. The whole hotel was clean and comfortable and well situated.
From the airport, catch the Air France bus that stops at the top of Avenue Carnot, just a little way from the hotel. Do not get a taxi, their charges are excessive.

Room Tip: We had room 503. A large double room with adequate bathroom. There were 3 french doors that led onto...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple