“Great place to stay but...”
Review of Le Mareuil

Le Mareuil
Ranked #122 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Mareuil for three nights and the room was small but given we were there only to sleep this was fine. It was clean and very comfortable complete with robes and slippers. Staff was very helpful with reservations and recommendations for restaurants (thank you Berg). Free wifi throughout the building was fast enough for video calls back home.

The only complaint was breakfast. We were under the impression that it was included. It was delicious, but at checkout came a 45€ bill for us for three mornings that was basically coffee, cereal, and pastry. If you took eggs it suddenly became the "buffet" rather than an "express" breakfast. So, in hindsight, go have your breakfast at one of the many cafes or boulangeries around. In fact, the place they get their croissants from is at the south end of the city block, and they make excellent pastries and coffee. So I would recommend just going there for breakfast.

Otherwise was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank huntsvilletri

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel! It's cute, clean, stylish, functional and the location is fantastic - especially if you're arriving on the eurostar... it's just a couple of stops from the Gare Du Nord! Staff are very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Beebbb
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked the hotel based on what I had read on Trip Advisor. The room was an average size room that you would find in a Paris hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very clean and well appointed. It would be nice if the rooms had tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfasts were perfect and the mini croissants were fantastic. We arrived very early and were told that our room was not ready so we have 6 hours to kill. We were expecting this so we set off to explore Paris on foot. Quite something after an eleven hour flight from South Africa. on returning to the hotel, we were informed that the room was in fact ready when we arrived. That was the only disappointment. The day time front desk staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us navigate around Paris. They organised us a taxi and made a number of restaurant suggestions and reservations. This is definitely a hotel to recommend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank satrippa
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was a pleasure from the moment we booked. I emailed a few questions before our stay, and the responses I received from the staff were always quick and thorough. The hotel itself is a cool, modern boutique hotel, conveniently located near the Republique and Oberkampf stops. It was also very easy to walk to the Marais. In addition to the great location, the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was so soft it made it difficult to get up in the morning. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and attentive. One tip I would offer to the hotel is to provide irons in the rooms. The hotel only had one on hand that didn't work very well. But, a very small issue in an overall great stay. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leahnm
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My contact with this hotel was via phone and email - and the person was so attentive and courteous! Arriving was easy with a GPS- and the attendant was friendly and spoke Spanish! The rooms were perfect!! We booked 2 rooms next to each other and this turned out excellent!! The breakfast was perfect!! It is not included in the price of hotel but it wasn't to pricey and it wad a bit of everything ! Coffee hit the spot!!! Bed was comfortable!! Loved everything about this place! And it was nearby to many attractions!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Hotel Le Mareuil and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are clean and very well appointed, not huge but by Paris standards they are a good size. Front desk staff was very helpful and very accommodating. The beds were great and I had some great sleeps after wandering the streets of Paris. I can't say I loved the neighbourhood where the hotel is located, there are many people living on the streets, but there are a lot of restaurants and stores close by. As noted Paris has a serious issue with street people including families living on the streets, they don't typically bother you but it is disturbing to see so many kids living on the streets.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I wanted to write a quick review about this new little boutique hotel that I stayed in while I visited Paris in Late July. I got a great deal on the hotel, because on my way to visit a friend in Switzerland, I decided to stop off in Paris to relax for a couple of days as it is one of my favorite cities. Because the end of July is the start of Holiday where Parisians flee for the beaches due to the heat, the hotels were mostly at a 40% discount everywhere.

I mostly wanted a hotel close to the metro, but also where I could easily walk to Le Marais and even the Seine if I could to spend a couple of lazy days wandering, sitting in cafés, or at Paris la Plages. This hotel was near enough to Le Marais that I could walk there, and one of the main metro intersections (Place de la Republique) was a stone's throw away.

The rooms were very new and clean--small, but this is expected at a Parisian boutique hotel--but very nice--they actually had rain water showers which I was impressed with. There was a convenience store nearby and a couple of restaurants close by. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well (important in July).

I however, mostly wanted to write this stellar review because of what happened after I left the hotel. I was traumatized to realize after I got on the train to Zurich, that I had left my favorite blue leather jacket in the closet at the hotel in Paris! The jacket was a one of a kind washed light blue leather, and I had purchased it from a very great boutique leather shop in Florence right on the Arno River. It was irreplaceable and was something I could not get at a Gucci or Prada store in the US (though was far cheaper than anything I would get in these stores). I was so distraught, but the management there were so great with me--they went to the post office, and researched all the shipping options, priced them all out for me, whether I wanted it to be insured or not, and in the end, got me back my favorite jacket completely intact, mailed back to my home in San Francisco. I was so appreciative. Thanks for getting me back this jacket full of unique as well as sentimental value!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo