“Great hotel, location”

Ranked #939 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Oakville, Canada
“Great hotel, location”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is a short walk from the Luxembourg station and was very easy to find. We had a nice room on the top floor overlooking the main street, room was a good size for Paris however the shower was very small. The Luxembourg area is very nice and I felt safe walking around at night. It was around a 25 min walk to Notre Dame

I found the hotel to be very dark, our floor had barely any lighting and I found that odd. Wasn't impressed by the staff they seemed unimpressed by everyone. Breakfast was served in the main lobby and was pretty good. Overall it was a little expensive but the location made up for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed in a twin room October 25 - 28, 2012. Hotel is showing its age however great price and location. A short walk from RER blue line, Luxembourg stop (hopped on at CDG & straight shot). Room was typical size for Paris hotels of this type. Very clean room (#303) & bathroom. Great shower (hey I like my water pressure) although for a person who needs a lot of room in a shower you may have to be creative with space or if you drop the soap. The front desk staff were excellent and very knowledgeable/helpful with any questions I had as well as being extremely patient while I stumbled through in French.

On the negative side for me - Asked for a room facing the inside however all twins face the street according to front desk clerk. Was not as noisy as I thought it would be. Another is there is no safe in room.

Cannot comment on breakfast as I opted to eat at local cafes enroute to whichever area I was checking out that day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well located near the Luxembourg RER (ie easy access from the airport), this hotel provides the basic comfort that you need to enjoy your stay in Paris. The rooms are extremely compact - but I had a room to myself and it was fine. The bed was comfortable and there was minimal noise outside (I had a window onto Boulevard St-Michel). The only negative (but one which was acceptable) was the very tiny shower where you can barely move once you close the doors. That would not stop me from staying here again. Very close to walk to Jardin du Luxembourg and the Pantheon. In fact, you can pretty much walk everywhere if the weather is right. The staff were very helpful (helping me with a damaged lock on my suitcase and also providing us with recommendations for restaurants close by) and I was able to pay 1/2 price for an extra 1/2 for a very late checkout before heading to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Birzebbuga, Malta
Reviewed October 3, 2012

GOOD POINTS:
• Clean hotel and clean towels
• Very close to metro stations i.e. very close to main places of interest
• Pretty Luxembourg Gardens 2 minutes away from the hotel
• Close to MANY shops
• Friendly and well-mannered hotel staff
• Free Wi-Fi
• Small room but suitable for a solo traveller
• Good sleep quality - no noises but could do with improved pillows and blankets/duvets
• Safe hotel for female solo-travellers
• Pharmacies and grocery shops super close to the hotel

NOT SO GOOD POINTS:
• Breakfast at Eur9 and it is practically served in the lobby so whilst people are checking in they are also checking in your plate! I was better off buying breakfast from one of the many shops in the surroundings.
• Very thin pillows...better off without them
• Could have done with a duvet rather than the flimsy blanket
• The shower cubicle was extremely small...and I have a smallish frame...
• No plugs in the room, whenever I needed to use my laptop I had to unplug the TV...not very convenient

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank zokra
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was good for paris. it was quite small our room just fit a double bed it and the bathroom you could reach the walls when you held ur arms out but it was perfect for us as we were out all day. Breakfast was basic bread rolls and croissants but that was breakfast in all cafes. the only thing we didnt like was that we thought we had paid for all 4 nights when we booked on the internet but we had only paid for the first night and if my partner hadnt had his debit card with him im not sure how we would have paid. the room was cleaned daily and towels replaced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jojo2989
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed one night, before flying home. Reservation went smoothly and the price was reasonable for a triple room. Room and bathroom quite small. Older feel to the place but clean and comfortable (the beds seemed a bit flimsy but not bad). We had an inside room with courtyard window and it was very quiet considering Blvd St. Michel is a major street. The front desk staff were nice, helpful -- they booked our airport shuttle for us. We skipped the 11 euro breakfast for a cafe nearby with fresh coffee, pastries and quiche. Quick walk to the lovely Luxembourg Gardens across the street. If you want to stay on Blvd St Michel this is much quieter than the hectic and crowded area next to the Seine (Place St Michel I think).

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quiet, no street noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SazMV
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here once before and we had the room at the very top which was very small but we liked it a lot. We weren't sure what to expect the second time around, however, we were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was a front facing room on the fifth floor with a small balcony with a nice view. The room was still small which is normal for Paris but was very clean. The air conditioning was excellent. There was very little traffic noise even in a front facing room but the walls are quite thin and we could hear the neighbours easily.

Overall this was a great second stay and we would recommend it

• Stayed August 2012