“A home away from home, making a perfect week in Paris”
Review of Le Mareuil

Le Mareuil
Ranked #126 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
bristol
“A home away from home, making a perfect week in Paris”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for five nights in Feb 2014 and could not fault it in any way. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly, especially with my three year old son. On arrival we were helped to our rooms which were super clean, modern and stylishly decorated with all the perfect finishing touches and attention to detail. The hotel is excellently situated for both Oberkampf and Republique metro stations and if you don't fancy a sit down breakfast the boulangerie and the end of the street does excellent pastries. We had the option of a toddler bed which was large and very clean with fresh sheets but ended up putting our son in the big bed as we had tow room with a connecting corridor which created an almost apartment feel. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the we used the NightCove lamp every night to help us drift into a peaceful slumber.

There are some great restaurants and bars nearby too, and I would definitely recommend the short walk to Canal St Martin which is lovely to stroll down in the sun. We were helped at every part of our stay from room service, to directions, weather reports etc. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and most certainly would stay again. The location is perfect as is the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21 and 22 on the second floor. Spacious and soundproof overlooking the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank WildandGrizzly
Florine C, Directeur général at Le Mareuil, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Lorie and Paul,

We deeply thank you for sharing your impression about our boutique-hotel and we are glad you spent an unforgettable family stay with us.

Our connecting rooms have been thought to provide the best quality comfort, intimacy and proximity with your child or children.

When travelling with children, you especially deserve to live an original and relaxing experience.

From baby full Equipment available to special services dedicated to children such as baby sitting, and special family rates based on connecting rooms, we want to be and often succeed being your n° 1 choice family friendly hotel when visting Paris.

Thanks again Lorie, Paul & F :-) and we look forward to welcoming you back in your Parisian Home.

Warm regards.

F.C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hebrew first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here with my mother for three nights last week. We were very happy with the level of service and the quality of the room, a junior suite, which was perfectly kitted out and extremely comfortable as well as cosy, given the pretty rough weather. The hotel staff was very, very good--polite, helpful and not intrusive. The hotel is a nice size, not too big and not too small and the breakfast/bar on the ground floor is both elegant and stylish. We got a laugh out of the oxygenation system in the sauna in the basement. Not sure if it did anything, but it certainly didn't hurt. Not a budget traveler's option, but if you have the funds and are looking for a modern, very comfortable and welcoming place, in a fantastic location, this is it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for just one night in January 2014. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the rooms and the facilities. The hotel is just a short walk from the République Metro station. We avoided the expensive breakfast at the hotel and instead went to local boulangeries. I would go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a wonderful hotel we picked thanks to trip advisor reviews. The room was a great size for Paris and remarkably clean and new. The beds were super comfy and I liked that the room we stayed in had a separate door for the bedroom. It allowed my hubby to sleep in while I got ready. During our two weeks traveling France this hotel was in my top 3. We stayed in seven different hotels during the duration of our trip. What stood out to me the most was the bathroom. It had a rain shower/bath combo. Every hotel that had this combo always drenched the bathroom floor. The way this bath was setup kept the floor dry. Another perk was that there was a parking garage for our rental about 3 minutes away (walking). The location was great...esp for seeing Notre-Dame and Le Marais. All within walking distance. The metro was also very close. The icing on the cake was that this hotel was close to Du Pain et des Idees bakery....which was delicious beyond belief. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank purpleladyslippers8
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent 4 days at Le Mareuil. It's in a great location, super close to the metro stations, modern, spacious, considering it was Paris and chic. The bathroom was a decent size and had organic bath products. The nightcove was a unique and comfortable way gadget to use to wake up. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sheena S
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I first stayed in this hotel in September for couple of days with my husband. As the location fits me perfectly for what I have to do in Paris I came back again in January for another couple of days. The room was payed by my husband via booking and his card was debited. At the arrival the lady at the reception (probably a manager) (no "good afternoon", no "welcome", nothing !) asks me to present the card with which I payed. 10 minutes of annoying discussions - me trying to explain to her that I do not have the card with me as it's my husband's card and that it is the first time it causes a problem and her speaking to me in a very impolite way and treating me as a fraudster while I'm visiting their establishment for the second time. Very “pleasant” welcome drink. We travel a lot and we stay in much more upgraded hotels all over the world. Nobody ever asked me this in my entire life. Especially that the Hotel le Mareuil is just a hotel, a mediocre one, nothing spacial, there are millions and millions like this in Paris - so why next time should I chose them and not their competitor next door???
So they took my card for the extras. What's next ?
When I come back home in a couple of days I realize that they blocked the amount of my stay on my card "for the security reasons". Excuse me?!! The room was already payed and the necessary amount was debited!!! What kind of customer service is that?! When we contacted the hotel, they didn't show any enthusiasm to do something about the the mess they are responsible for. My bank requested the confirmation from their bank to release the amount. When we contacted the hotel again asking to provide this confirmation they simply didn't react or reply. Now I have to wait 30 days to get my money back available because these are the rules of my bank.
Congratulations Hotel Le Mareuil ! Minus one customer. Me personally, I am never coming back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
15 Thank EvgeniyaL
Florine C, Directeur général at Le Mareuil, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mrs Evgeniya Levkova,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations.
I personally took time to know what happened with the manager on duty at your c/ in time registration and it appears that :
The credit card used as a pre-payment for your stay wasn’t in your possession although it’s part of our regular process to absolutely check this point, and respect this rule ( as every travel or tourism company does).
This credit card wasn’t yours, as per your explanations, the cc owner, had neither planned to join you during your stay, nor reachable ( was on a trip in a train).
You proposed to provide later his agreement on this covered charge and it never came to us
The night manager did a preauthorization on your own cc to secure the fees and extras that may occur while waiting for a document of the cc owner on your behalf.
We finally have been reached by him on the day after, and then of course we released the preauthorization amount which was NOT AT ALL A DEBIT and is normally delete with an immediate effect.
We were then in contact with the cc owner by email and over the phone and we confirmed and provided the receipt of the released amount, that you could have forwarded to your bank if necessary.

We are very surprised that you haven’t been informed of our correspondence with the cc owner and we are also sorry to hear that your Russian bank can keep 30 days a released amount.

My team always try to do its best and respect our management rules with appropriate manners as well as satisfying customers, and in some particular cases, it’s not of an easy access to 100% succeed.
You were satisfied on your first stay and decided to come back as a lot of customers do, we are sorry that some simple administrative formalities wasted your first positive feeling about our property.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in improving our services. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future .

F.C. - G.M.
London
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at Le Mareuil for a short weekend break following reading some great feedback on trip advisor. And Le Mareuil did not disappoint! The best hotel I stayed in Paris to date at a very affordable rate. Good location just off Republique square but in a very quiet side road. Very clean, nice and modern, quiet rooms and good breakfast. Very friendly staff. Will come back. Thanks

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple