“ok for the price”
Review of Hotel Aida Marais

Hotel Aida Marais
Ranked #472 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel is near metro and main train stations, as well as bus stop for hop on hop off bus. Staff are helpful and pleasant. Walls are paper thin - we could hear the person in the next room using the tollet! Breakfast very basic - cereal, toast, boiled eggs and tuna.

Room Tip: Probably ground or first floor if possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank margw5
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Aida Marais, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your comment. We are happy you had a nice stay in Paris. We took note of your remarks to improve our hotel and services. Looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel Aida Marais on another occasion.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a perfectly adequate hotel where my wife and I enjoyed staying for a couple of nights in Paris recently.

The staff and service are great, very helpful and all apparently English-speaking. The room was small, with a small shower room en suite - the shower was a supposedly luxury one with nozzles spraying jets horizontally as well as a standard shower head but most of the nozzles didn't work and the handle for the shower fell off repeatedly which was surprisingly annoying. The walls are thin too - we could hear one neighbour snoring which was, again, surprisingly annoying. We're not normally easily annoyed, I promise!

But in spite of all this we enjoyed our stay for the most part and paid EUR140 for two nights which was very reasonable. They were also more than happy for us to leave our bags both before we could check in and after we had checked out which was very helpful. All told, we would probably stay here again, given the good location, value and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Aida Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We thank you for your comment. We are happy you had a nice stay in Paris. We took note of your remarks to improve our hotel and services. Looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel Aida Marais on another occasion.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 days in Paris in this beautiful hotel. The location is perfect for those who want to visit all the museums along the Seine. Also just outside the hotel there are excellent bakeries. However, to avoid the bars, restaurants: very high costs.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mattia892

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are very happy you had a nice stay in Paris and at the hotel Aida Marais.
We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My room is definitely small and far from the beauty I saw on the website.
Luckily it's close to the metro station (line 5 - Jacques Bonsergent) and less than 10min walking from Place de la Republique.
Although the room is warm and the staff is very kind and english speaking.
I'd been here only because I have a SmartBox.

Room Tip: I have the feeling they have serie A rooms and serie B ones.. watch out.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IlaRed
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Aida Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We thank you for your comment. We took note of your remarks to improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel Aida Marais on another occasion.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location (2 minute walk from Jacques Bonsergent and a 5 minute walk from Republique metro stations). Rooms are adequate considering you'll only be sleeping there, clean and with comfy beds. Free Wifi and you can leave your luggage there on the day of check out. Some great patisseries and restaurants close by. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank angelface6
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Aida Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Aida Marais for 8 nights from the 25th February. I stayed in a double room. Room 506 on level 5. I found the hotel to be excellent value for money and very clean. My room was small as expected for a hotel room in Paris or most other large cities. The bathroom was in need of a renovation however it was a good size and extremely clean. There was a large terrace accessed through French doors from the bedroom. I imagine this would be a lovely spot to relax at a warmer time of the year. The hotel was in a convenient location. Only about 300 metres from the Republique Metro station from which I was able to access most parts of Paris with ease. The hotel was situated in close proximity to Super Markets, Pharmacies and cafes/bakeries. I found the wifi to be adequate in my room but it would only allow me to access it using one device, so once I had accessed it with my iPhone I couldn't access it with my laptop. A minor inconvenience. My only major complaint would be about the amount of noise which was caused by Housekeeping when they were servicing the rooms. Each day I was disturbed by the continual slamming of doors. I looked outside my room to see it was a child playing around but was surprised to see the noise was caused by housekeeping. Each time they entered or exited a room ( and this was frequent ) the housekeeper let the door slam loudly. While the overall standard of housekeeping was good and the hotel was very clean I believe housekeeping should make more of an effort not to disturb guests who may be relaxing in the hotel during the day time. My other complaint would be that twice I was disturbed in my room when I had hung the 'please do not disturb' sign on my door. On one of these occasions I was ill and did not want to be disturbed. Overall very satisfied with the hotel and would return at a future time.

Room Tip: Room 506 has a large terrace/balcony although the bathroom has not been renovated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank helios34

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great value accommodation just around the corner from a metro stop (Jacques Bonsergeant). Our room was small, but quiet and clean with a comfy bed. We had quite a climb up a very narrow staircase to room 25...not so bad as we were travelling light but would have been a mission with significant luggage. all the staff were unfailingly polite and professional. I don't know what people expect when they book a room at a hostel or why this should matter but this is an older building with a cool shabby chic thing happening - it's well maintained but don't expect anything ultra modern or upgraded. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Big climb up a narrow staircase to room 25.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiePrevost, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Aida Marais, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Trip Advisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!